Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Basic phone screen asking about resume items and past projects. In person interview consisting of mostly behavioral questions with some resume questions. Nothing technical. They really just want to know if they'd like you as a person, with the assumption that you already know or are able to learn all the necessary technical skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My resume was in the Lockheed Martin career system for over a year before a recruiter pulled it off the top of the stack, but the actual process from recruiter email to offer letter took a little under 3 weeks. Phone interview followed by panel interview the following week by hiring manager + the team I would be working with. The team asked most of the questions, which were just about all behavioral or about past experiences listed on my resume. There weren't any technical questions, only questions about past experiences on how your skills were used. The first question below was the most technical question I received.

Interview Questions

• When designing an application, would you start with the back-end or the front-end?   1 Answer
    • What are 3 strengths & 3 weaknesses that your former employer or acquaintances would say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the interested department and one of his lead software engineers. The interview was very conversational and personality based, only a few formal questions were asked. Very little technical information was requested or tested. Both interviewers were highly personable and friendly, relatively relaxed atmosphere. Although I did not receive an offer, I would say this interview was worth the experience alone.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired today, how would you prepare for your first day of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Lockheed Martin came to my school and basically told everyone to apply online. I put in an online application and had a phone call a few weeks later asking me some basic questions (when do I graduate, where would I want to work, etc). A few weeks later they sent me an email on Thursday asking if I could come to their Orlando office on Friday. Since it was very short notice and I had other school/work obligations, I asked to reschedule. They offered another date a few weeks out which I accepted. Interview Day Lockheed gave me a hotel and rental car to get to their office. Everything was smooth and I had no issues with that. The morning security instructions were a bit vague and took some time getting a security badge for the day. The interview day began with about 20 or so applicants being brought in. We were given some breakfast foods (donuts and pastries) and coffee / juice. We were then brought into a large room with a projector where two employees discussed what benefits we would get and perks Lockheed offers. After that, we just remained in the room and waited for interviewers to call us out. I only had 2 interviews but some people had as many as 4. After the interviews we were given lunch and a tour of the facility. There were some really cool projects going on and some fun simulators we got to try out. After that, they just sent us home. Overall smooth and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were more of just a chat. They were relatively short, maybe 20-30 minutes each. They were more interested in seeing that you were passionate and capable over asking technical questions. We discussed things on my resume briefly and potential areas I could fit in the company. I was asked: "What's the difference between passing a reference and passing a pointer?"   Answer Question

Pay was much lower than what I was hoping for.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took a month from the time I submitted my application to the time I was contacted about getting an interview, and from there, the process took one week from the interview to receive an offer. The interview was surprisingly easy. I was expecting for them to drill me with technical questions, but all the questions were focused on soft skills. At the end, I joked about it saying, "I'm relieved, I thought you were going to ask me about technical stuff." The guy who interviewed me responded by saying that the reason I was even in the room was because they thought that I was solid on the technical side. Thus, the questions were typical of every interview that I have had so far. They asked about challenges that I had to overcome, about leadership positions that I have taken over my academic career, about the internships on my resume and what skills I learned from them, etc. I would say that I am comfortable talking about these things in an interview, so the interview for me was pretty easy. The sad thing was that the offer that they ultimately extended me was incredibly low. Not only was it 8-10k below the national average for this position, but the job was located in Washington, D.C. I told my recruiter that this number undervalued my skills in the current market, especially in an incredibly expensive city, and I countered with what I found to be the national average (salary.com had it at around 66k) or the option to obtain this offer for a cheaper city. They declined the counter and I subsequently declined the original offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge   1 Answer

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Interview

Very casual and friendly interview. Mostly Personality based and what you know. Not very technical. Sat down with several members and discussed the various positions offered. Were able to answer all of my questions clearly and were very approachable.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you've been a part of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Grove City, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency about a contract opportunity at Lockheed Martin and given an opportunity to interview by phone. The interview was around 25 minutes long with an HR manager and a project team lead, and we discussed my academic experiences, projects, experience developing software in teams, and proficiency with certain version control software. My answers seemed to impress them, although I was surprised by the lack of direct behavioural and technical questions. About a week later I was notified through the staffing agency I had been offered the position. Still no further technical questions, so I think they really place a lot of emphasis on your personality and enthusiasm in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you programmed in a team. What kinds of version control software have you used or are familiar with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (North Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from them in a few weeks. Asked me to come in for an on-site interview. They paid for a hotel room the night before, and would have paid for airfare, but I drove there since I wasn't too far. The on-site interview was a day (8am-1pm) with me and 5 other people. First they gave us a short presentation about Lockheed, life in Syracuse, and what specifically they do at that location. Then we were split up for three one-on-one interviews, each with a software engineer (or software engineering manager). There were three different types of interviews: HR, experience, and technical skills. One consisted of a very short, very simple programming test; it took about 5 minutes. Everyone was really friendly and very helpful with any questions I had. Then we were given a tour of the facility (just one building because it was snowing), and a free lunch catered by a place in town. It was really nice and definitely made me more interested in Lockheed Martin. However, after accepting the offer, I was required to apply for a government security clearance before I can be officially "cleared for hire." I'm still waiting to hear back for this and was told it could take 2-3 months, or possibly up to a year. My recruiter said I will most likely hear a few weeks before I'm supposed to start.

Interview Questions

• HR interview was about personal interactions, teamwork, etc. Experience was about projects I have done and general software engineering development. Technical was about my experience coding (what languages used, etc), and a short programming quiz. Not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later I got an email from a recruiter asking to set up a meeting. I scheduled a day and drove up and had an hour long interview with the manager and another member of my team. They asked me no technical questions and asked me to explain things that I had on my resume. They in turn let me ask questions, and so I did. As I left, I asked the manager why there weren't any technical questions and he said that if you managed to graduate then they assume you know the base knowledge. Talking about stuff on your resume let them know whether you knew your stuff or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had another offer and so they were able to match my new offer to just a little under the other offer, which I preferred since the other offer was a lot farther from home than I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was an interview straightforward to your resume, asking questions about your experience and 3 or 4 behavioral questions and easy to answer. One question of "code"..... The next month I received a email from my recruiter saying that I don't have an offer.