Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

2.7

Finance Department Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

I applied to the job through my university's career website. It was a listing for opportunities for a broad range of majors. About two weeks later I received an email from my school's career center saying I was accepted for an on-campus interview. The interview was pretty easy. He asked about short-term and long-term goals, why I wanted to work for Lockheed Martin, why I thought I would be a good fit for them, strengths (not weaknesses), and then also things about my resume, interests, geographical preferences, etc. No behavioral questions whatsoever. The interviewer was easy-going, really nice. He was impressed that I knew so much about the company (I did a lot of research beforehand). I did find out that this interview was not for a specific position but rather more of a talent scouting. I just interviewed yesterday so I have not heard anything back yet.

Logistics Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

I was first emailed by a recruiter asking if I would be interested in possibly interviewing for the position. The interview was about 6 weeks later and they were interviewing for multiple positions that day so there were a decent amount of people there. I did 3 rounds of interviews one after the other, and they all asked just about the same questions so that was pretty aggravating. As others have said, the responses needed to be in STAR format so if you're given an interview make sure you're familiar with that.

It took about 2 months after that to get the offer, which I accepted as soon as I got it. After that It was nothing but paperwork, and a ton of it. There's a background check and security check (most of their positions require security clearance, but some don't). The security check is what takes the longest; it took me a few hours just to do the paperwork for it. Once the background check was done I was given a start date, and I've loved every minute since!

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions made me think more than others, but they were all just about the same. They mostly asked about my prior work experience and things that I did in college.   Answer Question
    The offer was more than I was expecting so no I didn't try to negotiate.

Civil Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cape Canaveral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

My school has a College Work Experience program where you are technically hired by the school but you get work experience at lockheed martin. I applied before I realized that they didn't want Civil Engineering majors for the program but they kept my resume on file so when the space systems department needed a Civil engineering Intern, I got a call. They are a great company to work for but they don't hire a lot of Civil so those internships are pretty competitive there. My friend in Industrial Engineering, however, was hired right away.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions and some based off of your resume that are all read off of a sheet.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Invited to a hiring event for Lockheed Martin for a Systems Engineer Associate position. Interview was fairly straight forward, and had a great time as a tour was also given.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The interview process is a joke. If you can't pass the few technical questions you'll get from a non-technical manager, you should probably consider another career.

Interview Questions
    LM doesn't negotiate. If you try to negotiate, you're up against a faceless HR person on the phone, who is basically a company drone, and their favorite word is "no." The nice guy you met at the interview? He's now out of the picture. LM's position is always "take it or leave it."

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Handed my resume to a recruiter at school in November, got a phone call in February asking if I was interested in an internship and to set up a time to talk. Phone call was pretty laid back, asked about school projects, favorite/least favorite classes, and interests within the company. Got the feeling the call went well, formally applied for position after the call, never heard back though. Know a few others who had the same experience (friendly call/ on-campus informal interview, good feeling after, no call back).

Interview Questions
    • I didn't realize the 'informal talk' was actually an interview until towards the end of the call, so some of my responses weren't as thought-out as I'd like.   View Answer

Supplier Quality Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Hiring process seemed typical for industrial jobs nowadays. In-person panel interview with peers I would be working with. Basic situational questions. Some may catch you off-guard, so study up with examples online.

Interview Questions
    • Seems the worst question I see most people talk about - "Tell me of a time where you had a conflict with another employee/manager"   Answer Question
    I initially declined, but they came back with a better lump-sum up front.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Had absolutley nothing to do with the position. The hiring manager was horriable. Should have been a tell but it's Lockheed Martin, Right?a

None, Should heve been another tell but the range is 32k to 50k.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I had a a phone interview, after I applied online several weeks prior. After the phone interview I was given a face to face interview. They paid for all travel expenses and I stayed in a hotel relatively close to the company site, the face to face interviews consisted of 3 interviews with different hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the interview consisted of questions primarly tailored to the location of the site, career goals, and also prior work shown on resume.   Answer Question

Contract Negotiator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The interview and hiring process was cumbersome. A relocation was supposed to be negotiable and was not. Dont believe them when they knock the szlary down a few grand and say that you will grow in to it. Stick to your guns.

Interview Questions
    They dont negotiate. Almost like a tyrany.