Lockheed Martin

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.6

Senior Military Operations Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2014.

Hiring and interview process was coordinated and well performed. People were exceptional. Interview process was friendly and cordial, but assembly line arranged and conducted. Not as personable as expected. Interview process was separate from salary negotiations. Interviews were conducted as group interview sessions in a conference room setting with multiple players in similar interviews. Former peers and colleagues comprised my panel of interviewers. Overall relaxed atmosphere and interactive exchange. There were no women on the interview panel. Functional, technical, managerial focused group conducted my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Did I have what it takes to continue to manage the complex project that I had managed over the last eight years and my willingness to accept mandated training.   View Answer
    Unfortunately, there was no negotiation phase.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

You really must know someone that already works there to even get your foot in the door. I had applied several times, for many positions, but it wasn't until a friend took my resume to HR that they even looked at me.
    The interview process is extremely detailed and slow, but worth it if they hire you.
    I went through two individual interviews - with the hiring manager and then the HR manager. Then I went through a group interview with the department I would be working for. The whole process took over a month.
    Because it is a government contractor, you must pass a pretty extensive background check - including credit check. They also want you to gain a security clearance, which involves a rather extensive amount of paperwork and an interview with a government official.

Interview Questions
    • Because of the nature of their business, you will get asked about your feelings on the military - support or not - and how you feel about war.   View Answer
    My level did not require a negotiation.

Multi-functional Financial Assc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

It is a long process with not much communication from the organization.I interviewed in November with the organization. I felt really good about the organization despite my awful interactions with them at career fairs and school events. I got the feeling, this company does not care about people. I want to say they are just as evil as IBM but I am not sure how to stick it. I was told I would hear back within two weeks. 3 and half weeks later minus holiday which means I waited four weeks I got a crappy denial letter. I told HR I had prior deadline 3 times. I needed to know weeks before then but never heard back at all. This company morale is very low and I do not think many of their employees are very happy. They look at this job as a paycheck ... they have even complained about their contracts with the government which angered me because you are a defense company with engineering and such yet you talk crap about the people paying your salaries. If you are a kind person who wants a job full of meaning and people that care what they do, stay away from this company and look elsewhere.

Aeronautical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2014.

The interview involved a dinner/orientation the night before. The whole group of managers and students interviewing for positions were very friendly. On the day of the interview, toured the facility in the morning and then had two interviews after lunch. Both interviewers asked the same set of questions. The questions were very straightforward and standard for personality type of interview. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to overcome an unexpected obstacle.   Answer Question

Systems Integration and Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was flown to the facility and attended a site tour, company presentation and then had a one hour 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. There were no technical questions and the conversation focused on my previous experience and how I would fit or not fit the role.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Multiple interviews with different people. Large number of other qualified candidates there. Competitive. They had breakfast and lunch available. They actually flew me in for the interview. They were interviewing for multiple positions so it was pretty stress free.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems did you encounter with previous jobs. How did you respond.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Previous interaction with business development personnel from Lockheed led to interest on their part in my services. Interview format information was provided prior to the interview. Prior to the formal interview, which started 15-20 minutes late, I was engaged in conversation with the four panel members who arrived on-time; I expect this informal conversation was really a part of the interview process as they tried to get a sense of who I was and why I was interested in Lockheed Martin. The formal interview was done by a six-member panel with each member asking questions from a pre-coordinated script. All formal interview questions from the panel followed the STAR (situation, task, action, and result) format; in total approximately 24 questions were asked and the process lasted about 1.5 hours. Later in the day I was introduced and interviewed by a senior VP.

Interview Questions
    • Recount a time in your previous career when you were asked to compromise your integrity; how did you handle the situation and what did you learn and/or carry forward from the experience?   Answer Question

Logistician E3 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Incredibly long period between submission of application to an update on status application. Was not initially contacted by Hiring Manager but through and Associate who could provide little if any information regarding the process. After 60 days of waiting was advised of interview which was later postponed and rescheduled. A face-to-face interview of about thirty minutes, no surprises and much of the conversation included current issues maintaining customer satisfaction and issues with performance. Product/Service was currently perceived as too costly, too slow to react and the company too big to resolve customer service issues. Couple those issues with a lack of performance from the previous person and it certainly was eye opening regarding a decision to possibly accept an offer. Got to a least give them credit for showing the problems with the position prior to throwing one to the sharks.

Too many issues with customer satisfaction, salaried position with much time dedicated to contacting overseas customer, Other reason was that there was substantial lack of face-to-face customer interaction due to budget.

Senior Environmental Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2012.

Hiring process was rather slow but the interview process was straight forward. I interviewed with the company before for a different position which was not offered to me. The manager liked my interview and called me back for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too serious, most questions where personality based.   Answer Question

UCF CWEP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The process was very simple and I was called in for an interview down at the plant. It was about 30 minutes long, they asked a lot of personal questions, and then more in depth work experience questions. It was a panel interview, and there were people from multiple departments interviewing me at once. It was a little intimidating but the questions weren't hard and overall it was a fairly easy experience.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an experience when you felt pressured to meet a time constraint, and how you handled that pressure.   View Answer