Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goodyear, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview process was very simple. I had a couple of referrals from long-time employees (some management) and the job was mine to lose. I was taken to lunch and only asked why I was looking for a different job. No other interview-related questions were asked. It took about a month to get my paperwork approved and through the process before an official offer was made.

Interview Questions
  • There were no questions. I had several friends that worked for LM and with my resume, I was a shoe-in.   Answer Question
They were not willing to negotiate salary and pointed out that the benefits accounted for another 30%+ on top of the salary offered.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I submitted my resume online, and then I heard from a recruiter a couple weeks later. There was an initial phone screening, and then an in person interview. Hiring manager was prompt with good communication. Interview was relaxed with few technical questions. Questions were mostly behavior, e.g. describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it. I received an offer the day after interview.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were all related to the projects on my resume. Be prepared to talk in depth technically about anything listed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2012.

First a phone screening which was very easy. Then the personal interview with a panel of project managers. They mostly ask you about past experiences and test your knowledge on some programing aspects and teamwork importance.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

One 40 minute phone interview with both technical and behavioral questions. There were 3 people calling plus myself. They essentially went down my resume and asked me to speak about education, prior work experience and relevant skills. I did have a nice letter of recommendation from someone with the company so that may be why there was no face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything out of the ordinary really. They asked about my experience level with relevant programming languages and an example of when I worked with a team.   Answer Question

Another offer was better aligned with my background and location preference.

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Applied online. After some time, I received an email about my interest in a different job posting. Eventually got a call to come down to interview for yet another job. I had three different two person interviews, and the last group showed me around the different areas that I might work. In the interview I was told that it was pretty likely that I would be getting an offer.

About a week after the interview, I had an offer. I declined the offer based on the pay, and they countered the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. They asked the normal teaming questions such as "Talk about a time you were on a team with someone difficult". It was for a software position so they asked a few simple questions about Java. They also asked some general programming questions to make sure you know different technologies.   Answer Question

Pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moorestown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Attended a job fair in Philadelphia in 1999 and visited the Lockheed Martin booth. Presented them with a copy of my resume which had absolutely no work experience for the position I was applying for, but I was a Math major with a minor in Comp Sci. Called back for 1 on 1 interviews with 3 managers and one senior software engineer. Offered entry level position within one week. Interview process was easy and was not surprised with any questions that I considered difficult to answer.

Interview Questions
    • One question I considered sort of difficult to answer was 'How did you handle working in a team environment on software projects?'. Since I was a math major and I had used many math courses toward my comp sci minor I did not have any computer classes where we were required to work in teams. I had to be creative in my answer...   Answer Question
    No negotiations, the offer was for entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goodyear, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2010.

Standard group interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2012.

the interview process was pretty easy as there was only one technical question asked. there were 3, 45 minute interviews that consisted mainly of behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you failed and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2011.

Received a call from recruiter asking if I'm interested in flying out for an on-site interview. Booked the flight for 2 weeks later.

The interview was only 1 hour long and held in a room full of large cubicles, which was somewhat distracting as I could hear other candidates interviewing. I sat down with a senior manager from the software team and someone from HR. The manager brought a binder with diagrams and flowcharts that describe her team and what they do. She presented this information for roughly 40 minutes. Then the HR rep spent 10 minutes asking me about some background information, such as my security clearance. I was then given less than 10 minutes to try to sell myself and explain why I'd be a good fit. There was no time left to ask questions and the interview ended after exactly 1 hour.

Over 2 months went by with no feedback. Then I received a call from someone in HR telling me there's a problem with the desired salary I listed in my original application. It didn't seem unreasonable to me, and I confirmed that is the range I'm looking to make but I'm open to negotiation. He demanded repeatedly to know my "current salary, as of right now, today." I politely refused, since I am under no obligation to disclose this information. He then said I could either tell him or he will find out in a background investigation. I told him that my current employer doesn't reveal our salaries, and if this is how his company treats potential employees then it is definitely not a good fit for me. He e-mailed me immediately after, saying that my experience and expectations are clearly not right for this position, but good luck with my job search.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions were asked. Only a few questions about educational background and current security clearance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2012.

I got a call one early morning from a recruiter telling me about a software engineering position for their MFC unit, asked if I would be interested in flying out to Texas for some in person interviews. I said yes, though I found it odd that they would fly me out to Texas without even giving me a preliminary phone interview. I flew out to Texas the following week on Monday and spent the day researching the company and going over some interview questions. I should mention Lockheed paid for travel, hotel, and car rental. The interview was set for Tuesday morning. I drove to their facility and met with an HR manager/or something. She took me to a meeting room with one other candidate and gave us a quick presentation on the company and business unit. The other candidate was an internal candidate so I knew right away I was at a disadvantage.

The interview themselves were not that hard at all. I met with two engineering managers who gave me the same presentation the HR person gave me 10 minutes ago. No questions yet...I then met with project managers for two different teams. The first manager started about introducing her project and then went to ask me basic behavioral questions (Tell me about a time, Describe a time, etc). Very easy. The second manager was more informal. He told me about the project and then just looked over my resume. Asked me a few questions (mainly behavioral) and then we just pretty much chatted for the remainder of the time.

After interviewing with the project managers, I met back with one of those engineering managers, he asked me two questions (I know one of them was: How do you handle deadlines). I ended the interview by going back to the HR person where she asked me a few questions on salary, previous employment, and willingness to relocate.

I can tell after these interviews that Lockheed Martin doesn't not care much of your technical skills (not saying that they are not important), they would teach you what you need to know. They are more concerned with how you would react to certain situations and how well you would fit and work in a team.

They said they would give me a call in a week with their decision, but after two weeks I have not heard anything. It was a great experience, but I definitely don't want to live in Texas so whether they call me or not, I don't want the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person?   View Answer