Lockheed Martin

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was sudden, LM gave me less then 24 hour notice for it. I was interviewed by 2 personnel, neither of which was a manager, they could not answer specific questions about benefits, holidays, pay... ect only give a general answer that would apply to almost any company.
Application is lengthy and there are numerous other forms and items that have to be completed for a full background investigation. I spent 4 weeks sending in additional documentation to the background investigation company before the background investigation was complete. Recruiter was slow in response to any questions including start date and other important job related questions.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question: Would you be willing to work 45 hours a week and only get paid for 40?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very slow, the recruiter took usually a week or more each time I asked any question or when I countered the offer for more.

Systems Administrator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2010.

Interview Details – 30 minute interview, no biggie.

Interview Question – These are stock interviews, you either know your stuff or you don't. Focus on being a long term employee with 20+ years in the company, that's what Lockheed Martin wants. Great company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They set the price, you take it or leave it. Good wages back then, DoD cutback are drawing down all Defense Industry wages.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Administrator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2010.

Interview Details – Spent about a half hour talking to one of the IT Managers and another half hour to one of the System Leads. They each asked a few tech related questions and that was about it.

Interview Question – None really. Was asked about Active Directory and VMware.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Administrator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2011.

Interview Details – Currently Lockheed is interested in hiring individuals with very little experience, but they do prefer a high level of education. This allows the company to make a low offer; however, they will not negotiate, you take the offer or they move on to the next person. This is perfect for recent college graduates, but obviously not good for experienced professionals. If you are an experienced professional, expect to receive an offer lower than what you are currently making; for example, for a Systems Administrator currently making $60-$80k, expect an offer of $45-$60k. Of course, Lockheed offers a great deal of perks and the ability to set your own hours, which is certainly worth a bit of monetary compensation.

As for the interview, the company is not concerned with formalities. You'll meet with the Project Manager and discuss education. If they like you, they will advise you not to expect a large amount of compensation. The entire hiring process is very slow, between 3 and 4 months, be patient.

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do NOT negotiate with Lockheed, you will not gain anything. Take the offer or leave it, you certainly do not want to burn bridges if you are considering different positions within the company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin Systems Administrator interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.