Lockheed Martin

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.4

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Multiple interviews with different people. Large number of other qualified candidates there. Competitive. They had breakfast and lunch available. They actually flew me in for the interview. They were interviewing for multiple positions so it was pretty stress free.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of problems did you encounter with previous jobs. How did you respond.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2014.

Submitted an application online, was contacted by a recruiter about an on-site interview in Syracuse, NY. Company paid for flight/rental/meals. The on-site interview consisted of a presentation by HR and an engineer for about 1 - 1.5 hours to a group of about 12 candidates, and a quick-ish tour, and then everyone was split up to different rooms to be interviewed 1-on-1. There were 3 back-to-back interviews, each about an hour, with 3 different people, of varying seniority (sr. managers, lead engr, 'entry level' managers). The interviewers all had a sheet of questions which they wanted the candidate to answer in 'STAR' format. All behavioral questions, asking to draw on my past experiences, and some occasional probing question (slightly technical) that asked something a little deeper about an experience or project I mentioned. One slightly frustrating part was that the interviewers all had the same questions, and preferred if I gave a different answer for each time I was asked a given question (this was challenging for some of the tougher behavioral questions).

After interviews was lunch and a chance for final questions before wrapping up early afternoon.

Overall very pleasant experience; enjoyed talking to my interviewers.

Showing significant knowledge of the companies current contracts and related contracts seemed to catch a lot of attention.

Received a phone call telling me to expect an email offer about a week after interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you've had to work with a group of tough people, and what you did to overcome any difficulties.   View Answer

Wasn't a huge fan of the surrounding area, and not quite sure I want to go into Systems Engineering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online, got back from HR within 1-2 months. Straight to on site interview. But sometimes they will have HR call you first to do the screening questions, for example, are you US citizen? I got a pre-employment form after 30 minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Majority interview questions are behavioral and your school/project works.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Invited to a hiring event for Lockheed Martin for a Systems Engineer Associate position. Interview was fairly straight forward, and had a great time as a tour was also given.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2013.

I applied online the end of October and wasn't called for an interview until the beginning of December. The first one is an initial screening done by the HR and if you pass you are given an on site interview which is covered by the company. On the day of the interview I was told that it was going to be very informal and meet with 6 of the team members. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time for 45 min. Each. The interview covered a lot of what the job entailed and I was asked questions to make sure I fit the part. Everyone was very nice and professional however I was disappointed with the way they handled the communication of the following steps. I was told I would be contacted within the next week. I was never contacted by the company and had to send the HR team a few emails for them to finally let me know that I would not be offered the job. I don't mind that I didn't get an offer but I didn't like not knowing for so long and then never even getting a formal rejection letter was also pretty disappointing especially because I really wanted to work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were based off of your resume and past experiences. Be sure to use the STAR format when answering questions and know your resume very well. Make sure to do your research about the company beforehand because they will ask you questions about it to see if you have done your homework.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2013.

Was contacted by phone to fly out to Lockheed Martin for an interview. Very laid back interview process. For me, it was two thirty minute interviews that were behavioral. They will review your resume and ask questions from it as well as your standard behavioral questions. Study your answers beforehand and make a good impression with the recruiters.

No negotiation

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Lockheed comes to campus and gives an info session. At the info session you network with the recruiters and turn in your resume. They'll call you for an on campus interview. If you pass the on campus interview they'll call you in for an on site interview if not they won't bother notifying you.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions depend on your resume. They mostly ask you questions about your experience and how those experiences would help in a systems engineering role.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Applied online, the process was very fast paced. I received an email from the HR to see if I wanted to come in for the interview. I agreed. Then I met with the drecruiter and she told me about the job. Then I had two 45 min interviews with two engineers

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about specific techincal questions to see if I knew   Answer Question
    Just through email

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Very easy interview. mostly based on my experience, no true technical questions.

Systems Engineer Interview

Applied online, received phone call within a week asking me if I would like to come to Lockheed Martin for an interview. They flew me down and I was interviewed by 4 different people for 30 minutes each. All behavioral questions and questions about my past work on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had conflict within a team.   Answer Question