Lockheed Martin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2010.

Interview Details – They had just won a contract and we anxious to hire people on. Interview was thorough, met with several people including two managers. Everyone was nice and polite and the process was very efficient and easy to follow. No real negatives here.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Trainer
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received call from recruiter. Phone interview then came in for face to face

Interview Question – Tall questions were clear and expected   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Principal Logistics Engineer Interview

Principal Logistics Engineer
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very slow, with multiple interviews.

Interview Question – Name the most challenging work situation and what you did to resolve it   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance Department Internship Interview

Finance Department Internship
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to the job through my university's career website. It was a listing for opportunities for a broad range of majors. About two weeks later I received an email from my school's career center saying I was accepted for an on-campus interview. The interview was pretty easy. He asked about short-term and long-term goals, why I wanted to work for Lockheed Martin, why I thought I would be a good fit for them, strengths (not weaknesses), and then also things about my resume, interests, geographical preferences, etc. No behavioral questions whatsoever. The interviewer was easy-going, really nice. He was impressed that I knew so much about the company (I did a lot of research beforehand). I did find out that this interview was not for a specific position but rather more of a talent scouting. I just interviewed yesterday so I have not heard anything back yet.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied as a flight testing intern online and was informed, about a month later, that I was selected for a phone based interview. They gave me the option of when the interview would take place, but they initially called at the wrong time due to time-zone confusion and then called back later at the appointed time. I was interviewed by the manager in charge of the operation and his lead flight test engineer.Questions were mostly directed toward getting more information about pieces of of my resume, but I listed some of the more general questions below. I had the interview a few minutes ago, so I don't know if i got the job yet. They said I would be notified in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your largest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
  • What did you specifically do in the _____ organization?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when there was conflict between multiple groups, and how did you go about resolving the matter.   Answer Question
  • Do you have any software or hardware troubleshooting experience?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any experience with Catia?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Moorestown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview and then an all day interview with probably six engineers, first met with HR and she went over benefits before interview started because relocation was offered if I got the job and it was a good deal. I was asked about my experience at another company doing similar work, explained what I did at the company and I had brought my reviews from my other company which were very good. They took me on a tour and explained a model ship in the lobby.

Interview Question – It was a very straight forward interview, nothing difficult I had the experience required and got the job.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online the end of October and wasn't called for an interview until the beginning of December. The first one is an initial screening done by the HR and if you pass you are given an on site interview which is covered by the company. On the day of the interview I was told that it was going to be very informal and meet with 6 of the team members. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time for 45 min. Each. The interview covered a lot of what the job entailed and I was asked questions to make sure I fit the part. Everyone was very nice and professional however I was disappointed with the way they handled the communication of the following steps. I was told I would be contacted within the next week. I was never contacted by the company and had to send the HR team a few emails for them to finally let me know that I would not be offered the job. I don't mind that I didn't get an offer but I didn't like not knowing for so long and then never even getting a formal rejection letter was also pretty disappointing especially because I really wanted to work for this company.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were based off of your resume and past experiences. Be sure to use the STAR format when answering questions and know your resume very well. Make sure to do your research about the company beforehand because they will ask you questions about it to see if you have done your homework.   Answer Question

College Student Technical Specialist Interview

College Student Technical Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – My first interview was on-campus, following our college career fair. This interview was pretty low-stress, with some basic behavioral questions and a discussion of my resume.

After this interview I was contacted via email for an on-site interview where I would be working. The invite included options for travel and hotel reimbursement, and was very specific in details. I had a brief email exchange with the recruiter that sent the invite, who was very prompt and answered all of my questions.

On the day of the interview I arrived at a conference room with a small breakfast buffet and prepared presentation. I was able to talk with some of the current interns before the recruiter made an informational presentation about Lockheed Martin's business practices and divisions. Then each of the applicants was sent for three rounds of interviews with different hiring managers, each interview taking about 15 minutes.

The questions seemed pretty ordinary, talking about strengths and weaknesses, different experiences (many from my resume), and my engineering methods. It felt like a good discussion, and I learned a great deal about the company's inner workings and management styles while presenting myself. The recruiters were definitely pleased to answer the questions that I had prepared. The people were friendly to talk to, all seemed to have conviction about the line of work they were in, and I was repeatedly reminded of how much the corporation values ethics.

After the interviews there remained some time for discussion, where I was able to talk more with the interns who worked there. They all had done meaningful work and seemed proud of what they accomplished.

On the whole, the interviewing experience was very professional and informative, and I was excited to work with the company as I left. I received an offer about a week later. Unfortunately, about two weeks before the semester was set to end I was contacted and told that funding had been cut for my program, and the company couldn't hire me for the internship. The recruiter that I was contacted by expressed a desire to honor the offer that had been made, and I was able to later secure an alternative position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed at something.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 11 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an in person interview.

Interview Question – A variety of analytical, behavioral, and business case questions.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied online and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – panel interview where the panel gave good information about the position, the hiring process was typical corporate breakdown, recruiter was never available for questions that were time sensitive and had an impact on things like relocation, caused a lot of mishaps

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The recruiter made an offer and was not available any time after, successfully blocked any opportunity to negotiate.