Lockheed Martin Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Simple process, they asked for more details about each job I mentioned on my resume. What technical skills did I use at each position, and what challenges did I overcome at each? Wasn't much time for me to ask anything in return, they were very busy that day with other interviews and with meetings.

Interview Questions

• Can I talk about some of the OOP I have done? What programming environments have I worked in and what are my preferences? They didn't seem too interested in my scientific/mathematical abilities, just how much programming do I do everyday. Sounded like there was very little opportunity for advancement or experience mentoring other junior programmers, despite this having "senior" in the job title.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Software Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviews are more focused on how to deal with difficult customers and a general appraisal of skill set rather than specific questions about code or systems knowledge. Managers also try to get a feel of whether you fit into their local culture well, than if you know what circumstances require a binary sort vs. a bubble sort.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a user who tells you that they hate the product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Was invited for an in-person interview in Fort Worth. Interviewed for about an hour, at the end of which, I was told that the job would be given to an internal candidate. I was invited to another onsite interview, for a different (management) position - but - incredibly - they also forwarded me the interview invite/schedule for one of their internal candidates. I declined the invite to interview.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was working on a different project with Lockheed when I applied to this position. It was a panel interview consist of the hiring manager, project lead, and one of the developers on the team. They started off with an introduction to the project and a brief overview of the contract and the development work that needs to be done. The interview covered all the experiences on my resume and my comfort level with all the skills that I have listed. There were some technical questions mixed in but the overall interview questions were fairly straightforward.

Software Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

The first step in the interview process was a 30 min Screening Interview, with very basic questions about personality and goals. The second step was a different day with a 30 min Technical Interview with very basic programming questions over the phone. The final interview step was a one hour in person interview with staff and management.

Interview Questions

• What is the best skill you can bring to our team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated relocation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Edison, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Initially they will conduct a telephonic round, after that have a skype call and if required in-person interview will be scheduled. Starts from basic questions and then will drill you down deeper. initially they asked me about asp.net then asp.net mvc and sql server.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Onsite Interview

Interview Questions

• Code the solution for the Tower of Hanoi   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate and ask for more than normal rates

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was rather lax. Manager only had limited knowledge of the technologies used on his project.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The interview process is a joke.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Here's the offer: take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

I've had several interviews within Lockheed Martin. None of them were the same. It really depends on the team, and how they chose to conduct their interviews. For example, my first interview with Lockheed was really easy-going. I went in really relaxed, got the typical interview questions (e.g., why are you looking to leave your current company, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.). I was only interviewed by one person, who was the Deputy Program Manager at the time. It was a small project and team. The second interview I had a few years later was a larger program. I was again interviewed by one person, same types of questions. This time it was the team lead that interviewed me. The interviewer was really looking for a baseline level of competencies, some strengths and a willingness to try and learn new things. Without boring you with all the interviews I've been on since joining (programs come to an end, mobility within the company), I'll share with you the worst. It was a tag team interview. The team was very bright and the work was equally interesting. I had a phone screen first, and shared with them my knowledge and weaknesses. I was then invited to an in-person interview. Every question they asked had nothing to do with anything on my resume, and they were questions that could have been asked on the phone thereby avoiding a waste of everyone's time. So, it really just depends.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected -have you ever written a device driver?   1 Answer
    • Difficult -what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't EVER accept a Lockheed position without negotiating. Lockheed will bring you in for as low as possible. Even if you have a skill or other creds that is hard to come by. Be prepared to defend your reasons for wanting what your asking for. Also be prepared to turn down the position. It could be that you are simply too high for the position you are looking to fill.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Eagan, MN) in February 2010.

Interview

Worked for them before, so already had history and knowledge of processes. Knowledge of project along with experience with hiring personnel. This was the third time at being hired by Lockheed.

Negotiation

Was offered more than asking.