Lockheed Martin

2.7

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

College Student Tech Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2014.

I was referred through the dean of my school and got interviewed for 3 internship positions. All of the three interviewers all had a standard set of questions they chose from along the lines of "tell me about a time when you.... made a mistake, didn't get along with a coworker, had foresight to a problem, challenges you faced, etc." Some of the questions were repeated across interviewers, and some of the interviewers asked more technical questions based on my background. Overall, the facilities are not as nice as a tech company, but the products they are working with are pretty cool.

Interview Questions
    • "tell me about a time when you.... made a mistake, didn't get along with a coworker, had foresight to a problem, challenges you faced, etc."   View Answer
    No negotiations for interns, but pay was more than I had expected for an intern.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2014.

Applied online, got a call about a week later about an interview. Went in for the interview and was interviewed by two people. Asked general questions, nothing specific to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a team member was slacking off. What did you do about it and what was the results.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2014.

Submitted application online through LinkedIn. Gave me a call back about a week later to schedule a meeting. The interviewers made it seem like they wanted someone who would mostly work well in their group and basic knowledge. Asked questions of how I could help them and general life questions, nothing specific about the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical or trick questions.   View Answer

Optical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Was contacted in late march and flown out to Palo Alto. The interview went well and the HR staff were very helpful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

First I filled out several online applications on the Lockheed Martin website. Several weeks later I received an email selecting that I had been selected for several interviews in Sunnyvale, CA. I then received phone calls to assist me with creating travel plans that Lockheed would completely pay for. Finally I spent a day in San Jose at a hotel they paid for with a rental car they paid for and all my meals either paid for or reimbursed. The interviews were at Lockheed Martin's facilities and I had two interviews that spanned across a two hour span. The first was a 1 on 1 behavioral interview that was very relaxed and simple. The next interview was a 2 on 1 behavioral interview from two different managers. This second interview was very weird as they asked questions about things that they were interested in but I was worried that my answers to one manager's questions would hurt my chances at the chances the other manager would choose me to fill the full-time position. During both interviews no technical questions were asked. I was called two days later telling me that I was not being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was that no technical questions were asked at all. The interviews were completely behavioral.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2014.

I applied online and received a call back from the recruiter in December to schedule an onsite. I was flown out to Sunnyvale and interviewed with two different managers for two projects. The interview was very standard and fairly straight forward. Nothing technical, they asked about my previous project and engineering experiences.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions while I was there. Basic behavioral questions. Very conversation like.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2013.

I applied online the end of October and wasn't called for an interview until the beginning of December. The first one is an initial screening done by the HR and if you pass you are given an on site interview which is covered by the company. On the day of the interview I was told that it was going to be very informal and meet with 6 of the team members. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time for 45 min. Each. The interview covered a lot of what the job entailed and I was asked questions to make sure I fit the part. Everyone was very nice and professional however I was disappointed with the way they handled the communication of the following steps. I was told I would be contacted within the next week. I was never contacted by the company and had to send the HR team a few emails for them to finally let me know that I would not be offered the job. I don't mind that I didn't get an offer but I didn't like not knowing for so long and then never even getting a formal rejection letter was also pretty disappointing especially because I really wanted to work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were based off of your resume and past experiences. Be sure to use the STAR format when answering questions and know your resume very well. Make sure to do your research about the company beforehand because they will ask you questions about it to see if you have done your homework.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Was contacted by phone to fly out to Lockheed Martin for an interview. Very laid back interview process. For me, it was two thirty minute interviews that were behavioral. They will review your resume and ask questions from it as well as your standard behavioral questions. Study your answers beforehand and make a good impression with the recruiters.

No negotiation

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2013.

I applied at a university job fair. Had a short informal interview/meeting with the recruiters the next day. Then was contacted a month later for an interview on site in California with the space systems company.

Interview Questions
    • I spoke with many other candidates before and after the interviews. Some were asked some very difficult technical questions, such as transforming a transfer function from the frequency to time domain, but most weren't really asked anything. My own interview was so uninvolved that I was sure I was not going to receive an offer. But, I got the offer-- very strange.   Answer Question

The pay offered was very low and non negotiable. $67,000 in Sunnyvale California. They want graduating engineer students from the top of their class at half of what these new engineers can get elsewhere.

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2013.

Applied online for the position after reading the description on the company website. About 3 weeks later I received a call asking to schedule a phone interview. I interviewed on the phone with one person, who would be my manager. After discussing the requisition in more detail, she went through my resume asking questions about my different projects, what challenges I faced, etc. Other questions were fairly common and expected - none technical or remarkably difficult. After the phone interview, I followed up with a thank you, then followed up again asking where I stood in the process, and received no message in return. From there I assumed I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions
    • The most interesting question I was posed was whether or not I would feel comfortable voicing my opinions in a group of people with far more experience than I. It came after discussing that the company as a whole is trying to bring new ideas to the table to improve processes.   View Answer