Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I interviewed a few years ago (right before the Great Recession), but to my recollection it started off with a phone interview, then an in person interview. Neither of them were very technical. It was like they wanted to hear that you knew the names and words involving programming, but they weren't concerned about you actually proving that you could code. I guess that is because I had a very high GPA. I have heard that more recently they are switching to code test interviews. But I can't verify that.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a bad experience with a coworker, and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I believe the salary was calculated based off of GPA and years of experience. I think they have a program that gives them a number. I didn't try to negotiate from the number that they provided.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2015.

Interview

The interview went for 45 minutes to an hour. I though I had done fairly well. A few days later the interviewer left a voicemail asking to setup a follow-up screen with one of the team leads. I emailed and called to arrange this appointment, but have since heard nothing back from him. I find this quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about interfaces and abstracts. But mostly they wanted to know about my former projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview. Was flown out, got to meet several of the managers who were very kind people. All round behavior interview with interests in prior projects or work experience. There were some technical questions but nothing out of this world. Also got a background tour of their facilities. The interviews were individual but in a group format. They would have a big group of 10-15 come to the event and then the managers split the interviewees based of the skills set. I had 4 interviews with 7 different managers from different departments.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Applied for New Grad position. Had two interviews in the same day. Both mainly HR questions that were about my experiences and how I work in a team. Very friendly interviewers. Not too many questions though, so be prepared to talk about yourself and have questions ready.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied in November for a summer internship. In February I was invited to an on site interview by email, they covered all expenses. I interviewed with two people for about an hour. It was very relaxed; we talked about school, everything on my resume, projects outside of school, and the position. They got back to me very quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially a total of 12 candidates including myself were sitting in a conference room. Nobody knew what positions they were being interviewed for or where they would be. A few managers came in, intorduced themselves, and talked about how the day would go. Basically, each manager worked on a different project and needed someone or knew another manager that needed someone.They were looking to fill multiple positions and just wanted to cast a wide net. So they would pull you into their office for about 30 minutes and interview you. I had 3 interviews, some people had two, others had 4 but the schedule was predetermined. If you didn't have an interview at that time you just sat with the other candidates and talked. I really only had one or two questions the whole time. It was more conversational rather than an typical interview, and there were no technical questions. It went really well for me, and Ive been doing background checks with the company. Still, its been about a month or two and theres been no offer yet

Interview Questions

• How would you try to convince a senior worker to try a new method What projects interest you How do you work with other people   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call to set up a technical phone interview. I was allowed a couple days to review the job description and prepare. I was asked various Java programming questions, mainly on design. Besides Java based questions, was asked about how i handled previous job situations. In total, I was asked about 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a vector and a linked list?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Mass applied to many positions online. Received request for interview several months later after it seems a recruiter came across my resume. Strangely, I was asked to do a security pre-screen before the actual interview. A few days later, I got an onsite interview. I met with two groups that were interested in me. The interview with the first group was great and the recruiter, or whoever set up the interview, did a really good job matching my technical interests and personality type to the group technical lead and the project. After a solid 45 minute interview in which we mostly geeked out about mathematical projects or object oriented programming, we shook hands and proceeded about our ways. The interview was fairly informal without a lot of the typical interview questions. The hiring manager was very interested and involved in the process and followed up with me several times following the interview concerning how I thought it went and how my interview compared with the group after me. They really seemed quite enthusiastic about Lockheed and the project and that enthusiasm was infectious. Three business days later I received a formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are you working on in grad school now? If you were hired, what would you do between now and your first day? What attracted you most to this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and was flown out to the hiring event with the free amenities other people have been mentioning. I had two interviews with the hiring managers on site; as people have mentioned the questions asked were very behavioral and mostly non-technical. I ended up receiving an offer a week/week and a half later. The offer was lower than my other job offers, but I had a good feeling at the interview, and thought the work this company does is pretty neat so I ended up accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later I was flown out for an on sight interview. Everything went well and was fairly easy. Free hotel, free flight, free black car service and very nice facilities. The only major problem was how low the offer was. Boeing offers more, so does almost every offer in downtown Dallas and Houston. I'm not sure why someone would accept. The worst part is that, when you tell HR, they refuse to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just common things, nothing technical.   Answer Question

The pay was hilariously low, 61k