Lockheed Martin Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014
Updated Jun 16, 2014
7 interviews

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Apply and the process took almost over a month to hear back and then you have an interview either face to face or over the phone where three executive interview with different question relating to the position, behavioral, and your experience in school

Interview Questions
  • Explain how you will convince your boss that a business deal of 5 million dollars will not work even if your boss really want to go about this business deal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Applied online, and was asked to come in for an in person interview. Had to fill out multiple forms online prior to coming in. The interview itself took about an hour. Interviewer mainly asked behavioral questions (why you want to be here, etc.) They background check the candidates after interviewing. Heard back 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a bunch of questions in the format of "name a time when..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2014.

Early Career Development Program (ECDP)

Applied online. Began with an initial one on one screening on campus.

A month later was contacted to travel to an on-site interview in New Jersey. There was a group of around 15 candidates all from different universities. The candidates were all interviewing for the program but for different locations (New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, etc;) There was a dinner reception and presentation the night before the interviews at the hotel. This was an opportunity to socialize with other candidates, current program members, program manager, and hiring managers.

On the day of the interview we were given a tour of one of the facilities in New Jersey. Had two back to back 1 on 1 interviews. Was given the option of staying longer and taking another interview but I was not interested in working in the location of the third interviewer (hiring managers for different jobs/locations).

Was given presentations on the ECDP and FLDP on both days.

Was contacted within a week of the on-site interview with an offer

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about a time when you had to sell something to someone and how did you manage the customers expectations while keeping them happy (I thought this was an unexpected type of question for a finance interview)   View Answer
    They use formulas to come up with your salary (industry, work experience, gpa, university). If you are given an offer from another company in the same industry and you show it to them they will bump the salary. Otherwise you probably cannot negotiate it up unless you feel you are not getting enough because of an unfair factor (low gpa?) This is all to my understanding. They do offer relocation money.

Multi-functional Financial Analyst Interview

Standard behavioral questions are required by the company. Interviewers can choose from a question bank.

Interview Questions
    • Final question: Write an essay on why you are a good fit for the job.   Answer Question
    Yes. Negotiated salary up by 5K through local HR rep.

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

There was a dinner event the night before. You get to ask questions about Lockheed Martin/finance division and they are observing you at the same time. Also there were hiring managers that you will be interviewing with the next day. It is a chance to make a positive first impression and in a way it is a pre-interview before the main interview. You also get to sign up for interviews for different positions. The next day was a full day event with getting a tour of a facility and listening to presentations about the ECDP and FLDP program. Then you have interviews with the hiring managers for several different positions within the company. They ask questions from a list and write your answers down. The questions throughout the interviews were all behavioral.Overall it was a good experience but a bit disorganized since they gave the schedule at the last minute . Also I didn't receive any email whether I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when the outcome was unfavorable?, What are the processes you have improved?   Answer Question

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2011.

Went from an intern to a salaried employee. Started me at the same base salary as a low performer and a mid-level performer even though I graduated first in my class. HR is horrible.

My intern interview was a lot more difficult. It was a panel interview and there were more candidates.

Interview Questions
    • N/A - already had the job. The most difficult question was whether I would accept based on the miniscule salary they offered.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was told everyone started at the same base salary, which is ridiculous.

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2009.

Easy behavioral questions that can be master with only a little practice. They care more that you are engaging and can hold a conversation. Try to anticipate what the next questions might be and answer it in the current answer you are giving. Make sure to have previous experiences that relate to the job you are interviewing for to talk about The employees are very friendly but HR can be extremely frustrating

Interview Questions
    • Please explain any previous experience you can in federal acquisitions.   Answer Question

Get a better offer somewhere else

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!