Lockton Companies Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
30 interviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Completed one phone interview, and then an in person interview that included a Microsoft Office aptitude test. The test was very difficult, and I can't imagine that I answered more than 50% of the questions correctly, but they still accepted me. The interviewer was an HR rep, and he was very nice and made the interview into a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview by far was the Microsoft Office Test. They really did a full comprehensive analysis of my skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook and I was very unprepared for this. I handled myself alright in Word and Excel due to frequent use of the programs throughout high school and in college, but I had never used Outlook before and my test certainly reflected that.   Answer Question

Technical Services Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockton Companies.

The hiring process started with one phone interview (after initial resume submission) that lasted about 30 minutes and then an in person interview at the office that lasted about 30 minutes. The overall time between the submission of my resume and hiring offer was about 3 to 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that your current manager say that you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Lockton Companies.

The interview is easy and nothing tricky. They would like to hire someone to help them prepare documents especially during the renewal seasons. Basically, they just go over your resume and ask you basic questions.

No negotiation.

Account Administrator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lockton Companies.

It took a couple of weeks to hear back. I had to follow up with the HR director a couple of times. They brought me in and paid for a hotel for me as I was from out of state. This was in December and I didn't hear anything over the holidays so I followed up in January and was offered the position.

No negotiation. I was offered the position into the training program and accepted.

Intern Interview

Sent in a resume and received a phone call from HR asking for a phone interview. A week later called into a phone interview with three members of their office.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty laid back interview. Tell us about your major at your school. Tell us about yourself. Dont really pay too much attention to your answer but with how you handle yourself when answering the questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockton Companies in January 2010.

Too easy.. Which is a "red flag" as they hire anyone with a pulse.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was too easy. Very basic. Seems that they are desperate to hire anyone just to fill that empty desk.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lockton Companies.

Met with a recruiter on my university campus and then was called in for a interview on-site a few weeks later. The on-site interview was with two employees who went through my previous experience and just basic interview questions. Overall, the whole hiring process was laid back and enjoyable throughout.

No negotiation

Account Manager Interview

The interview process was easy!

Interview Questions
    They offered what I asked for .

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Lockton Companies in June 2012.

Multiple interviews starting with an HR screening on the phone. A week later was asked to come in for an in person interview where they were unable to decide what and where I would be the best fit. I met with a lot of people including the CEO who seemed like a cheerful fellow though he had not seen my resume before that day. I had to take an excel proficiency test as well as some sort of intelligence test (that i later learnt that I scored in the 90 percentile! go me!). A week or so later I was called back to meet with a practice leader in an all together different department. He informed me that I would most likely receive an offer, but did not hear from him for three weeks and then suddenly was called in to interview again as management had witnessed some changes. The interim practice leader hired me on the spot and was very approachable. Thereafter, I received my offer the next evening, and I accepted instantly.

Interview Questions
    • The CEO asked me to describe my relationship with my father. I found this peculiar but answered in good earnest. No peculiar questions, mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Technical Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lockton Companies in January 2012.

I got the initial interview through a temp agency. I was interviewed first by HR and then called back for a second interview with the SVP of operations, who oversaw the department for my position. After my first interview, I was asked to complete a skills test including typing accuracy and utilization of Microsoft applications.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time at a previous job where you disagreed with your manager, and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    I was hired on as a temp, and after about 16 weeks, given an offer from the company. I did not negotiate, but when my review came, the pay increase I received was more than I was going to ask for anyway.

Worked for Lockton Companies? Contribute to the Community!