Lockheed Martin

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Submitted an application online, was contacted by a recruiter about an on-site interview in Syracuse, NY. Company paid for flight/rental/meals. The on-site interview consisted of a presentation by HR and an engineer for about 1 - 1.5 hours to a group of about 12 candidates, and a quick-ish tour, and then everyone was split up to different rooms to be interviewed 1-on-1. There were 3 back-to-back interviews, each about an hour, with 3 different people, of varying seniority (sr. managers, lead engr, 'entry level' managers). The interviewers all had a sheet of questions which they wanted the candidate to answer in 'STAR' format. All behavioral questions, asking to draw on my past experiences, and some occasional probing question (slightly technical) that asked something a little deeper about an experience or project I mentioned. One slightly frustrating part was that the interviewers all had the same questions, and preferred if I gave a different answer for each time I was asked a given question (this was challenging for some of the tougher behavioral questions).

After interviews was lunch and a chance for final questions before wrapping up early afternoon.

Overall very pleasant experience; enjoyed talking to my interviewers.

Showing significant knowledge of the companies current contracts and related contracts seemed to catch a lot of attention.

Received a phone call telling me to expect an email offer about a week after interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you've had to work with a group of tough people, and what you did to overcome any difficulties.   View Answer

Wasn't a huge fan of the surrounding area, and not quite sure I want to go into Systems Engineering.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

They came out to our school's job fair and then to our Association for Computing machinery or ACM presentation where after a quick interview scheduled us for an interview. I applied for most of the software engineer positions. They called back within a couple days. Interviewed at their location. They paid for the trip and hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were straight forward. Even though they said to expect mostly behavioral based interview questions, it wasn't even that it was more about going through my resume and seeing what my strengths and experiences were in and how they can translate into what they are doing.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

The interview was fast and efficicent, the queations were pretty straight forward and I have no compaints as far as the professionalism. I would love to have accept the offer however the money just wasnt there. I have heard nothing but great things!

Interview Questions
    • If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do?   View Answer

Subcontract Administrator Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I had an employee referral. I applied online and heard back about one month after applying. I got a call and email saying that their was a hiring event and that I was invited to interview. They flew me out and the hiring event was pretty intense. They had a huge room full of hiring managers behind tables and I had to interview with about 50 other interviews going on around me. It was pretty difficult to concentrate on their questions when everyone was pretty much yelling around us. It lasted around 45 minutes and they said I should be hearing back within one to two weeks. I ended up getting a call about an hour after I left saying I had received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about communicating with another department that wasn't on the same page as you?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online, got back from HR within 1-2 months. Straight to on site interview. But sometimes they will have HR call you first to do the screening questions, for example, are you US citizen? I got a pre-employment form after 30 minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Majority interview questions are behavioral and your school/project works.   Answer Question

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Conducted a "round table" interview with 8 employees, each asking different questions. There was a variety of questions on multiple subjects. Many were soft skill questions, a lot were asking you to describe an event from a past position.

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

standard interview. All tell me about a time when.... One phone interview with HR then a quick call with someone from the business. Bring you in for a 'super day' interview with multiple people answer the same thing over and over. Have multiple examples to illustrate same thing.

Interview Questions
    • none. Easy interview compared with consulting companies.   Answer Question
    Get all the money you can up front. Do not be afraid because this is the only time to get ahead working there.

Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Very thorough and organized. The company has a standardized process that has been used for years which utilizes all of the following, phone interviewing, in-person interview and then online certification and testing. The security clearance step which is completed online takes the longest to complete.

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Probably the quickest process I've been through to get a job. Applied for position in Denver at first. I didn't hear anything back. Then I applied for the same position in Boulder about two months later. Got an email from recruiter saying I'd be a fit for the position and would be getting info about an interview soon. Didn't have a phone interview. Flew up to Denver about a week after initial contact in email for the interview. Interview was with three managers where they asked a variety of behavioral/situation questions about past experience. It was going well so then they asked about salary requirements at the end. Interview was on a Thursday and I was offered the job on the next Tuesday. So, from first email contact, the process took about two weeks. Tried to negotiate based on cost of living expenses, but was denied.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of problems did you solve in your prior position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The recruiters came to the career fair. I waited in line to talk specifically to the individual whose interests most closely matched my own. I developed a rapport with recruiter and he called me about three weeks after the career fair to offer me a position in his group for the summer.

Interview Questions
    • What project that you have contributed have you found most exciting? Why   View Answer