Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.5

Intelligence Analyst Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC).

Interview

Got an interview through referrals. Flew me out and had me stay in a hotel for an interview that was only 20 minutes and very strait forward (not behavioral, just people taking turns asking questions off of a sheet of paper). Got an email from HR a week asking me to complete some paperwork, then got an offer the week after. Very easy interview and laid back.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you do the first few weeks on the job? 2. Would you rather be in a creative or hierarchical, structured environment? 3. What makes you different than other candidates? 4. Strengths and Weaknesses 5. What type of people do you work best with? 6. Describe yourself in 6 words.   5 Answers

Senior Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Met my Program Manager at customer site. He was polite and very easy going. It was in a office area, just my PM and me. He started the process with general conservation. He then progress to more indepth questions on my skillset as it relates to the position.

Interview Questions

• Discuss my background as it related to the position. Discuss other opportunities with the program as a Instructor General conservation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took a month from the time I submitted my application to the time I was contacted about getting an interview, and from there, the process took one week from the interview to receive an offer. The interview was surprisingly easy. I was expecting for them to drill me with technical questions, but all the questions were focused on soft skills. At the end, I joked about it saying, "I'm relieved, I thought you were going to ask me about technical stuff." The guy who interviewed me responded by saying that the reason I was even in the room was because they thought that I was solid on the technical side. Thus, the questions were typical of every interview that I have had so far. They asked about challenges that I had to overcome, about leadership positions that I have taken over my academic career, about the internships on my resume and what skills I learned from them, etc. I would say that I am comfortable talking about these things in an interview, so the interview for me was pretty easy. The sad thing was that the offer that they ultimately extended me was incredibly low. Not only was it 8-10k below the national average for this position, but the job was located in Washington, D.C. I told my recruiter that this number undervalued my skills in the current market, especially in an incredibly expensive city, and I countered with what I found to be the national average (salary.com had it at around 66k) or the option to obtain this offer for a cheaper city. They declined the counter and I subsequently declined the original offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially a total of 12 candidates including myself were sitting in a conference room. Nobody knew what positions they were being interviewed for or where they would be. A few managers came in, intorduced themselves, and talked about how the day would go. Basically, each manager worked on a different project and needed someone or knew another manager that needed someone.They were looking to fill multiple positions and just wanted to cast a wide net. So they would pull you into their office for about 30 minutes and interview you. I had 3 interviews, some people had two, others had 4 but the schedule was predetermined. If you didn't have an interview at that time you just sat with the other candidates and talked. I really only had one or two questions the whole time. It was more conversational rather than an typical interview, and there were no technical questions. It went really well for me, and Ive been doing background checks with the company. Still, its been about a month or two and theres been no offer yet

Interview Questions

• How would you try to convince a senior worker to try a new method What projects interest you How do you work with other people   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Bethesda, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview which primarily asked about leadership experience. Then I was flown to there CLE company owned hotel in Maryland. There was a reception dinner which ended with a lot of brief overviews of the different business segments. The next morning I had a panel interview with 3 people. That was the only interview and they really have a hard time if you do not use their star responses. I know from one other person who interviewed that you really have no say in where you end up first and what you will do. Also there pay is below average. Do not tell them what you have been offered before because they are known to low ball as much as they can.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were forced to sacrifice quality. No technical questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later I got an email from a recruiter asking to set up a meeting. I scheduled a day and drove up and had an hour long interview with the manager and another member of my team. They asked me no technical questions and asked me to explain things that I had on my resume. They in turn let me ask questions, and so I did. As I left, I asked the manager why there weren't any technical questions and he said that if you managed to graduate then they assume you know the base knowledge. Talking about stuff on your resume let them know whether you knew your stuff or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had another offer and so they were able to match my new offer to just a little under the other offer, which I preferred since the other offer was a lot farther from home than I wanted.

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was invited to attend an event where I would be interviewed by several hiring managers for several different positions in a single day. There was no specific job or department represented; there where even several subsidiaries represented. It was a pleasant enough experience, but honestly fairly awkward as many interviewers were unaware that the those they were interviewing had not specifically applied for their group/division. It seemed to many of us that the company had attempted to do some sort of matching program without telling anyone ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Many managers asked why I wanted to work in their group, but for the most part I was unclear what the job they were filling was, or had even heard of the subsidiary until that meeting. This made it difficult to know how to answer - the opportunity to work with the company was clearly interesting, but there was no background on the sort of roles they were looking to fill.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in Vienna, Va. Pretty simple, if you need travel assistance they will take care of everything. Lockheed also reimburses you if you do not go through their assistance hotline. Simple questions about your resume then the hiring manager will tell you about themselves. Only took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is your career end goal? What do you see yourself doing whether it be a technical route or managerial route.   1 Answer

Communicationq Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very awful the interviewer didn't know what to ask, i asked tougher questions than they did and i think that pissed them off. i wasn't sure were they were trying to get at in their interview process ans they lost me at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions tell me about yourself etc   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Gaithersburg, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

When I submitted my application online I was put in touch with a recruitment officer who set up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to an on-site meeting a few weeks later which consisted of a tour and three one on one interviews with managers of different locations. I received an offer within two weeks of the interviews and was given a week to accept.

Interview Questions

• Questions were non-technical and mostly about what I like to do or how I would describe myself. It included things like how I like to spend my free time, and what are some of my biggest accomplishments.   1 Answer