Lockheed Martin Proposal Analyst Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Proposal Analyst Interview

Got a phone call and did an informal interview then and there. Basic behavioral questions. Got an on-site interview with two employees that lasted about an hour. Not a lot of hard questions but no easy ones either.

Interview Questions
  • They really drill down for your answers on team dynamics so be prepared to discuss them at length   Answer Question

The offer was great and I think Lockheed is a great company. I had another offer that was slightly better and it was a VERY tough decision

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Applied Online, referred by employee, on site interview with manager and two members of his team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2011.

The interview was easy. We talked over the phone, me and a manager, a lead, and a senior employee in the group. The questions asked and the answers given didn't seem to matter. I didn't really want the job that badly...it certainly was not my first choice, so I barely tried. I know I didn't say or do anything stellar, but they still offered me the job. I still am not sure why they made me an offer...? I think I just had the right background within the company. I had held a couple related job roles. They also didn't try hard to "sell" me on the position, saying things like, "This isn't a superstar type of position. This is something people do for a little while before moving on to something else."

I didn't get anything extra out of them salary-wise, and I did my research and made a strong case. However, I did turn down relocation package and ask for cash instead. I got $5,000. This was worth it for me b/c I was not actually selling my home, and only "moving" a few hours away where I would rent a room during the work week.

FYI, for internal employees or people who know someone who works at this company, take the salary range given. Find the midpoint [=(low number + high number)/2], then multiply it by either .8 or .85 (as in 80% or 85% of the midpoint. If you are in the range experience wise of the number of years experience they are looking for, then this formula will give you a pretty good idea of what they might offer you. If you are moving to a higher or lower cost of living, factor that in accordingly (eg. 11% higher cost of living should be 11% higher income than calculated in the previous equation).

OR, you might get 115% of your current salary. They will shoot for whichever is lower, so you need to shoot for whichever is higher. They wouldn't take money away from you if you were making more then the position range. However, come promotion time, you would be "topped out" and not get a raise probably.

It is difficult to negotiate with a big corporation. managers don't have the same power as, say, a privately owned company, company owner would, obviously.

Proposal Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2007.

It was great. Basically described what i was going to be doing. I got hired once I graduated.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Interview Questions

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!