Lockheed Martin

2.6

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Posted for job on Monster (March of 2000) - Interviewed with 7 local managers (Systems engineer, program office, manufacturing, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, security, and HR) the next week. Received the offer 4 weeks later and started 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • All day interview. No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    I asked for an amout that was a 70% increase on my last salary. They said "yes".

Program Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Was called by college recruiter; scheduled one 30 minute phone Interview. Then asked to come in for an in Person interview. Was interviewed by a panel with three attendees. Interview lasted an hour. They will sometimes fly you to a certain location for the interview

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Applied online, and was asked to come in for an in person interview. Had to fill out multiple forms online prior to coming in. The interview itself took about an hour. Interviewer mainly asked behavioral questions (why you want to be here, etc.) They background check the candidates after interviewing. Heard back 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a bunch of questions in the format of "name a time when..."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The interview process was simple, they basically just asked a few generic thought based questions. The focus was on experience working in teams. There were no technical questions at all. Think of it like this, every question started with "tell me about a time when you...".

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to answer their questions using experiences that weren't listed on my resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. Take it or leave it.

Project Coordinator Interview

The interview was professional and the managers asked a lot of questions about my resume. Then they explained the job responsibilities and what type of person they are looking for.

Project Manager Interview

phone screening and in person interview with panel and individuals. mutiple rounds of interview took place. hiring was done after 1 month. long wait.

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

I applied for the position and didnt get a call for the interview until about a month later. In the first 30 minutes of the interview I was casually interviewed by the project manager, simple things like, where do you see your career going, tell me about a time you worked in a group, etc. The following 30 minutes I was given a tour of the working environment, met a few other employees. The last hour of my interview was spent talking pretty casually with 3 of whom my peers would be if hired. I was asked about my programming, schooling, and project background, and given some good pieces of advice about the company and learning new useful programming tools/techniques. There was never any technical interview, simply explained experiences and knowledge I already had. I was interviewed on a Wednesday and the following Monday got a call saying the program wanted to extend me an offer. As most of the other reviews say, LM focuses more on what kind of person you are because they can teach if you everything they need you to know on the job if they find you fit.

Interview Questions
    • As I had mentioned, they really didnt try and throw any curve balls. Mostly want to know what your background is and what type of personality you have.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

The interview process contained a phone call interview that lasted about 30 minutes and then they flew me out for an onsite interview which lasted about 4 hours. I first met with HR and went through the benefits and work schedule etc. Then I had a panel interview with many of the managers and peers with the departments I would be working for. There were a lot of open ended questions of what type of personalities I find hard to work with along with the normal "How are you motivated" type questions. Everyone was very professional and at the end of the interview they gave me ample time to ask questions back to them about the position. I was also given a tour of the facility when everything was completed.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. More personality questions rather than technical question.   Answer Question
    I declined their first offer and focused on what I thought I should be at in respects to salary. I knew they would not give me everything I wanted, but they raised the initial offer very easy without any real concern. I would always counter their first offer as they expect to negotiate.

Technical Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

I first learned of the position for which I have been hired in early May. I applied for it immediately but did not hear anything back for about a month (early June). This is when a recruiter emailed me and asked me to briefly answer about 10 questions (i.e. Why am I interested in this position?, Why am I leaving my current position?, What related experience do you have?, What salary do you expect?, etc.) A couple days later that same recruiter emailed me that the hiring manager wanted me to come in for an interview. They called a few days later and scheduled the interview for mid-June. The interview consisted of 4 employees and it took about 45 minutes. They asked me some open-ended questions that required quite a bit of explanation about related experiences. They also described the position I would be doing if hired. I felt that the interview went well but I didn't hear anything from them until 11 business days later. This is when they told me they would let me know what their decision would be in another 7-10 business days. I didn't hear from them until mid-July which was almost a month since the interview. HR had emailed me that they were starting the hiring process and that I needed to fill out a "Conflict of Interest" form since I have two family members who work with Lockheed. Three business days later, I received another email from HR that I had received an employment offer. I made a counter offer that same day and heard back from them the next day that they accepted it. HR encouraged me to not resign from my current job yet because they still had to go through security screening (drug testing, background check, credit check, employment verification, salary verification, and education verification) and that it should take 7-10 business days to complete. Near the end of July, I was told that all security screening had been complete, "welcome aboard", and told me that my first date on the job would be in early August.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have in curriculum development?   Answer Question
    They made an offer. Then, I negotiated a slightly higher salary than the one I initially said I expected because I had thought of some new expenses I would incur in accepting this position. I created an Excel spreadsheet that detailed my current base salary and future expenses with this new job. They got back to me about 24 hours later and said they accepted my counter offer.

Scientific Systems Analyst Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I started off with a phone interview asking more probing questions my resume. Then I was flown to Houston, TX the face to face interview. I flew in on a Friday and toured the work site, Johnson Space Center, and meet with the hiring management. On Saturday morning, I had three interviews, as I was being considered for three different positions. I then flew home Saturday afternoon. A couple of weeks later, I received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember specific questions, as it was 15+ years ago.   Answer Question