Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview. Was flown out, got to meet several of the managers who were very kind people. All round behavior interview with interests in prior projects or work experience. There were some technical questions but nothing out of this world. Also got a background tour of their facilities. The interviews were individual but in a group format. They would have a big group of 10-15 come to the event and then the managers split the interviewees based of the skills set. I had 4 interviews with 7 different managers from different departments.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied in November for a summer internship. In February I was invited to an on site interview by email, they covered all expenses. I interviewed with two people for about an hour. It was very relaxed; we talked about school, everything on my resume, projects outside of school, and the position. They got back to me very quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Applied for New Grad position. Had two interviews in the same day. Both mainly HR questions that were about my experiences and how I work in a team. Very friendly interviewers. Not too many questions though, so be prepared to talk about yourself and have questions ready.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially a total of 12 candidates including myself were sitting in a conference room. Nobody knew what positions they were being interviewed for or where they would be. A few managers came in, intorduced themselves, and talked about how the day would go. Basically, each manager worked on a different project and needed someone or knew another manager that needed someone.They were looking to fill multiple positions and just wanted to cast a wide net. So they would pull you into their office for about 30 minutes and interview you. I had 3 interviews, some people had two, others had 4 but the schedule was predetermined. If you didn't have an interview at that time you just sat with the other candidates and talked.

I really only had one or two questions the whole time. It was more conversational rather than an typical interview, and there were no technical questions.

It went really well for me, and Ive been doing background checks with the company. Still, its been about a month or two and theres been no offer yet

Interview Questions

• How would you try to convince a senior worker to try a new method

What projects interest you

How do you work with other people

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call to set up a technical phone interview. I was allowed a couple days to review the job description and prepare. I was asked various Java programming questions, mainly on design. Besides Java based questions, was asked about how i handled previous job situations. In total, I was asked about 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a vector and a linked list?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Mass applied to many positions online. Received request for interview several months later after it seems a recruiter came across my resume. Strangely, I was asked to do a security pre-screen before the actual interview. A few days later, I got an onsite interview. I met with two groups that were interested in me. The interview with the first group was great and the recruiter, or whoever set up the interview, did a really good job matching my technical interests and personality type to the group technical lead and the project.

After a solid 45 minute interview in which we mostly geeked out about mathematical projects or object oriented programming, we shook hands and proceeded about our ways. The interview was fairly informal without a lot of the typical interview questions. The hiring manager was very interested and involved in the process and followed up with me several times following the interview concerning how I thought it went and how my interview compared with the group after me. They really seemed quite enthusiastic about Lockheed and the project and that enthusiasm was infectious. Three business days later I received a formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are you working on in grad school now?

If you were hired, what would you do between now and your first day?

What attracted you most to this position?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and was flown out to the hiring event with the free amenities other people have been mentioning. I had two interviews with the hiring managers on site; as people have mentioned the questions asked were very behavioral and mostly non-technical.

I ended up receiving an offer a week/week and a half later. The offer was lower than my other job offers, but I had a good feeling at the interview, and thought the work this company does is pretty neat so I ended up accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later I was flown out for an on sight interview. Everything went well and was fairly easy. Free hotel, free flight, free black car service and very nice facilities. The only major problem was how low the offer was. Boeing offers more, so does almost every offer in downtown Dallas and Houston. I'm not sure why someone would accept. The worst part is that, when you tell HR, they refuse to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just common things, nothing technical.   Answer Question

The pay was hilariously low, 61k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Rockville, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within 3 weeks to schedule the interview. Was invited in, sat down and talked one on one with the manager of the department I applied to. Interview took about an hour. Mostly questions about techniques and experiences. Lots of time spent informing me of the departments projects and the job description.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with employees who are hard to get along with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Mount Laurel, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

They came out to our school's job fair and then to our Association for Computing machinery or ACM presentation where after a quick interview scheduled us for an interview. I applied for most of the software engineer positions. They called back within a couple days. Interviewed at their location. They paid for the trip and hotel.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were straight forward. Even though they said to expect mostly behavioral based interview questions, it wasn't even that it was more about going through my resume and seeing what my strengths and experiences were in and how they can translate into what they are doing.   Answer Question