Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.5

Engineering LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

First went through a phone screen by hiring manager and then by HR, basic questions about myself and my background. Invited to an onsite interview. Onsite interview, 2 Day Event - Day 1: Dinner at Local Hotel; Attended by HR reps, current ELDP participants, hiring managers and those interviewing; general presentation given on company; casual conversation between all; interview schedule provided for following day. Day 2: All those interviewing were in conference room; breakfast and lunch provided; intermittent presentations; some had one one interview while others have multiple; most interviews were 1 on 1 or 2 on 1; after all interviews you are asked to rank the jobs you were interviewed for; after lunch group was taken on a tour of some key facilities.

Interview Questions

• STAR based interview questions; no technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is based on a set matrix depending on your resume and background. Only negotion was in the case of a competing offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Simple process, they asked for more details about each job I mentioned on my resume. What technical skills did I use at each position, and what challenges did I overcome at each? Wasn't much time for me to ask anything in return, they were very busy that day with other interviews and with meetings.

Interview Questions

• Can I talk about some of the OOP I have done? What programming environments have I worked in and what are my preferences? They didn't seem too interested in my scientific/mathematical abilities, just how much programming do I do everyday. Sounded like there was very little opportunity for advancement or experience mentoring other junior programmers, despite this having "senior" in the job title.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the interested department and one of his lead software engineers. The interview was very conversational and personality based, only a few formal questions were asked. Very little technical information was requested or tested. Both interviewers were highly personable and friendly, relatively relaxed atmosphere. Although I did not receive an offer, I would say this interview was worth the experience alone.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired today, how would you prepare for your first day of work?   Answer Question

Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

Interview process was structured and well run. Besides the basic resume review, there were questions related to the role; I was asked to provide examples of execution during the onsite phase.

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

Applied online via their website. I was contacted about 2 weeks later from a hiring manager for about a fifteen minute phone screen. I was notified on the phone that they were going to bring me in for an in person interview. I was contacted by HR confirming the interview time, and filled out an application to interview. Lockheed Martin does offer to pay for interview travel expenses if you are far enough from the facility (any more than a 45 minute drive or so should be paid for by the company). The interview was fairly standard, I met with a couple managers and an HR representative. Standard questions, mainly involving past experiences, and several questions highlighting leadership experiences. There were no technical questions per se, but there were high level questions about systems and MATLAB usage. It took about a month to hear back, but I was informed that I did not get the position. Lockheed was very professional throughout the process and were very respectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when, in a leadership position, someone was having trouble meeting deadlines and what you did to accomplish the task.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

When I got to the interview I walked into a room with at least 20 other potential interest. I interviewed with two managers. They reviewed my resume with me and asked basic questions to get to know me. One of my interview questions was ..."Tell me about your last job and how you showed leadership?" Another was.... What are your strengths and weakness? And why? I spoke with them for no more than 30 minutes! Than there was lunch and a tour.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Mass applied to many positions online. Received request for interview several months later after it seems a recruiter came across my resume. Strangely, I was asked to do a security pre-screen before the actual interview. A few days later, I got an onsite interview. I met with two groups that were interested in me. The interview with the first group was great and the recruiter, or whoever set up the interview, did a really good job matching my technical interests and personality type to the group technical lead and the project. After a solid 45 minute interview in which we mostly geeked out about mathematical projects or object oriented programming, we shook hands and proceeded about our ways. The interview was fairly informal without a lot of the typical interview questions. The hiring manager was very interested and involved in the process and followed up with me several times following the interview concerning how I thought it went and how my interview compared with the group after me. They really seemed quite enthusiastic about Lockheed and the project and that enthusiasm was infectious. Three business days later I received a formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are you working on in grad school now? If you were hired, what would you do between now and your first day? What attracted you most to this position?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews on the same day. Interviews aren't difficult if you have the merits to back your statements. However, for top secret clearance the government took about 9 months to give clearance. I would recommend not going for a top secret position if you need a job in the near future.

Interview Questions

• A problem with (blank system) has occurred, how do you Handel it?   Answer Question
    • What was your most rewarding engineering moment?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Mount Laurel, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

They came out to our school's job fair and then to our Association for Computing machinery or ACM presentation where after a quick interview scheduled us for an interview. I applied for most of the software engineer positions. They called back within a couple days. Interviewed at their location. They paid for the trip and hotel.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were straight forward. Even though they said to expect mostly behavioral based interview questions, it wasn't even that it was more about going through my resume and seeing what my strengths and experiences were in and how they can translate into what they are doing.   Answer Question

Multi-functional Financial Assc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Mount Laurel, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

It is a long process with not much communication from the organization.I interviewed in November with the organization. I felt really good about the organization despite my awful interactions with them at career fairs and school events. I got the feeling, this company does not care about people. I want to say they are just as evil as IBM but I am not sure how to stick it. I was told I would hear back within two weeks. 3 and half weeks later minus holiday which means I waited four weeks I got a crappy denial letter. I told HR I had prior deadline 3 times. I needed to know weeks before then but never heard back at all. This company morale is very low and I do not think many of their employees are very happy. They look at this job as a paycheck ... they have even complained about their contracts with the government which angered me because you are a defense company with engineering and such yet you talk crap about the people paying your salaries. If you are a kind person who wants a job full of meaning and people that care what they do, stay away from this company and look elsewhere.