Lockheed Martin

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online.
Got phone screening from hr who also set up onsite interview with hiring manager.
Relaxed interview process. After interview with hiring manager, was interviewed by rest of his team. Some technical and some behavioral questions

Interview Question – Was asked a basic question about the technology I was being interviewed for. You need to have textbook knowledge to answer it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. They did not pay relocation expenses. The cited reason was tight budget.

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Got a call unexpectedly 6 months after I had submitted my resume, asking me if I would consider a job. Had a phone interview, followed by an all day interview with 7 people in the schedule, including a director, followed by an offer. All of this happened with in 1-2 wks.

Interview Question – 1. you have 1 hr to convince me I should hire you. Go. <silence>
2. if i hired you to lead an effort to build the tools needed to engage in cyber warfare, how would you go about it?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they were rude and uncompromising. mostly take it or leave it.

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of meeting with both the administrative manager and the technical lead for the project. It was a typical interview with nothing out of the ordinary. Most of the questions focused on my educational background and there were not too many technical questions. They also asked about eligibility for a security clearance. This was the biggest thing they talked about.

Interview Question – Why would you be an asset to our company?   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – The interview process is a joke. If you can't pass the few technical questions you'll get from a non-technical manager, you should probably consider another career.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – LM doesn't negotiate. If you try to negotiate, you're up against a faceless HR person on the phone, who is basically a company drone, and their favorite word is "no." The nice guy you met at the interview? He's now out of the picture. LM's position is always "take it or leave it."

I applied online and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – I had a a phone interview, after I applied online several weeks prior. After the phone interview I was given a face to face interview. They paid for all travel expenses and I stayed in a hotel relatively close to the company site, the face to face interviews consisted of 3 interviews with different hiring managers.

Interview Question – I would say the interview consisted of questions primarly tailored to the location of the site, career goals, and also prior work shown on resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – The hiring manager called and interviewed me asking basic questions about my resume and past job experiences as well as my academic record. I was sent a job offer within two days.

Interview Question – I didn't have any difficult questions. All questions was based on my resume.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Lockheed Martin

Interview Details – basic questions on how you would handle certain situations. Not a lot of technical questions, although some positions will ask specific technical questions.

Interview Question – In general just be honest and don't say that you know something when you don't.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – They're hiring young, but layoffs target seniors.

Interview Question – Why are you different than other engineers?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – More layoffs coming locally.

Interviewed at Lockheed Martin

Interview Details – They just asked me a few behavoiral questions and then I had to tell them about my background. It took about an hour and it was pretty straight forward and easy.

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you had a problem with a team member and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Goodyear, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Interview process was very simple. I had a couple of referrals from long-time employees (some management) and the job was mine to lose. I was taken to lunch and only asked why I was looking for a different job. No other interview-related questions were asked. It took about a month to get my paperwork approved and through the process before an official offer was made.

Interview Question – There were no questions. I had several friends that worked for LM and with my resume, I was a shoe-in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate salary and pointed out that the benefits accounted for another 30%+ on top of the salary offered.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.