Lockton Companies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockton Companies (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Was referred by an employee of Lockton.

The interview process was very relaxed and comfortable. When I arrived to their office, I first took an assessment test on Word, Outlook, and Excel. I highly recommend you brush up on your knowledge, but the test is not very difficult so don't over think it. After I finished the assessment, I interviewed with two people and felt very comfortable. Just make sure to look the part (ex: wear a suit)! I connected with the interviewer's immediately. Be yourself and have fun!

Technical Services Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockton Companies.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with the recruiter. She asked the basic interview questions about my previous work experience and what level of experience I had with Microsoft Office programs. This call lasted about 45 minutes. I was then given an online assessment to score my level of knowledge on language, math and work ethics. The second interview was an in-person panel session with the hiring manager and the director of the certifications department. They took turns asking questions about my resume and skills I had listed. We discussed my duties and responsibilities with positions I held at other companies. This interview took about an hour after which I was sent to the HR specialist's office to take a math test, a "match the numbers" test and an excel test.

Application

Interview

Very simple interview process. I was referred by an employee.

I was contacted through e-mail to set up a phone interview, and about a week later, I had an office interview with 2 people. Both interviews were very laid-back. They were very energetic and want to learn about you. They had a Microsoft exam, so brush up on your Outlook, Word, and Excel skills. I definitely actually learned new things about those DURING my exam, which was a bit worrying, but I guess I did okay. Just be confident and try to match their energy and respond to them.

Interview Questions

• Most were pretty straightforward questions: how well do you work in groups; tell me about your major...etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with Human Resources and an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager. Interview consisted of pretty basic questions, i.e, tell me about yourself, what are your interests/hobbies?, tell me about your previous work experience, etc.

IT Interview

Interview

Had three interviews. The first was with the hiring manager the second was with team members and what would be peers and last was with the CIO. Was told the first two went well and that the hiring manager and peers really liked me so I got the interview with the CIO. The interview with the CIO was strange with him asking strange questions. After this interview I was told they were passing on me. The CIO had overruled the hiring manger and the teams decision. The CIO clearly micro manages his teams and should never be involved in the hiring process of a front line employee (would have been three reports away manager, VP, CIO) in the first place. Needless to say I would never work for Lockton.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions for the first two interviews with some being redundant of course. The 3rd interview was perception questions on the overall philosophy of how to run IT.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Completed one phone interview, and then an in person interview that included a Microsoft Office aptitude test. The test was very difficult, and I can't imagine that I answered more than 50% of the questions correctly, but they still accepted me. The interviewer was an HR rep, and he was very nice and made the interview into a conversation.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview by far was the Microsoft Office Test. They really did a full comprehensive analysis of my skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook and I was very unprepared for this. I handled myself alright in Word and Excel due to frequent use of the programs throughout high school and in college, but I had never used Outlook before and my test certainly reflected that.   Answer Question

Technical Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockton Companies.

Interview

The hiring process started with one phone interview (after initial resume submission) that lasted about 30 minutes and then an in person interview at the office that lasted about 30 minutes. The overall time between the submission of my resume and hiring offer was about 3 to 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is something that your current manager say that you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lockton Companies.

Interview

The interview is easy and nothing tricky. They would like to hire someone to help them prepare documents especially during the renewal seasons. Basically, they just go over your resume and ask you basic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Account Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lockton Companies.

Interview

It took a couple of weeks to hear back. I had to follow up with the HR director a couple of times. They brought me in and paid for a hotel for me as I was from out of state. This was in December and I didn't hear anything over the holidays so I followed up in January and was offered the position.

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered the position into the training program and accepted.

Intern Interview

Interview

Sent in a resume and received a phone call from HR asking for a phone interview. A week later called into a phone interview with three members of their office.

Interview Questions

• Pretty laid back interview. Tell us about your major at your school. Tell us about yourself. Dont really pay too much attention to your answer but with how you handle yourself when answering the questions.   Answer Question