Lockheed Martin

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Simple straight forward process with no surprises. The interview was set-up through a recruiter and conducted by the hiring manager. There wasn't much of delay, but the recruiter still stayed in touch to ensure I had all necessary information and followed-up after the interview to give me expectations on next steps.

College Student Tech Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2014.

I was referred through the dean of my school and got interviewed for 3 internship positions. All of the three interviewers all had a standard set of questions they chose from along the lines of "tell me about a time when you.... made a mistake, didn't get along with a coworker, had foresight to a problem, challenges you faced, etc." Some of the questions were repeated across interviewers, and some of the interviewers asked more technical questions based on my background. Overall, the facilities are not as nice as a tech company, but the products they are working with are pretty cool.

Interview Questions
    • "tell me about a time when you.... made a mistake, didn't get along with a coworker, had foresight to a problem, challenges you faced, etc."   View Answer
    No negotiations for interns, but pay was more than I had expected for an intern.

Electronics Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2014.

I applied for an Electronics Engineer position, and three months later I received an initial phone call with the recruiter to discuss about my background. The recruiter went ahead and forwarded my resume over to the hiring manager which an on-site interview took place two weeks later. At the on-site interview, all of the questions were mostly behavioral scenarios. It has been a month now, and I am still waiting for a decision to be made. The only advice I can give if you get an interview is to be patient with Lockheed Martin's process as there are many candidates to filter out, and there are budgets that need to be in consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult nor unexpected. The hiring manager was very comfortable to begin with so it felt like a normal conversation.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2014.

Applied online, got a call about a week later about an interview. Went in for the interview and was interviewed by two people. Asked general questions, nothing specific to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a team member was slacking off. What did you do about it and what was the results.   Answer Question

Technical Trainer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Had 2 interviews with the program manager (phone and in person) and 1 interview with the Client (Fed Govt) during the late Aug early Sept timeframe in 2006. Never heard a word back until the last week of Oct. I had forgotten about the job and interviews by then and had figured they weren't interested. I accepted the offer and started working Oct 30.

Software Quality Engineer Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied online and got a phone call from two current Software Quality Engineers asking if I would be able to fly out to Denver for an interview. Two days later I got a call from HR to schedule my interview. I flew to Denver another two days later for the interview and found out three days later that I got the job. The interview was very easy. They asked me basic personality questions asking what group projects I worked on, previous intern or research experience I had, and best and worst quality. The job is mainly decided on your personality, abilities to multi-task, and learn new skills.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected question was what was the most controversial situation you have been in and what did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview process varies greatly. Lockheed being a large company has various ways of how they conduct their hiring. It is mostly dependent on the local site and its management. I went through four different interviews and each was different. When I was initially hired on, I had one interview and that was it. HR was conducting the hiring from a different state - It took two weeks. Later on, I interviewed at a different site and it was much more rigorous and took longer.

Interview Questions
    • They were mostly interested in problem solving ability. Given a situation, how would you handle it - That type of a thing   Answer Question
    It only took one week

Software Engineer Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Got a phone call by a recruiter to set up a profile and got bumped up to a Program Manager's view. About 2 weeks later I got an email to confirm an interview date. It was a group interview with different Program Managers. Was asked basic interview questions like "how do you handle a specific situation". More behavior questions than anything. Nothing technical at all.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about telling a customer that what they wanted was way out of scope of the project?   Answer Question
    Offer was more than I expected so I accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Went online and applied then I had an interview. It was a lot of fun. It was not hard. Very nice people interviewed me. All in all I was very excited

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

After the first phone screening with the team lead, I was asked to come in for interview. At the interview with the team lead, manager and 2 other technical staff, I was asked some technical which I was able to answer without difficulty. They Interviewers were nice and professional. Overall, the interview was easy

I refused the first offer, and they increased it by 5%. I accepted the second offer as I realized they were not going to go higher