Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

2.7

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

standard interview. All tell me about a time when.... One phone interview with HR then a quick call with someone from the business. Bring you in for a 'super day' interview with multiple people answer the same thing over and over. Have multiple examples to illustrate same thing.

Interview Questions
    • none. Easy interview compared with consulting companies.   Answer Question
    Get all the money you can up front. Do not be afraid because this is the only time to get ahead working there.

OLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview process was fairly straight forward and involved questions focusing on my previous experience, classes I took in college and how I worked on teams. The process was well organized and I got to meet and talk with multiple managers during the process.

Interview Questions
    They did not negotiate at all, only with competing offers.

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2014.

Apply and the process took almost over a month to hear back and then you have an interview either face to face or over the phone where three executive interview with different question relating to the position, behavioral, and your experience in school

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you will convince your boss that a business deal of 5 million dollars will not work even if your boss really want to go about this business deal.   Answer Question

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2014.

Never actually applied for this position; had applied for a similar position, and a month later received a pre-screen interview over the phone for this position much to my surprise. Pre-screening was a little awkward since it was unexpected. Received & accepted an invite to interview in person.

Interview Questions
    • The email invite for the interview implied only the hiring manager would be there; in reality, it was the hiring manager, plus two additional managers.I thought the in-person interview had gone really well, and the interviewers had commented that they like my thought process. It lasted exactly 1 hour. There were no difficult questions; they were all behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Software Configuration Analyst Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2014.

Hiring process was a breeze, I had two interviews and I had enough experience that they did not ask me any technical questions. And also there was no need for technical questions as my particular role does not require writing code or doing really technical stuff.

I always read to try to negotiate, and tried at my previous job, but it did not work for me. Maybe I am just a bad negotiator.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The interview process is a joke. If you can't pass the few technical questions you'll get from a non-technical manager, you should probably consider another career.

Interview Questions
    LM doesn't negotiate. If you try to negotiate, you're up against a faceless HR person on the phone, who is basically a company drone, and their favorite word is "no." The nice guy you met at the interview? He's now out of the picture. LM's position is always "take it or leave it."

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Typical, not real detailed. More to find out if you'll "fit in".

Interview Questions
    • There were no suprises at all, very straight forward and looking for buzz words.   Answer Question
    Easy, they made an offer, I said this is what I want, they said ok.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

I applied for a non-technical analyst related position at Lockheed in mid November. After 3 or 4 weeks I received a call from Lockheed HR stating that they wanted to set up a time to interview me. The interview was a typical 3 person panel interview asking behavioral questions and I made sure to answer using the STAR method (If you don't know the STAR method Google it). Most of the questions were related to how well you work in groups so I talked mainly about my group projects I did for class and related them to the questions asked. The interview seemed to go well and I made sure that I contacted my HR rep about once a week or so. About 3 weeks after my interview I was extended the offer for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult, just typical behavioral questions requiring answers using the STAR method.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as I am right out of college. They did offer a nice relocation package however.

Systems Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

First it was a really basic phone screening. Then a two days interview at the facilities at Orlando, FL. The first day it was directly from the airport to LM facilities (so be ready with your nice attire) for a presentation about the program and about the company to all students (a group of about 35), then to the hotel, and then a diner with the hiring managers (3 managers and 3 students per table). Second day an icebreaker (teams of 4 students to solve a challenge), then a facility tour, then presentations from integrands of the program, and finally a panel interview. The interview was a regular panel interview with 4 managers/HR, one made a question, then the other manager made a question, then the other, and again in a circle of questions. It was a bit disappointing on the way the questions was delivered, they was just reading the question, I was expecting a conversation like interview, not a question/answer robotic way. After all we had a regular group diner and then they let us free to “have fun” on the area. Next morning to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • All was behavioral question: Tell me about a time when you…   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2013.

Here's how it worked for me....I had a Lockheed Martin employee friend that put me in contact with the hiring manager that was hiring for an opening I saw in the company website. I called the manager to confirm he had received my resume, because I had posted it several weeks prior on the company career portal. The manager said he had not received my resume, but HR reviews and filters the resumes on general criteria so he should be getting it soon if I was a solid candidate. Being that this was an experienced position, I didn't want to leave a proper review of my resume to chance so I emailed it directly to the hiring manager. Even if had not done this, I was pretty sure my resume would find its way because my experiences (and the way I described my experience in my resume) was an absolute dead on fit for the position as described on the company website, but I figured it wouldn't hurt if I sent it to the manager directly.

Anyway...a couple more weeks went by so I dug up an general number (guard post) for the work location on the company website and was able to get the local HR contact info from that call. I called local HR and they confirmed my resume was received and was being reviewed. I got a call a few days later to schedule an interview. There were 3 interview dates to choose from. It's probably worth noting I had a pretty decent cover letter along with my resume that demonstrated I had done some research on the position, the organization, and how my experiences would relate and how I could contribute immediately.

The interview was panel style done in a conference room. There was probably about 20 minutes of intro chit chat and familiarization type conversation to break the ice. Then, four people interviewed me taking turns asking scripted questions that they said all candidates were asked for the sake of consistency. It was formal in that sense but also fairly laid back. They asked about 10 situational/behavioral questions and 10 technical job specific questions. The job specific stuff came almost word for word straight off the job posting, so they weren't difficult to respond to. The behavioral ones were also pretty easy and were like...tell me about a time you work unsupervised...tell me about a time you are proudest when you contributed to a team....tell me about when you had to deal with a difficult person.... The interview lasted exactly 1 1/2 hours.

When I was done I felt like it went pretty well with the exception of maybe one guy I didn't feel like I impressed or answered his question well. I sent thank you notes via email the next day and followed up with hard copy notes. A couple of weeks went by with no word so I called the hiring manager and left a vmail. He called back the next day and said the interview went well and I should be contacted by HR soon. The next day HR called and gave me the offer over the phone and said I would be getting an email with the details.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the toughest are the behavioral questions. They really aren't that hard but I felt like I could have been more polished on the delivery of my response. So just be prepared and even practice answering them out loud to yourself.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate the salary but it was firm and they didn't budge. They gave me 1 week to respond to the offer, and I requested an additional week to consider it and this additional time was granted. All negotiation was done with HR and I did it via email. I accepted the position. By all means, please negotiate. I spoke with several people that wished the would have so I gave it a try and lost nothing by doing so.