Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the interested department and one of his lead software engineers. The interview was very conversational and personality based, only a few formal questions were asked. Very little technical information was requested or tested. Both interviewers were highly personable and friendly, relatively relaxed atmosphere. Although I did not receive an offer, I would say this interview was worth the experience alone.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired today, how would you prepare for your first day of work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Lockheed Martin came to my school and basically told everyone to apply online. I put in an online application and had a phone call a few weeks later asking me some basic questions (when do I graduate, where would I want to work, etc). A few weeks later they sent me an email on Thursday asking if I could come to their Orlando office on Friday. Since it was very short notice and I had other school/work obligations, I asked to reschedule. They offered another date a few weeks out which I accepted. Interview Day Lockheed gave me a hotel and rental car to get to their office. Everything was smooth and I had no issues with that. The morning security instructions were a bit vague and took some time getting a security badge for the day. The interview day began with about 20 or so applicants being brought in. We were given some breakfast foods (donuts and pastries) and coffee / juice. We were then brought into a large room with a projector where two employees discussed what benefits we would get and perks Lockheed offers. After that, we just remained in the room and waited for interviewers to call us out. I only had 2 interviews but some people had as many as 4. After the interviews we were given lunch and a tour of the facility. There were some really cool projects going on and some fun simulators we got to try out. After that, they just sent us home. Overall smooth and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were more of just a chat. They were relatively short, maybe 20-30 minutes each. They were more interested in seeing that you were passionate and capable over asking technical questions. We discussed things on my resume briefly and potential areas I could fit in the company. I was asked: "What's the difference between passing a reference and passing a pointer?"   Answer Question

Pay was much lower than what I was hoping for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later I got an email from a recruiter asking to set up a meeting. I scheduled a day and drove up and had an hour long interview with the manager and another member of my team. They asked me no technical questions and asked me to explain things that I had on my resume. They in turn let me ask questions, and so I did. As I left, I asked the manager why there weren't any technical questions and he said that if you managed to graduate then they assume you know the base knowledge. Talking about stuff on your resume let them know whether you knew your stuff or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had another offer and so they were able to match my new offer to just a little under the other offer, which I preferred since the other offer was a lot farther from home than I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Greenbelt, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

I've been contacted by Lockheed recruiters multiple times, but with the exception of this particular interview it had never gone anywhere. This time they forwarded my information to a hiring manager, who gave me a phone screen and detailed the position. During the phone screen, while technical topics were discussed, there was no 'quiz show' factor. It was very conversational and cordial. I was invited for an in person interview, which lasted two or three hours. There I met with some managers and potential teammates. The interview was pleasant and the work sounded interesting. Everyone seemed very nice.

Interview Questions

The offer was not very competitive. I would have accepted an offer that had competitive salary and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Grove City, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency about a contract opportunity at Lockheed Martin and given an opportunity to interview by phone. The interview was around 25 minutes long with an HR manager and a project team lead, and we discussed my academic experiences, projects, experience developing software in teams, and proficiency with certain version control software. My answers seemed to impress them, although I was surprised by the lack of direct behavioural and technical questions. About a week later I was notified through the staffing agency I had been offered the position. Still no further technical questions, so I think they really place a lot of emphasis on your personality and enthusiasm in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you programmed in a team. What kinds of version control software have you used or are familiar with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My resume was in the Lockheed Martin career system for over a year before a recruiter pulled it off the top of the stack, but the actual process from recruiter email to offer letter took a little under 3 weeks. Phone interview followed by panel interview the following week by hiring manager + the team I would be working with. The team asked most of the questions, which were just about all behavioral or about past experiences listed on my resume. There weren't any technical questions, only questions about past experiences on how your skills were used. The first question below was the most technical question I received.

Interview Questions

• When designing an application, would you start with the back-end or the front-end?   1 Answer
    • What are 3 strengths & 3 weaknesses that your former employer or acquaintances would say about you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Interview

Very casual and friendly interview. Mostly Personality based and what you know. Not very technical. Sat down with several members and discussed the various positions offered. Were able to answer all of my questions clearly and were very approachable.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you've been a part of?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I got called in for an in person interview. The guy gave me a couple of basic behavioral questions. Then, he gave me 3 technical questions. It was pretty relaxing but I felt it wasn't taken seriously.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface?(easy question that i remembered).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Papillion, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Papillion, NE) in March 2013.

Interview

Many months ago I filled out an online profile at the LM website because I was a senior in college and interested in working there. Several months later, I received an email from a recruiter who asked me if I was interested in a position that fit my skills and preferences. I replied that I was interested and an interview was setup for the following week. When I arrived, I was immediately met by an employee who asked me several questions about my background to determine if I would be eligible for the required clearance. Following that, I met with another man who took me to a room for the interview. There, I talked to the hiring manager and a representative for LM. They asked me to walk through my resume and go over any and all experiences I had listed on there. The hiring manager wanted details about projects I've worked on and any experience that might relate to this position. The hiring manager then told me about the position and answered any technical questions I had. He then left and I was left with the LM representative who told me about the company and what it's like to work there. Upon leaving, he told me that I should hear back the end of the week. The next day I received a call that I would be receiving an offer, and was emailed a link to fill out more information, which I'm assuming is used to determine a starting salary. Overall, I was very happy with the experience, as a graduating senior I have had many interviews and the communication and promptness of LM was by far the best experience.

Interview Questions

• Majority of questions they asked me were about school projects and experience at internships.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have to fill out some forms before you get an offer which ask you a desired salary. I received an offer that was very close to what I asked, and I didn't attempt to negotiate because I felt like the offer was fair.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took a month from the time I submitted my application to the time I was contacted about getting an interview, and from there, the process took one week from the interview to receive an offer. The interview was surprisingly easy. I was expecting for them to drill me with technical questions, but all the questions were focused on soft skills. At the end, I joked about it saying, "I'm relieved, I thought you were going to ask me about technical stuff." The guy who interviewed me responded by saying that the reason I was even in the room was because they thought that I was solid on the technical side. Thus, the questions were typical of every interview that I have had so far. They asked about challenges that I had to overcome, about leadership positions that I have taken over my academic career, about the internships on my resume and what skills I learned from them, etc. I would say that I am comfortable talking about these things in an interview, so the interview for me was pretty easy. The sad thing was that the offer that they ultimately extended me was incredibly low. Not only was it 8-10k below the national average for this position, but the job was located in Washington, D.C. I told my recruiter that this number undervalued my skills in the current market, especially in an incredibly expensive city, and I countered with what I found to be the national average (salary.com had it at around 66k) or the option to obtain this offer for a cheaper city. They declined the counter and I subsequently declined the original offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge   1 Answer