Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Asc Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD
Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

I was contacted to travel to an interview day hosted near some of the sites around the D.C. area. I met with a few managers in 1 on 1 interviews representing various groups within the IS&GS division. The interviews were fairly laid back. We mostly talked about projects I had worked on in the past, and various programming experience that I had. It wasn't terribly technical and overall was a pretty pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
  • Some standard behavioral questions, then just talked about projects I had worked on and programming languages.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2015.

Applied online through LM website and three weeks later was emailed inviting me up to interview in Syracuse, NY. Flew up on Thursday, nice accomodations. Interviewed Friday morning. Three, one-on-one, 45 minute interviews: mostly behavioral with one technical 'coding assignment'. If you know how to use a for loop you'll be fine. Most questions asked about projects I have been involved with and specifics about my resume. Got to speak with two experienced employees and one more recent hire which I really appreciated. Tour of the facility was exciting, weather was not. Lunch provided and opportunity to ask many questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when somebody disagreed strongly with a decision of yours. What did you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation, entry level position didn't provide wiggle room but admittedly didn't try to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Nothing too technical. Mostly about my experience that was on my resume. Be ready to answer specific resume questions. I got one question about what design patterns I'm aware of. Overall, it was a great experience. I obtained the interview through a conference. I got an offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your resume, when did you show leadership and more basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

I applied for the position and didnt get a call for the interview until about a month later. In the first 30 minutes of the interview I was casually interviewed by the project manager, simple things like, where do you see your career going, tell me about a time you worked in a group, etc. The following 30 minutes I was given a tour of the working environment, met a few other employees. The last hour of my interview was spent talking pretty casually with 3 of whom my peers would be if hired. I was asked about my programming, schooling, and project background, and given some good pieces of advice about the company and learning new useful programming tools/techniques. There was never any technical interview, simply explained experiences and knowledge I already had. I was interviewed on a Wednesday and the following Monday got a call saying the program wanted to extend me an offer. As most of the other reviews say, LM focuses more on what kind of person you are because they can teach if you everything they need you to know on the job if they find you fit.

Interview Questions
    • As I had mentioned, they really didnt try and throw any curve balls. Mostly want to know what your background is and what type of personality you have.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Asc Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Very laid back. More of a situational interview and asked about projects that were done during college.

Software Engineer Asc Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I was asked to fly out to an on-site interview and took part in two 1 on 1 interviews. We talked about technical problems and how I would go about solving them. In addition I had a panel interview with 6-10 other individuals who where also on site for interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was requested to fly out for an on-site interview and had two 1 on 1 interviews with various managers from different departments. We discussed technical problems and how I would go about solving them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2009.

I applied for an interview through an online system at my college in 2004. After making a good impression during a behavioral interview at my college recruiting center, i was asked to attend a second interview in the D.C. area. I met with three managers from different programs, one of which represented a research team focusing on a domain i had experience in. I didn't really have a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions about a software language i wasn't familiar with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2009.

The LM interview process is a 100% behavioral, about how you work in teams and things of this nature, there's no technical questions asked. It would usually be a hiring manager that may ask technical questions, however in my case I was never asked any sort of technical question, I was hired as an intern, worked two summers as intern, after graduating I got a job offer with the corporation.

Interview Questions
    Non-existant. I had a better offer from another company, LM didn't even look at it. I wanted to work form LM so I rejected the better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2009.

The hiring process wasn't too painful. I flew out to the site and interviewed with several different managers. They were mostly concerned with my previous experience and internships. They also want to make sure you have a good personality and fit into the culture.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked about previous experience, but other interviews I've done within the company have involved design patterns and other concepts.   View Answer
    Would not negotiate at all. Maybe my recruiter was difficult.

Software Engineer Asc Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview was a large group of us. They fed us breakfast and lunch and everyone was interviewed by 3 different managers. They started with a presentation about the company and then talked about the specific branch we were interviewing for. We were then interviewed which consisted of mainly behavioral questions with a few technical thrown in. Then they presented a project they were working on and then we headed home.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between a class and an object to someone who is not a computer scientist.   View Answer
    They don't negotiate new grad positions; the offer is based on a calculation.