Lockheed Martin

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Littleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and didnt get a call for the interview until about a month later. In the first 30 minutes of the interview I was casually interviewed by the project manager, simple things like, where do you see your career going, tell me about a time you worked in a group, etc. The following 30 minutes I was given a tour of the working environment, met a few other employees. The last hour of my interview was spent talking pretty casually with 3 of whom my peers would be if hired. I was asked about my programming, schooling, and project background, and given some good pieces of advice about the company and learning new useful programming tools/techniques. There was never any technical interview, simply explained experiences and knowledge I already had. I was interviewed on a Wednesday and the following Monday got a call saying the program wanted to extend me an offer. As most of the other reviews say, LM focuses more on what kind of person you are because they can teach if you everything they need you to know on the job if they find you fit.

Interview Question – As I had mentioned, they really didnt try and throw any curve balls. Mostly want to know what your background is and what type of personality you have.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for an interview through an online system at my college in 2004. After making a good impression during a behavioral interview at my college recruiting center, i was asked to attend a second interview in the D.C. area. I met with three managers from different programs, one of which represented a research team focusing on a domain i had experience in. I didn't really have a technical interview.

Interview Question – A few questions about a software language i wasn't familiar with.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Asc

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Very laid back. More of a situational interview and asked about projects that were done during college.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Asc

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – I was asked to fly out to an on-site interview and took part in two 1 on 1 interviews. We talked about technical problems and how I would go about solving them. In addition I had a panel interview with 6-10 other individuals who where also on site for interviews.

Interview Question – I was requested to fly out for an on-site interview and had two 1 on 1 interviews with various managers from different departments. We discussed technical problems and how I would go about solving them.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2009.

Interview Details – The LM interview process is a 100% behavioral, about how you work in teams and things of this nature, there's no technical questions asked. It would usually be a hiring manager that may ask technical questions, however in my case I was never asked any sort of technical question, I was hired as an intern, worked two summers as intern, after graduating I got a job offer with the corporation.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-existant. I had a better offer from another company, LM didn't even look at it. I wanted to work form LM so I rejected the better offer.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process wasn't too painful. I flew out to the site and interviewed with several different managers. They were mostly concerned with my previous experience and internships. They also want to make sure you have a good personality and fit into the culture.

Interview Question – Mostly asked about previous experience, but other interviews I've done within the company have involved design patterns and other concepts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Would not negotiate at all. Maybe my recruiter was difficult.

Software Engineer Asc

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Interview was a large group of us. They fed us breakfast and lunch and everyone was interviewed by 3 different managers. They started with a presentation about the company and then talked about the specific branch we were interviewing for. We were then interviewed which consisted of mainly behavioral questions with a few technical thrown in. Then they presented a project they were working on and then we headed home.

Interview Question – Describe the difference between a class and an object to someone who is not a computer scientist.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate new grad positions; the offer is based on a calculation.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!