Lockheed Martin

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2009.

Interview Details – One interview. Talked to four people, one on one and two on one. Included tech out.

Interview Question – All questions were expected. Tech out and general business knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

Interview Details – Onsite Interview

Interview Question – Code the solution for the Tower of Hanoi   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate and ask for more than normal rates

Interviewed at Lockheed Martin

Interview Details – It was rather lax. Manager only had limited knowledge of the technologies used on his project.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The interview process is a joke.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. Here's the offer: take it or leave it.

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process is lighter than you would find at top high tech firms in the silicon valley. Expect a phone screening and then a day long in person interview where you will be ask to demonstrate coding ability.

Interview Question – They may ask you some physics questions if applying for a job in satellite operations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a high salary

Marietta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2008.

Interview Details – They just parade you into the office and ask if you are interested in the job. Interviews at Lockheed are not technical oriented, or at least I haven't experienced one that is. They just ask some questions about your resume and then sell you on working for them.

Interview Question – What have you done with C++ or ADA?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, they offer you a max range % based on the level you are and HR will only allow up to a certain amount.

Herndon, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2011.

Interview Details – I've had several interviews within Lockheed Martin. None of them were the same. It really depends on the team, and how they chose to conduct their interviews. For example, my first interview with Lockheed was really easy-going. I went in really relaxed, got the typical interview questions (e.g., why are you looking to leave your current company, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.). I was only interviewed by one person, who was the Deputy Program Manager at the time. It was a small project and team. The second interview I had a few years later was a larger program. I was again interviewed by one person, same types of questions. This time it was the team lead that interviewed me. The interviewer was really looking for a baseline level of competencies, some strengths and a willingness to try and learn new things. Without boring you with all the interviews I've been on since joining (programs come to an end, mobility within the company), I'll share with you the worst. It was a tag team interview. The team was very bright and the work was equally interesting. I had a phone screen first, and shared with them my knowledge and weaknesses. I was then invited to an in-person interview. Every question they asked had nothing to do with anything on my resume, and they were questions that could have been asked on the phone thereby avoiding a waste of everyone's time. So, it really just depends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Don't EVER accept a Lockheed position without negotiating. Lockheed will bring you in for as low as possible. Even if you have a skill or other creds that is hard to come by. Be prepared to defend your reasons for wanting what your asking for. Also be prepared to turn down the position. It could be that you are simply too high for the position you are looking to fill.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2008.

Interview Details – 23 minute phone interview, where they asked about my background, and whether I had certain skills. Never visited the facility before I took the offer. The described the organization of the project, but it was so complicated without at a minimum a drawing very hard to visualize. After starting I became aware that they had so much attrition that they were backfilling at an incredible rate and taking pretty much anyone who applied. I have talked with the other fresh hires and they hired many people outside of their skillsets.

Interview Question – Have you worked with Rational Rose RT?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not need to negotiate for much they provided full relocation, and a nice raise. I tried to get a sign on bonus and was unable to swing that, but did get agreement on a raise the next year, when most companies would require you wait for the following year.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Question – Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2008.

Interview Details – A career counselor hooked me up with a job possibility at Lockheed and they requested a phone interview. It consisted of my programming experience and other not too terribly difficult questions with the manager and two other technical people. The results were positive and they then they flew me out and I interviewed with the manager in person. That was pretty easy and we discussed more about the program.

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2007.

Interview Details – I initially applied online and was contacted via email for an interview. Directions to the facility and various forms to fill out were sent in the mail to me. The interview consisted of three separate behavioural-based interviews with various managers within the company. I was also given lunch and a tour of the facility.

Interview Question – What is your definition of ethics?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.