Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

Applied online via their website. I was contacted about 2 weeks later from a hiring manager for about a fifteen minute phone screen. I was notified on the phone that they were going to bring me in for an in person interview. I was contacted by HR confirming the interview time, and filled out an application to interview. Lockheed Martin does offer to pay for interview travel expenses if you are far enough from the facility (any more than a 45 minute drive or so should be paid for by the company). The interview was fairly standard, I met with a couple managers and an HR representative. Standard questions, mainly involving past experiences, and several questions highlighting leadership experiences. There were no technical questions per se, but there were high level questions about systems and MATLAB usage. It took about a month to hear back, but I was informed that I did not get the position. Lockheed was very professional throughout the process and were very respectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when, in a leadership position, someone was having trouble meeting deadlines and what you did to accomplish the task.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Systems Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

First it was a really basic phone screening. Then a two days interview at the facilities at Orlando, FL. The first day it was directly from the airport to LM facilities (so be ready with your nice attire) for a presentation about the program and about the company to all students (a group of about 35), then to the hotel, and then a diner with the hiring managers (3 managers and 3 students per table). Second day an icebreaker (teams of 4 students to solve a challenge), then a facility tour, then presentations from integrands of the program, and finally a panel interview. The interview was a regular panel interview with 4 managers/HR, one made a question, then the other manager made a question, then the other, and again in a circle of questions. It was a bit disappointing on the way the questions was delivered, they was just reading the question, I was expecting a conversation like interview, not a question/answer robotic way. After all we had a regular group diner and then they let us free to “have fun” on the area. Next morning to the airport.

Interview Questions

• All was behavioral question: Tell me about a time when you…   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online for the position after reading the description on the company website. About 3 weeks later I received a call asking to schedule a phone interview. I interviewed on the phone with one person, who would be my manager. After discussing the requisition in more detail, she went through my resume asking questions about my different projects, what challenges I faced, etc. Other questions were fairly common and expected - none technical or remarkably difficult. After the phone interview, I followed up with a thank you, then followed up again asking where I stood in the process, and received no message in return. From there I assumed I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question I was posed was whether or not I would feel comfortable voicing my opinions in a group of people with far more experience than I. It came after discussing that the company as a whole is trying to bring new ideas to the table to improve processes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Burlington, MA) in October 2007.

Interview

I actually interviewed for my position three years before, but I have more recently interviewed candidates. Back when I interviewed, I only had one round and they offered me the job on the spot, because it was a recruiting day at an area hotel and HR was there. I have not seen that happen since. For an entry engineering position, the interviews have typically been 30 minutes or so with the senior manager followed by an hour and a half of 2 engineers interviewing the one candidate. Questions are open ended behavioral interviewing to find out more about the candidate's technical, problem solving,creativity, interpersonal and teamwork skills, flexibility, initiative, etc. A question might be "Tell me about a time when you had to think outside the box." Based on your answer, follow up questions are asked. You are also asked about what is on your resume and maybe your knowledge of what we do in the office, not just Lockheed Martin. One of my co-workers seems to get annoyed when you don't know. There is time for questions at the end. Then there is a lunch with an engineer that is more social followed by a debriefing. The senior manager is ultra picky, but as far as the engineers, it rotates, so it depends on who you get.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through this paper you published last year which I found on the internet?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Interview

Very formal interview process that started on a college campus. This interview was 1:1 with an alumni. Received a call back after the college interview to come to Washington, D.C. for a second round of interviews. The second round consisted of ~6 interviews with 6 managers. After the second round I received an offer via email and snail mail.

Interview Questions

• Please describe an example where you held a leadership position and had to address lack of performance to a team member.   1 Answer