Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

One room, two senior level interviewers. More of a conversation than an interview. Asked a lot of character questions. We were told the format to answer the questions the night before, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Data Warehouse Analyst Associate Interview

Interview

I had interviewed for two Lockheed jobs previously, and was reached out to about this position. I applied online and was contacted within one week for interview. I met with the hiring manager and two other managers in a panel style interview. I was asked questions by each of the three interviewers off a sheet of paper. Some questions were related to my resume but most asked me to "recall a time when I did such and such". Within a week I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a time when you had a difference of opinion with a manager or higher up?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer I received was well above what I was expecting so no negotiations, I accepted it outright.

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

Applied online via their website. I was contacted about 2 weeks later from a hiring manager for about a fifteen minute phone screen. I was notified on the phone that they were going to bring me in for an in person interview. I was contacted by HR confirming the interview time, and filled out an application to interview. Lockheed Martin does offer to pay for interview travel expenses if you are far enough from the facility (any more than a 45 minute drive or so should be paid for by the company). The interview was fairly standard, I met with a couple managers and an HR representative. Standard questions, mainly involving past experiences, and several questions highlighting leadership experiences. There were no technical questions per se, but there were high level questions about systems and MATLAB usage. It took about a month to hear back, but I was informed that I did not get the position. Lockheed was very professional throughout the process and were very respectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when, in a leadership position, someone was having trouble meeting deadlines and what you did to accomplish the task.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stennis Space Center, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Stennis Space Center, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

I was in contact with a LM employee that referred me to the job. She contacted me and told me I will be getting a call from HR to set up the interview. The process included an on-site panel interview with the hiring manager, HR contact, and the employee that referred me. The process was super laid back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain my resume. Then went into a series of pre-determined questions. I only remember a few questions asked. Technical: Why does rebar make concrete stronger? What does Cv and how is it used? Behavioral: What was the hardest project I have worked on and why? What was my favorite class in engineering and why? What was my biggest challenge and how did I overcome it? How would you explain your communication skills? Explain a time when you worked on a team and what was your role. Also, what problems did we overcome.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

had an On Site interview. Got a tour of the site then spoke to many managers each with a different interview. very good experience as a college student. They take very good care of their interviewees

Interview Questions

• strengths/ weaknesses. what projects have you worked on. why Lockheed   Answer Question

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Video interview went well but after the interview I sent a thank you email to the people I interviewed with and the recruiter. None of them wrote back with a positive or negative reply. I called the recruiter and left a message for her and she never replied to that. Very unprofessional. I would like to work for them because the pay is good and it looks good on a resume but after this experience I might turn them down if and when they ever make an offer....keep in mind this particular requisition was from October 2014 and I was interviewed in May 2015

Interview Questions

• STAR questions - behavioral type questions and of course questions regarding the job title   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I got the disability email about a week later. About 2 weeks after I got another email asking for a in person interview in the Fort Worth area. All expenses were paid which was really nice. I was interviewed by the department head and his associate. The interview itself was a mix between behavioral and technical. It lended more towards what have you done with communication and your knowledge on this stuff.

Support Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

A panel of managers ask about style andit is good in time in the management of staff. They were not organized and need my help but did not offer a posiition.

Interview Questions

• what would u do if u need to dismiss an employee   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview a few days after applying. It was to be a phone interview because the 2 managers that would be on the call were on different sides of the country. The interview wasn't too much of a pressure cooker. Normal behavioral questions for the most part with a couple odd ones thrown in. They told me prior knowledge of different IT technologies wouldn't be a factor in their selection process but later the hiring manager told me that's why they ended up choosing another candidate over me in the end. Pretty disappointing to be misled like that by such a reputable company. Took a little over a month for them to make their decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach learning about something you know nothing about?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview. Was flown out, got to meet several of the managers who were very kind people. All round behavior interview with interests in prior projects or work experience. There were some technical questions but nothing out of this world. Also got a background tour of their facilities. The interviews were individual but in a group format. They would have a big group of 10-15 come to the event and then the managers split the interviewees based of the skills set. I had 4 interviews with 7 different managers from different departments.