Lockheed Martin Interview Questions & Reviews in San Jose, CA

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Optical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Was contacted in late march and flown out to Palo Alto. The interview went well and the HR staff were very helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2013.

I applied online the end of October and wasn't called for an interview until the beginning of December. The first one is an initial screening done by the HR and if you pass you are given an on site interview which is covered by the company. On the day of the interview I was told that it was going to be very informal and meet with 6 of the team members. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time for 45 min. Each. The interview covered a lot of what the job entailed and I was asked questions to make sure I fit the part. Everyone was very nice and professional however I was disappointed with the way they handled the communication of the following steps. I was told I would be contacted within the next week. I was never contacted by the company and had to send the HR team a few emails for them to finally let me know that I would not be offered the job. I don't mind that I didn't get an offer but I didn't like not knowing for so long and then never even getting a formal rejection letter was also pretty disappointing especially because I really wanted to work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were based off of your resume and past experiences. Be sure to use the STAR format when answering questions and know your resume very well. Make sure to do your research about the company beforehand because they will ask you questions about it to see if you have done your homework.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2013.

Applied online for the position after reading the description on the company website. About 3 weeks later I received a call asking to schedule a phone interview. I interviewed on the phone with one person, who would be my manager. After discussing the requisition in more detail, she went through my resume asking questions about my different projects, what challenges I faced, etc. Other questions were fairly common and expected - none technical or remarkably difficult. After the phone interview, I followed up with a thank you, then followed up again asking where I stood in the process, and received no message in return. From there I assumed I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions
    • The most interesting question I was posed was whether or not I would feel comfortable voicing my opinions in a group of people with far more experience than I. It came after discussing that the company as a whole is trying to bring new ideas to the table to improve processes.   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2013.

I applied at a university job fair. Had a short informal interview/meeting with the recruiters the next day. Then was contacted a month later for an interview on site in California with the space systems company.

Interview Questions
    • I spoke with many other candidates before and after the interviews. Some were asked some very difficult technical questions, such as transforming a transfer function from the frequency to time domain, but most weren't really asked anything. My own interview was so uninvolved that I was sure I was not going to receive an offer. But, I got the offer-- very strange.   Answer Question

The pay offered was very low and non negotiable. $67,000 in Sunnyvale California. They want graduating engineer students from the top of their class at half of what these new engineers can get elsewhere.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2012.

Was contacted for a "hiring event" via email - I was in NY and the interview was in CA -they paid airfare, food, and hotel during the process - although it was very rushed. Interviewed with two different managers who both asked identical questions and advice was given to come up with slightly different answers for each person so that you were not telling the same story twice (i.e. the interviewers then have more to talk to each other about). Was contacted about two weeks later with an offer, accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember any specific question but it was odd to me that both interviewers asked identical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2012.

First I went to the job fair on campus. There I was selected for an on-campus interview with an engineer (who might be seeking for an intern). The main purpose of this interview to determine if I was a good fit for the company culture. If you do well, then supposedly you get some sort of flag on your online LM account. After that they refer you to apply online for the positions you like. If you do well on the on-campus interview than supposedly you will "stand out" or have higher chance to get a call from HR. But that was not the case for me. The person interviewing me during my on-campus interview liked me and asked me if I would be interested in a specific position. I contacted the person later and got the interview.

Interview was on LM site. It was with 3-4 people and a senior manager of the department I was applying to. I had two interviews that day. First one was a panel interview and the second one was with the senior manager. First interview was mainly get-to-know-you kind of interview but I was asked some technical questions and about my previous experience.

Two weeks after the interview I was offered the position and after that I did the necessary paperwork and drug test. Hiring process was simple for me but my fellow interns, who were from out of California, complained about HR not being fast for the relocation process.

Interview Questions
    • I was initially told that there would be no technical questions but I was asked several technical questions related to my previous work experience. There was not anything specifically difficult.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for interns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Was contacted by phone to fly out to Lockheed Martin for an interview. Very laid back interview process. For me, it was two thirty minute interviews that were behavioral. They will review your resume and ask questions from it as well as your standard behavioral questions. Study your answers beforehand and make a good impression with the recruiters.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2009.

My interview was for a Systems Engineering postion. No technical questions were asked. All questions were behavioral in nature. The interview for those coming in at a salary grade 2 will generally be based on whether or not you will be a good cultural fit to the company.

Administrative Assistant, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2009.

Worked as a contractor for 6mo. appliled online and landed an interview. The contract work helped. The managers I supported were great and offered raving referrals. My previous experience was key.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2013.

The interview took 4 hours. I was asked to give a technical presentation to a group of staff members. They asked several questions during and after the presentation. Following my presentation, there were 5 individual interviews with other staff members. They interviewed 3 other candidates later that week, and I received a phone call the following week that I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my proposal writing skills and how I would manage incorrect information in group and individual settings. All other questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question
    The recruiter called me and asked me what salary I wanted. I gave them a number, based off of similar positions in the area. Then I explained I had a competing offer. They offered me 11k more than I asked, so I was quite happy.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!