Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Asc Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Long HR briefing, three separate interviews, one of which was technical. The other two were more behavioral in nature, i.e. what my ideal job was, how I problem solve and interact with other people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Hanover, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to travel to an interview day hosted near some of the sites around the D.C. area. I met with a few managers in 1 on 1 interviews representing various groups within the IS&GS division. The interviews were fairly laid back. We mostly talked about projects I had worked on in the past, and various programming experience that I had. It wasn't terribly technical and overall was a pretty pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Some standard behavioral questions, then just talked about projects I had worked on and programming languages.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through LM website and three weeks later was emailed inviting me up to interview in Syracuse, NY. Flew up on Thursday, nice accomodations. Interviewed Friday morning. Three, one-on-one, 45 minute interviews: mostly behavioral with one technical 'coding assignment'. If you know how to use a for loop you'll be fine. Most questions asked about projects I have been involved with and specifics about my resume. Got to speak with two experienced employees and one more recent hire which I really appreciated. Tour of the facility was exciting, weather was not. Lunch provided and opportunity to ask many questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when somebody disagreed strongly with a decision of yours. What did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry level position didn't provide wiggle room but admittedly didn't try to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Manassas, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Nothing too technical. Mostly about my experience that was on my resume. Be ready to answer specific resume questions. I got one question about what design patterns I'm aware of. Overall, it was a great experience. I obtained the interview through a conference. I got an offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your resume, when did you show leadership and more basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position and didnt get a call for the interview until about a month later. In the first 30 minutes of the interview I was casually interviewed by the project manager, simple things like, where do you see your career going, tell me about a time you worked in a group, etc. The following 30 minutes I was given a tour of the working environment, met a few other employees. The last hour of my interview was spent talking pretty casually with 3 of whom my peers would be if hired. I was asked about my programming, schooling, and project background, and given some good pieces of advice about the company and learning new useful programming tools/techniques. There was never any technical interview, simply explained experiences and knowledge I already had. I was interviewed on a Wednesday and the following Monday got a call saying the program wanted to extend me an offer. As most of the other reviews say, LM focuses more on what kind of person you are because they can teach if you everything they need you to know on the job if they find you fit.

Interview Questions

• As I had mentioned, they really didnt try and throw any curve balls. Mostly want to know what your background is and what type of personality you have.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Very laid back. More of a situational interview and asked about projects that were done during college.

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I was asked to fly out to an on-site interview and took part in two 1 on 1 interviews. We talked about technical problems and how I would go about solving them. In addition I had a panel interview with 6-10 other individuals who where also on site for interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was requested to fly out for an on-site interview and had two 1 on 1 interviews with various managers from different departments. We discussed technical problems and how I would go about solving them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied for an interview through an online system at my college in 2004. After making a good impression during a behavioral interview at my college recruiting center, i was asked to attend a second interview in the D.C. area. I met with three managers from different programs, one of which represented a research team focusing on a domain i had experience in. I didn't really have a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• A few questions about a software language i wasn't familiar with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2009.

Interview

The LM interview process is a 100% behavioral, about how you work in teams and things of this nature, there's no technical questions asked. It would usually be a hiring manager that may ask technical questions, however in my case I was never asked any sort of technical question, I was hired as an intern, worked two summers as intern, after graduating I got a job offer with the corporation.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existant. I had a better offer from another company, LM didn't even look at it. I wanted to work form LM so I rejected the better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

The hiring process wasn't too painful. I flew out to the site and interviewed with several different managers. They were mostly concerned with my previous experience and internships. They also want to make sure you have a good personality and fit into the culture.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about previous experience, but other interviews I've done within the company have involved design patterns and other concepts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Would not negotiate at all. Maybe my recruiter was difficult.