Lockheed Martin

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online the end of October and wasn't called for an interview until the beginning of December. The first one is an initial screening done by the HR and if you pass you are given an on site interview which is covered by the company. On the day of the interview I was told that it was going to be very informal and meet with 6 of the team members. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time for 45 min. Each. The interview covered a lot of what the job entailed and I was asked questions to make sure I fit the part. Everyone was very nice and professional however I was disappointed with the way they handled the communication of the following steps. I was told I would be contacted within the next week. I was never contacted by the company and had to send the HR team a few emails for them to finally let me know that I would not be offered the job. I don't mind that I didn't get an offer but I didn't like not knowing for so long and then never even getting a formal rejection letter was also pretty disappointing especially because I really wanted to work for this company.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were based off of your resume and past experiences. Be sure to use the STAR format when answering questions and know your resume very well. Make sure to do your research about the company beforehand because they will ask you questions about it to see if you have done your homework.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Systems Engineer Associate
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position after reading the description on the company website. About 3 weeks later I received a call asking to schedule a phone interview. I interviewed on the phone with one person, who would be my manager. After discussing the requisition in more detail, she went through my resume asking questions about my different projects, what challenges I faced, etc. Other questions were fairly common and expected - none technical or remarkably difficult. After the phone interview, I followed up with a thank you, then followed up again asking where I stood in the process, and received no message in return. From there I assumed I didn't make the cut.

Interview Question – The most interesting question I was posed was whether or not I would feel comfortable voicing my opinions in a group of people with far more experience than I. It came after discussing that the company as a whole is trying to bring new ideas to the table to improve processes.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied at a university job fair. Had a short informal interview/meeting with the recruiters the next day. Then was contacted a month later for an interview on site in California with the space systems company.

Interview Question – I spoke with many other candidates before and after the interviews. Some were asked some very difficult technical questions, such as transforming a transfer function from the frequency to time domain, but most weren't really asked anything. My own interview was so uninvolved that I was sure I was not going to receive an offer. But, I got the offer-- very strange.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay offered was very low and non negotiable. $67,000 in Sunnyvale California. They want graduating engineer students from the top of their class at half of what these new engineers can get elsewhere.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted for a "hiring event" via email - I was in NY and the interview was in CA -they paid airfare, food, and hotel during the process - although it was very rushed. Interviewed with two different managers who both asked identical questions and advice was given to come up with slightly different answers for each person so that you were not telling the same story twice (i.e. the interviewers then have more to talk to each other about). Was contacted about two weeks later with an offer, accepted on the spot.

Interview Question – Can't remember any specific question but it was odd to me that both interviewers asked identical questions.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone to fly out to Lockheed Martin for an interview. Very laid back interview process. For me, it was two thirty minute interviews that were behavioral. They will review your resume and ask questions from it as well as your standard behavioral questions. Study your answers beforehand and make a good impression with the recruiters.

Interview Question – Describe System Engineering for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2009.

Interview Details – My interview was for a Systems Engineering postion. No technical questions were asked. All questions were behavioral in nature. The interview for those coming in at a salary grade 2 will generally be based on whether or not you will be a good cultural fit to the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant, Senior Interview

Administrative Assistant, Senior
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2009.

Interview Details – Worked as a contractor for 6mo. appliled online and landed an interview. The contract work helped. The managers I supported were great and offered raving referrals. My previous experience was key.

Interview Question – Didn't get any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took 4 hours. I was asked to give a technical presentation to a group of staff members. They asked several questions during and after the presentation. Following my presentation, there were 5 individual interviews with other staff members. They interviewed 3 other candidates later that week, and I received a phone call the following week that I was selected for the position.

Interview Question – I was asked about my proposal writing skills and how I would manage incorrect information in group and individual settings. All other questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter called me and asked me what salary I wanted. I gave them a number, based off of similar positions in the area. Then I explained I had a competing offer. They offered me 11k more than I asked, so I was quite happy.

Product Support Engineer Interview

Product Support Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – I applied to a bunch of other position but not this particular position. I feel like i was a filler that the HR needed but I really wanted to work for Lockheed so I went.

i supposed to have a manager and a senior engineer interview me. but one of them had to go due to a problem on the production floor

HR contacted me on monday and interview was on thursday.

i didn't get my rejection until i called both my hiring manger and HR person so when they say a week..make sure you follow up

Interview Question – why do you want to work for lockheed?
tell me more about yourself
  Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Mechanical Engineer I
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had an internship with them previous. Had one phone interview with basic behavioral questions and got the offer.

Interview Question – Most were Q's were just naming instances where a project/team had problems and how you resolved them   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was low for the cost of living in the area

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin interview questions and advice in Sunnyvale, CA. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.