Lockheed Martin Satellite Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2012.

I was referred by another employee. As verified by the hiring manager who interviewed me, it's unlikely that my resume would have even been looked at had I not had a referral (apparently they sit in an electronic purgatory until someone requests your specific name to be pulled out - i.e. referred). Although I think this system is unfair overall, it finally worked out for me. The lady who interviewed me was very nice. She was quite the talker herself. She would ask a question or two, I would answer, and then we would discuss things. She talked quite a bit about the job and the company (with a number of tangents). The interview wound up being about 2 hours long, although only about 30-45 minutes was actual "interview" time. The rest was discussions about me, the company, benefits, etc. She and I had a lot in common. I tried to cue into these items and casually talk about them in order to increase the repertoire. Although slow, this made the interview a relaxed atmosphere with a decent repertoire established. I wasn't given immediate feedback, however, a few weeks later I was told that she put in a "request to hire" immediately after the interview (despite being told that it was actually corporate headquarters' final decision.) They made an official offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were overly difficult. There were a few basic behavioral ones and minor clarification about my background. The interviewer led the questions a bit (which I didn't expect, but this did make things even easier). I didn't feel that the questions gave a complete picture of my experience and me, so I wound up adding a lot to the interview by leading my own inputs and drawing from the discussion to mention more about myself. She seemed to like this, however, it did draw out the interview process a lot longer than I would have prefered. I didn't have a resume that matched the KSA's exactly, however, I did have a strong referral, and I did my best to clarify my experience and attributes that would translate well. Despite being "entry level" in experience (despite years in a slightly differrent field), I was given a position as a level-2 employee (still entry-level, but considered a big jump up from brand-new.) I think this is fair, as I'm essentially changing career fields and don't have a lot of experience in the new one.   Answer Question
I gave them a minimum and desired salary and related it to my former GS-level equivalent pay. Over the next few weeks, they talked about cutting it down below the minimum. I mentioned (truthfully) that I was also considering other favorable offers with the associated dollar amounts. The hiring manager fought to get me the higher pay, and eventually they offered me the additional amount to put the salary right about in the middle of my minimum-to-desired range. I'm wondering if I should have continued negotiating for more, however, I didn't want to give them an excuse to pull the offer and give it to someone else (it's a competitive job spot that rarely goes to outsiders).

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2009.

Contacted by phone to set up in person interview. Met with panel of four (hiring manager plus three technical leads). Was asked standard work history and habits questions at first, followed by several generic technical questions involving interpretation of system diagrams. Interviewees were friendly and professional and later became a great support after I started.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you failed at a task and what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    Negotiated an additional 5%, but took an additional two weeks. However, well worth it as total raises for next three years were only 4.5%.

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2010.

phone me at work, conducting interview in a private area

Interview Questions

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!