Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in November for a summer internship. In February I was invited to an on site interview by email, they covered all expenses. I interviewed with two people for about an hour. It was very relaxed; we talked about school, everything on my resume, projects outside of school, and the position. They got back to me very quickly.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Applied for New Grad position. Had two interviews in the same day. Both mainly HR questions that were about my experiences and how I work in a team. Very friendly interviewers. Not too many questions though, so be prepared to talk about yourself and have questions ready.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

Mass applied to many positions online. Received request for interview several months later after it seems a recruiter came across my resume. Strangely, I was asked to do a security pre-screen before the actual interview. A few days later, I got an onsite interview. I met with two groups that were interested in me. The interview with the first group was great and the recruiter, or whoever set up the interview, did a really good job matching my technical interests and personality type to the group technical lead and the project.

After a solid 45 minute interview in which we mostly geeked out about mathematical projects or object oriented programming, we shook hands and proceeded about our ways. The interview was fairly informal without a lot of the typical interview questions. The hiring manager was very interested and involved in the process and followed up with me several times following the interview concerning how I thought it went and how my interview compared with the group after me. They really seemed quite enthusiastic about Lockheed and the project and that enthusiasm was infectious. Three business days later I received a formal job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are you working on in grad school now?

If you were hired, what would you do between now and your first day?

What attracted you most to this position?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online and was flown out to the hiring event with the free amenities other people have been mentioning. I had two interviews with the hiring managers on site; as people have mentioned the questions asked were very behavioral and mostly non-technical.

I ended up receiving an offer a week/week and a half later. The offer was lower than my other job offers, but I had a good feeling at the interview, and thought the work this company does is pretty neat so I ended up accepting the offer.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Applied online, a few weeks later I was flown out for an on sight interview. Everything went well and was fairly easy. Free hotel, free flight, free black car service and very nice facilities. The only major problem was how low the offer was. Boeing offers more, so does almost every offer in downtown Dallas and Houston. I'm not sure why someone would accept. The worst part is that, when you tell HR, they refuse to negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just common things, nothing technical.   Answer Question

The pay was hilariously low, 61k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2014.

Applied online, was contacted within 3 weeks to schedule the interview. Was invited in, sat down and talked one on one with the manager of the department I applied to. Interview took about an hour. Mostly questions about techniques and experiences. Lots of time spent informing me of the departments projects and the job description.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with employees who are hard to get along with?   Answer Question
    Negotiated a higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

They came out to our school's job fair and then to our Association for Computing machinery or ACM presentation where after a quick interview scheduled us for an interview. I applied for most of the software engineer positions. They called back within a couple days. Interviewed at their location. They paid for the trip and hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were straight forward. Even though they said to expect mostly behavioral based interview questions, it wasn't even that it was more about going through my resume and seeing what my strengths and experiences were in and how they can translate into what they are doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Went online and applied then I had an interview. It was a lot of fun. It was not hard. Very nice people interviewed me. All in all I was very excited

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Got a call unexpectedly 6 months after I had submitted my resume, asking me if I would consider a job. Had a phone interview, followed by an all day interview with 7 people in the schedule, including a director, followed by an offer. All of this happened with in 1-2 wks.

Interview Questions
    • 1. you have 1 hr to convince me I should hire you. Go. <silence>
      2. if i hired you to lead an effort to build the tools needed to engage in cyber warfare, how would you go about it?

Answer Question
    they were rude and uncompromising. mostly take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2014.

First I filled out several online applications on the Lockheed Martin website. Several weeks later I received an email selecting that I had been selected for several interviews in Sunnyvale, CA. I then received phone calls to assist me with creating travel plans that Lockheed would completely pay for. Finally I spent a day in San Jose at a hotel they paid for with a rental car they paid for and all my meals either paid for or reimbursed. The interviews were at Lockheed Martin's facilities and I had two interviews that spanned across a two hour span. The first was a 1 on 1 behavioral interview that was very relaxed and simple. The next interview was a 2 on 1 behavioral interview from two different managers. This second interview was very weird as they asked questions about things that they were interested in but I was worried that my answers to one manager's questions would hurt my chances at the chances the other manager would choose me to fill the full-time position. During both interviews no technical questions were asked. I was called two days later telling me that I was not being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was that no technical questions were asked at all. The interviews were completely behavioral.   Answer Question