Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX).

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair. I was then called by HR a few weeks later asking if I'd like to attend one of three interview sessions in three different states (California, Texas, Arizona). I chose Texas and a few weeks later they flew me (as well as about 2 dozen others) in to interview with a few managers. This lasted most of the morning, then they provided lunch and gave us tours of the facilities in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions were asked. Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager. Discussed my background and how I would deal with a difficult person. After the interview I was contacted by HR to obtain information necessary to conduct a background check.

Interview Questions

• Would would you deal with working with/for a person who was noted for being difficult to work for   Answer Question

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to attend an hiring event in Dallas. I interviewed on Friday and had a offer letter sent to me on Monday. I think it was very nice to be able to get an opportunity to get to see the production line of F-35s. They also put me on schedule to interview for another position but I wasn't aware about it until halfway through that interview. I had asked the HR/(person who scheduled me) if it was for the same position or a different one and he did say it was for the same position.... :/ (left a little awkward because I didn't want what position I was interviewing for... but I went along with the flow) *Note: I got an offer but I haven't officially accepted it as I got it just a couple of hours back :/

Interview Questions

• STAR type questions, Very relaxed interview, they asked me a lot of questions based on my resume... so my suggestion would be know your resume well   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I interviewed first with the person I was replacing. Then, I interviewed with the hiring manager, then the customer. Got a contingent offer after interviewing with the hiring manager, and a full offer after customer approval.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate the customer's systems engineering process, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Generally Lockheed Martin does not negotiate much - very much a take it or leave it offer. Anything more requires a lot more time, and approvals up the HR chain.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different people. Large number of other qualified candidates there. Competitive. They had breakfast and lunch available. They actually flew me in for the interview. They were interviewing for multiple positions so it was pretty stress free.

Interview Questions

• What kind of problems did you encounter with previous jobs. How did you respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews on the same day. Interviews aren't difficult if you have the merits to back your statements. However, for top secret clearance the government took about 9 months to give clearance. I would recommend not going for a top secret position if you need a job in the near future.

Interview Questions

• A problem with (blank system) has occurred, how do you Handel it?   Answer Question
    • What was your most rewarding engineering moment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online, was contacted by a recruiter about an on-site interview in Syracuse, NY. Company paid for flight/rental/meals. The on-site interview consisted of a presentation by HR and an engineer for about 1 - 1.5 hours to a group of about 12 candidates, and a quick-ish tour, and then everyone was split up to different rooms to be interviewed 1-on-1. There were 3 back-to-back interviews, each about an hour, with 3 different people, of varying seniority (sr. managers, lead engr, 'entry level' managers). The interviewers all had a sheet of questions which they wanted the candidate to answer in 'STAR' format. All behavioral questions, asking to draw on my past experiences, and some occasional probing question (slightly technical) that asked something a little deeper about an experience or project I mentioned. One slightly frustrating part was that the interviewers all had the same questions, and preferred if I gave a different answer for each time I was asked a given question (this was challenging for some of the tougher behavioral questions). After interviews was lunch and a chance for final questions before wrapping up early afternoon. Overall very pleasant experience; enjoyed talking to my interviewers. Showing significant knowledge of the companies current contracts and related contracts seemed to catch a lot of attention. Received a phone call telling me to expect an email offer about a week after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've had to work with a group of tough people, and what you did to overcome any difficulties.   1 Answer

Wasn't a huge fan of the surrounding area, and not quite sure I want to go into Systems Engineering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Interview

I applied online, got back from HR within 1-2 months. Straight to on site interview. But sometimes they will have HR call you first to do the screening questions, for example, are you US citizen? I got a pre-employment form after 30 minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Majority interview questions are behavioral and your school/project works.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Invited to a hiring event for Lockheed Martin for a Systems Engineer Associate position. Interview was fairly straight forward, and had a great time as a tour was also given.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online the end of October and wasn't called for an interview until the beginning of December. The first one is an initial screening done by the HR and if you pass you are given an on site interview which is covered by the company. On the day of the interview I was told that it was going to be very informal and meet with 6 of the team members. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time for 45 min. Each. The interview covered a lot of what the job entailed and I was asked questions to make sure I fit the part. Everyone was very nice and professional however I was disappointed with the way they handled the communication of the following steps. I was told I would be contacted within the next week. I was never contacted by the company and had to send the HR team a few emails for them to finally let me know that I would not be offered the job. I don't mind that I didn't get an offer but I didn't like not knowing for so long and then never even getting a formal rejection letter was also pretty disappointing especially because I really wanted to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based off of your resume and past experiences. Be sure to use the STAR format when answering questions and know your resume very well. Make sure to do your research about the company beforehand because they will ask you questions about it to see if you have done your homework.   Answer Question