Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The interview process is a joke. If you can't pass the few technical questions you'll get from a non-technical manager, you should probably consider another career.

Interview Questions
LM doesn't negotiate. If you try to negotiate, you're up against a faceless HR person on the phone, who is basically a company drone, and their favorite word is "no." The nice guy you met at the interview? He's now out of the picture. LM's position is always "take it or leave it."

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I had a a phone interview, after I applied online several weeks prior. After the phone interview I was given a face to face interview. They paid for all travel expenses and I stayed in a hotel relatively close to the company site, the face to face interviews consisted of 3 interviews with different hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the interview consisted of questions primarly tailored to the location of the site, career goals, and also prior work shown on resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The hiring manager called and interviewed me asking basic questions about my resume and past job experiences as well as my academic record. I was sent a job offer within two days.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficult questions. All questions was based on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

basic questions on how you would handle certain situations. Not a lot of technical questions, although some positions will ask specific technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • In general just be honest and don't say that you know something when you don't.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

They're hiring young, but layoffs target seniors.

Interview Questions

More layoffs coming locally.

Software Engineer Interview

They just asked me a few behavoiral questions and then I had to tell them about my background. It took about an hour and it was pretty straight forward and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you had a problem with a team member and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview process was very simple. I had a couple of referrals from long-time employees (some management) and the job was mine to lose. I was taken to lunch and only asked why I was looking for a different job. No other interview-related questions were asked. It took about a month to get my paperwork approved and through the process before an official offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions. I had several friends that worked for LM and with my resume, I was a shoe-in.   Answer Question
    They were not willing to negotiate salary and pointed out that the benefits accounted for another 30%+ on top of the salary offered.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I submitted my resume online, and then I heard from a recruiter a couple weeks later. There was an initial phone screening, and then an in person interview. Hiring manager was prompt with good communication. Interview was relaxed with few technical questions. Questions were mostly behavior, e.g. describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it. I received an offer the day after interview.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were all related to the projects on my resume. Be prepared to talk in depth technically about anything listed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Applied online. After some time, I received an email about my interest in a different job posting. Eventually got a call to come down to interview for yet another job. I had three different two person interviews, and the last group showed me around the different areas that I might work. In the interview I was told that it was pretty likely that I would be getting an offer.

About a week after the interview, I had an offer. I declined the offer based on the pay, and they countered the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. They asked the normal teaming questions such as "Talk about a time you were on a team with someone difficult". It was for a software position so they asked a few simple questions about Java. They also asked some general programming questions to make sure you know different technologies.   Answer Question

Pay

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

One 40 minute phone interview with both technical and behavioral questions. There were 3 people calling plus myself. They essentially went down my resume and asked me to speak about education, prior work experience and relevant skills. I did have a nice letter of recommendation from someone with the company so that may be why there was no face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything out of the ordinary really. They asked about my experience level with relevant programming languages and an example of when I worked with a team.   Answer Question

Another offer was better aligned with my background and location preference.