Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.9

Software Engineer Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2007.

I came in to an interview session where there were dozens of other interviewees which actually helped me to remain calm. They served beverages and bagels and the human resources staff were extremely friendly. You get called in for at least one (I had 3) one on one or two on one interviews where they discuss your resume your background etc, typical interview stuff. Once the day was over I went hope feeling good, and received an email about a week or so later letting me know that I have a choice between two positions.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2015.

I applied online and heard back from them in a few weeks. Asked me to come in for an on-site interview. They paid for a hotel room the night before, and would have paid for airfare, but I drove there since I wasn't too far.
    The on-site interview was a day (8am-1pm) with me and 5 other people. First they gave us a short presentation about Lockheed, life in Syracuse, and what specifically they do at that location. Then we were split up for three one-on-one interviews, each with a software engineer (or software engineering manager). There were three different types of interviews: HR, experience, and technical skills. One consisted of a very short, very simple programming test; it took about 5 minutes. Everyone was really friendly and very helpful with any questions I had. Then we were given a tour of the facility (just one building because it was snowing), and a free lunch catered by a place in town.
    It was really nice and definitely made me more interested in Lockheed Martin.

However, after accepting the offer, I was required to apply for a government security clearance before I can be officially "cleared for hire." I'm still waiting to hear back for this and was told it could take 2-3 months, or possibly up to a year. My recruiter said I will most likely hear a few weeks before I'm supposed to start.

Interview Questions
    • HR interview was about personal interactions, teamwork, etc.
      Experience was about projects I have done and general software engineering development.
      Technical was about my experience coding (what languages used, etc), and a short programming quiz. Not difficult at all.

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I got called in for an in person interview. The guy gave me a couple of basic behavioral questions. Then, he gave me 3 technical questions. It was pretty relaxing but I felt it wasn't taken seriously.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface?(easy question that i remembered).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Papillion, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Papillion, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2013.

Many months ago I filled out an online profile at the LM website because I was a senior in college and interested in working there. Several months later, I received an email from a recruiter who asked me if I was interested in a position that fit my skills and preferences. I replied that I was interested and an interview was setup for the following week. When I arrived, I was immediately met by an employee who asked me several questions about my background to determine if I would be eligible for the required clearance. Following that, I met with another man who took me to a room for the interview. There, I talked to the hiring manager and a representative for LM. They asked me to walk through my resume and go over any and all experiences I had listed on there. The hiring manager wanted details about projects I've worked on and any experience that might relate to this position. The hiring manager then told me about the position and answered any technical questions I had. He then left and I was left with the LM representative who told me about the company and what it's like to work there. Upon leaving, he told me that I should hear back the end of the week. The next day I received a call that I would be receiving an offer, and was emailed a link to fill out more information, which I'm assuming is used to determine a starting salary. Overall, I was very happy with the experience, as a graduating senior I have had many interviews and the communication and promptness of LM was by far the best experience.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of questions they asked me were about school projects and experience at internships.   Answer Question
    You have to fill out some forms before you get an offer which ask you a desired salary. I received an offer that was very close to what I asked, and I didn't attempt to negotiate because I felt like the offer was fair.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Got a phone call by a recruiter to set up a profile and got bumped up to a Program Manager's view. About 2 weeks later I got an email to confirm an interview date. It was a group interview with different Program Managers. Was asked basic interview questions like "how do you handle a specific situation". More behavior questions than anything. Nothing technical at all.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about telling a customer that what they wanted was way out of scope of the project?   Answer Question
    Offer was more than I expected so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2014.

I applied online through their website and was contacted the next week. The lady then scheduled me for an on-site interview at my convenience. The people interviewing my we're really nice.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2014.

It was an interview straightforward to your resume, asking questions about your experience and 3 or 4 behavioral questions and easy to answer.
    One question of "code".....

The next month I received a email from my recruiter saying that I don't have an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

I applied online and a few weeks later I got an email from a recruiter asking to set up a meeting. I scheduled a day and drove up and had an hour long interview with the manager and another member of my team. They asked me no technical questions and asked me to explain things that I had on my resume. They in turn let me ask questions, and so I did. As I left, I asked the manager why there weren't any technical questions and he said that if you managed to graduate then they assume you know the base knowledge. Talking about stuff on your resume let them know whether you knew your stuff or not.

Interview Questions
    I had another offer and so they were able to match my new offer to just a little under the other offer, which I preferred since the other offer was a lot farther from home than I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2012.

I've been contacted by Lockheed recruiters multiple times, but with the exception of this particular interview it had never gone anywhere. This time they forwarded my information to a hiring manager, who gave me a phone screen and detailed the position.

During the phone screen, while technical topics were discussed, there was no 'quiz show' factor. It was very conversational and cordial. I was invited for an in person interview, which lasted two or three hours. There I met with some managers and potential teammates. The interview was pleasant and the work sounded interesting. Everyone seemed very nice.

Interview Questions

The offer was not very competitive. I would have accepted an offer that had competitive salary and benefits.