Loews Hotels

2.7

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loews Hotels in October 2014.

Applied online. Turn around was fairly quick. Phoner with corporate recruiter, who had answers to all the questions one could ask. In-person with the hiring manager followed, pretty standard and straightforward, though hiring manager did ask that age old question "What else should we be doing?" which is always tricky because I am not here to give you free ideas. (Hiring manager took few free ideas offered and incorporated them immediately, BTW.)

Didn't move further in the process, but here's the thing: the recruiter actually updated me that I wasn't moving forward in the process. Unheard of in this day and age, and so welcome. Across the board, the company handled the process with a professionalism that is rarely seen these days.

Bell Captain Interview

The hiring process can take a couple of weeks, they have multiple interviews you need to pass in order to land the position. Phone screenings with basic communication questions. Phone screening with the hiring department manager that can then pass you on to an in person interview with department manager then director.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any question too technical about the position but more about my managing style and situational questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Bartender Interview

Very pleasant everyone is really nice

None

Engineer Interview

I had no interview, I was hired by Interstate management co. 19 years ago. Then Loews took over about 7 years ago and they just started letting all older employees go.

Valet Interview

You go through 3 interviews first one is with Human Resources and they ask you some basic questions mostly about past employment. Second, is with the Valet manager who asks you questions to see how you would react in certain situations. 3rd is with the supervisor who basically just wants to get to know you.

Pool Attendant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Loews Hotels.

First interview was with someone in HR and then was asked to have a second interview with a manager. A couple days later I got a call to do a talent assessment.

HOUSEMAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Loews Hotels in June 2013.

my first interview was with human resources was very polite ,they check my police record my experience,
    why I left my others jobs. after that they told me ,there is a union in the hotel.
    if I was agree to sign with them; of course I say yes. after that I have interview with the banquet manager

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Isle of Palms, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Isle of Palms, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Loews Hotels in May 2012.

Apply through company owned website. Submit resume and all necessary documents through same website. Receive acceptance or denial within two weeks usually. Will contact your references. Interview involved phone call and few behavioral questions. Background check should always happen since its such a large company and you are dealing with many guests all day. Meet at HR with credentials and fill out paperwork. Go over rules and codes of conduct and atmosphere and standards. Train at different shift locations for a couple of days supervised.

Interview Questions
    • Having done several interviews pertaining to jobs involving professions in management, accounting, and law, their were not any questions that even crossed my mind as being difficult to answer unless there was something you had to hide from them   Answer Question
    There wasnt really a negotiating phase. Terms were set beforehand and upon applying and the interview being completed you receive electronically letter of acceptance and terms of offer.

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Loews Hotels in February 2011.

Interview questions were not related to the position. The interviewer who was the A/D of Security didn’t seem like that person was prepared or was qualified for that person’s position. The interviewer didn’t seem that interested in even interviewing me, as they had to interview a certain number of people outside of the company before giving it to the inside person. I had to call several times after the interview to find out what the outcome was. I left several messages, but the A/D of Security never called me back. Finally after about three weeks I called and spoke to the A/D of Security and that person told me someone from inside got the position. I thought that whole experience was very unprofessional and was a waste of my time.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Loews Hotels in July 2010.

Four interviews in three days: a) screening interview over the phone w/ HR; b) onsite with hiring mgr; c) onsite with division head; d) "personality test" over the phone. Breezed through a), b) and c). Very fast scheduling of all contact with employer; they seemed motivated to hire. "Personality test" on the phone was something I had never experienced and, frankly, seemed out of line with job-fit or skill set evaluations. Was on speaker phone throughout and interviewer was vague with instructions and objectives for an hour-long list of "tell me about when" questions. However, this phone interviewer did promise a follow-up response from the company regarding when a position would be offered. Never happened. All interviewers were sent a courtesy thank-you note and one followup note was sent to hiring manager inquiring about status. No response from anyone. Position posting disappeared from online 3 weeks later. [References were supplied but not contacted and no background check was performed.]

I DO NOT recommend this firm as a potential employer -- employees were in exceptionally cramped, temporary office spaces, seated at folding tables. Offices were marked with names on slips of paper. They did not appear professional nor like a long-term place of employment despite comments about permanent offices coming in a few months. And, they do not respond with final decision as promised.