Lockheed Martin

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.2

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Applied online, a few weeks later I was flown out for an on sight interview. Everything went well and was fairly easy. Free hotel, free flight, free black car service and very nice facilities. The only major problem was how low the offer was. Boeing offers more, so does almost every offer in downtown Dallas and Houston. I'm not sure why someone would accept. The worst part is that, when you tell HR, they refuse to negotiate.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions, just common things, nothing technical.   Answer Question

The pay was hilariously low, 61k

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

They came out to our school's job fair and then to our Association for Computing machinery or ACM presentation where after a quick interview scheduled us for an interview. I applied for most of the software engineer positions. They called back within a couple days. Interviewed at their location. They paid for the trip and hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were straight forward. Even though they said to expect mostly behavioral based interview questions, it wasn't even that it was more about going through my resume and seeing what my strengths and experiences were in and how they can translate into what they are doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Went online and applied then I had an interview. It was a lot of fun. It was not hard. Very nice people interviewed me. All in all I was very excited

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Got a call unexpectedly 6 months after I had submitted my resume, asking me if I would consider a job. Had a phone interview, followed by an all day interview with 7 people in the schedule, including a director, followed by an offer. All of this happened with in 1-2 wks.

Interview Questions
    • 1. you have 1 hr to convince me I should hire you. Go. <silence>
      2. if i hired you to lead an effort to build the tools needed to engage in cyber warfare, how would you go about it?

Answer Question
    they were rude and uncompromising. mostly take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

First I filled out several online applications on the Lockheed Martin website. Several weeks later I received an email selecting that I had been selected for several interviews in Sunnyvale, CA. I then received phone calls to assist me with creating travel plans that Lockheed would completely pay for. Finally I spent a day in San Jose at a hotel they paid for with a rental car they paid for and all my meals either paid for or reimbursed. The interviews were at Lockheed Martin's facilities and I had two interviews that spanned across a two hour span. The first was a 1 on 1 behavioral interview that was very relaxed and simple. The next interview was a 2 on 1 behavioral interview from two different managers. This second interview was very weird as they asked questions about things that they were interested in but I was worried that my answers to one manager's questions would hurt my chances at the chances the other manager would choose me to fill the full-time position. During both interviews no technical questions were asked. I was called two days later telling me that I was not being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was that no technical questions were asked at all. The interviews were completely behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The interview process is a joke. If you can't pass the few technical questions you'll get from a non-technical manager, you should probably consider another career.

Interview Questions
    LM doesn't negotiate. If you try to negotiate, you're up against a faceless HR person on the phone, who is basically a company drone, and their favorite word is "no." The nice guy you met at the interview? He's now out of the picture. LM's position is always "take it or leave it."

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I had a a phone interview, after I applied online several weeks prior. After the phone interview I was given a face to face interview. They paid for all travel expenses and I stayed in a hotel relatively close to the company site, the face to face interviews consisted of 3 interviews with different hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the interview consisted of questions primarly tailored to the location of the site, career goals, and also prior work shown on resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The hiring manager called and interviewed me asking basic questions about my resume and past job experiences as well as my academic record. I was sent a job offer within two days.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficult questions. All questions was based on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

basic questions on how you would handle certain situations. Not a lot of technical questions, although some positions will ask specific technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • In general just be honest and don't say that you know something when you don't.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

They're hiring young, but layoffs target seniors.

Interview Questions

More layoffs coming locally.