Lockheed Martin

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.6

Logistician E3 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Incredibly long period between submission of application to an update on status application. Was not initially contacted by Hiring Manager but through and Associate who could provide little if any information regarding the process. After 60 days of waiting was advised of interview which was later postponed and rescheduled. A face-to-face interview of about thirty minutes, no surprises and much of the conversation included current issues maintaining customer satisfaction and issues with performance. Product/Service was currently perceived as too costly, too slow to react and the company too big to resolve customer service issues. Couple those issues with a lack of performance from the previous person and it certainly was eye opening regarding a decision to possibly accept an offer. Got to a least give them credit for showing the problems with the position prior to throwing one to the sharks.

Too many issues with customer satisfaction, salaried position with much time dedicated to contacting overseas customer, Other reason was that there was substantial lack of face-to-face customer interaction due to budget.

UCF CWEP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The process was very simple and I was called in for an interview down at the plant. It was about 30 minutes long, they asked a lot of personal questions, and then more in depth work experience questions. It was a panel interview, and there were people from multiple departments interviewing me at once. It was a little intimidating but the questions weren't hard and overall it was a fairly easy experience.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an experience when you felt pressured to meet a time constraint, and how you handled that pressure.   View Answer

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied online and then, a week or so later, I received a phone call for an in-person interview. After the interview, I got a call informing me they were interested in hiring me but I had to go through the vetting process which didn't take very long for me.... But it does for most.

Salary was negotiable

Aeronautical Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2014.

The interview involved a dinner/orientation the night before. The whole group of managers and students interviewing for positions were very friendly. On the day of the interview, toured the facility in the morning and then had two interviews after lunch. Both interviewers asked the same set of questions. The questions were very straightforward and standard for personality type of interview. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to overcome an unexpected obstacle.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2014.

It took about a month and a half from the application until I was notified of the phone interview, which I scheduled for the next day. It's for a position that hasn't existed before in a sector that hadn't had internships before, so they admitted to problems with the applicant selection process. I've only done the one interview so far.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to analyze a set of data and use the results to convince or persuade someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you have dealt with an issue with a teammate or a higher-up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2014.

It was an interview straightforward to your resume, asking questions about your experience and 3 or 4 behavioral questions and easy to answer.
    One question of "code".....

The next month I received a email from my recruiter saying that I don't have an offer.

Member Engineering Staff Interview

I met one of the ELDP (Engineering Leadership Development Program) at a conference and was quickly referred to another person. Within two weeks, I got a call from the manager at a location I applied to, came in for an interview two days later, and was offered a position within a week. I had three different interviews with other rotations managers for the program. They mainly asked about my team work capabilities and my projects as listed on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly simple. Just answers each question with the result of your actions taken. It is important to stress that your roles within a group, while still emphasizing you are a team player.   Answer Question
    They would like proof of competing offers. Having an internship at a big company / industry and getting a higher education degree past a Bachelors helps in your "point system." Recruiter claimed the point system is in place to prove they are an equal and fair employer. Whether or not this is true is unknown to me. Lockheed pays lower than my competing offers but their program was what drew me in.

Project Manager Interview

The interviewing process was very good. Managers were available for questions about the job. The background check process took a long time and in this regard there was very little communication. Sometimes the next step in the process would take longer due to lack of response from the security office.

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Got into contact with a recruiter through connections in the company, and gained his contact information through linkedIn. Emailing the recruiter several times led him to sending me some positions to apply to. I heard nothing back until I emailed him saying that I have received another offer. This fast-tracked me to the final round.

The interview was purely looking for my interest and their needs. There was no technical evaluation, just goodness of fit.

Interview Questions
    This was the best offer that I had gotten out of my 4 other offers, so I did not feel like I was in a strong negotiating position. They gave me more than i expected.

Aeronautical Engineer Asc Interview

The interview process was very fun. I got flown out to the Fort Worth site and had a one hour interview. After the interview we got to tour the site. The interview was very easy and felt more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your previous internship?   View Answer