Lockheed Martin

Getting the Interview

35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Moorestown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview and then an all day interview with probably six engineers, first met with HR and she went over benefits before interview started because relocation was offered if I got the job and it was a good deal. I was asked about my experience at another company doing similar work, explained what I did at the company and I had brought my reviews from my other company which were very good. They took me on a tour and explained a model ship in the lobby.

Interview Question – It was a very straight forward interview, nothing difficult I had the experience required and got the job.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online the end of October and wasn't called for an interview until the beginning of December. The first one is an initial screening done by the HR and if you pass you are given an on site interview which is covered by the company. On the day of the interview I was told that it was going to be very informal and meet with 6 of the team members. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time for 45 min. Each. The interview covered a lot of what the job entailed and I was asked questions to make sure I fit the part. Everyone was very nice and professional however I was disappointed with the way they handled the communication of the following steps. I was told I would be contacted within the next week. I was never contacted by the company and had to send the HR team a few emails for them to finally let me know that I would not be offered the job. I don't mind that I didn't get an offer but I didn't like not knowing for so long and then never even getting a formal rejection letter was also pretty disappointing especially because I really wanted to work for this company.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were based off of your resume and past experiences. Be sure to use the STAR format when answering questions and know your resume very well. Make sure to do your research about the company beforehand because they will ask you questions about it to see if you have done your homework.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2013.

Interview Details – Got invited to an interview on campus, thought everything went well. No technical questions though.

Interview Question – Getting the follow up call.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Invited to a hiring event for Lockheed Martin for a Systems Engineer Associate position. Interview was fairly straight forward, and had a great time as a tour was also given.

Interview Question – How do you define success?   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone to fly out to Lockheed Martin for an interview. Very laid back interview process. For me, it was two thirty minute interviews that were behavioral. They will review your resume and ask questions from it as well as your standard behavioral questions. Study your answers beforehand and make a good impression with the recruiters.

Interview Question – Describe System Engineering for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2009.

Interview Details – My interview was for a Systems Engineering postion. No technical questions were asked. All questions were behavioral in nature. The interview for those coming in at a salary grade 2 will generally be based on whether or not you will be a good cultural fit to the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Lockheed comes to campus and gives an info session. At the info session you network with the recruiters and turn in your resume. They'll call you for an on campus interview. If you pass the on campus interview they'll call you in for an on site interview if not they won't bother notifying you.

Interview Question – Most questions depend on your resume. They mostly ask you questions about your experience and how those experiences would help in a systems engineering role.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Applied online, the process was very fast paced. I received an email from the HR to see if I wanted to come in for the interview. I agreed. Then I met with the drecruiter and she told me about the job. Then I had two 45 min interviews with two engineers

Interview Question – They asked me about specific techincal questions to see if I knew   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just through email

Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2012.

Interview Details – They held a information session at my university, and called a few people for interviews on campus the next week. I asked if there was going to be one interview, or if they were going to make this into a three part thing. I asked this because they seemed to really like me in the interview. After that interview was done, i got a call a couple weeks later for another interview, which is the opposite of what they said would happen. The first interview was just basic things like do you like to work in a group or by yourself, and how you felt about systems engineering. Also which would be the field you would be most interested in, from the system engineers position. The second interview basically went over my resume again and asked for any extra curricular activities and/or side projects i've done that can match with electrical engineering. I was told if i pass the second interview, then a third interview would be done.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was do you do extra things aside from school or worked on any project. I'll be honest, and say I focus a lot on school and I dont have time to play with things that aren't related to my school work. It felt cheap trying to take things I did before school and try to pretend they were engineering related.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. mostly based on my experience, no true technical questions.

Interview Question – Explain this clock to me   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees and interview candidates.