Loft9 Consulting

Updated May 15, 2014

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Total of three interviews, firm fit assessment followed by technical skills assessment and the third interview involves a case study during the interview. The case study is related to the kind of work the firm is involved in

Other Interview Reviews for Loft9 Consulting

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Loft9 Consulting.

Was invited to first interview after I had sent Job application. They told me there would be two more. Got encouraging Feedback during the interview e.g. good questions. Then received a no further interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Loft9 Consulting in September 2011.

First interview consisted of a culture interview to see if you would be a good fit with the company and give you opportunity to find out about the culture of the company. Second interview was a background assessment, talking about specific job experiences and how you might handle certain situations. Third interview consists of a written case study and 2 live case studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loft9 Consulting in May 2011.

Contacted by an employee after submitting my resume for a hour long getting to know me interview. The meeting took place in a coffee restaurant. It was very informal. The interview explained if I moved on from the first round I would have two to three more interviews with managers in the company that were case based. I was asked standard questions a bout my background. The only apparent area of concern from the interviewer was my salary expectations, which were already low for the industry. I was no contacted for a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Loft9 Consulting in February 2010.

This was a very intense and comprehensive interview process over a 4-week period. Interview 1 was a standard 1:1 "get to know you" 1-hour interview with one of the founding partners. It included topics such as why I was looking for work, why consulting, what do I know about Loft9 and what are my compensation expectations.

Interview 2 was with the other founding partners and included a deeper dive into my experience and skill set. This interview was more focused on my resume and relevant experience. It also included a live case study in which I was given a business problem and asked to walk through a solution.

Prior to interview 3, I was given a written case study to complete. The case study tested my project management and business analyst skills. While I had a couple days to complete the case study, I was instructed to spend a limited amount of hours actually doing the research and writing of the study. I think this portion of the interview process really helps candidates showcase their skills outside of the 1:1 interview process.

Interview 3 was a very intense, 90 minute interview with both founding partners. This interview included a review of my case study, another review of my skills, questions around my desire to work for Loft9, a large number of behavior questions, another verbal case study and a number of other well planned and well thought questions.

Overall, this was easily the most unique and intense interview process I have ever been in. I would highly recommend a lot of preparation prior to each interview. More importantly, I would recommend honing your overall interview skills. By the time I reached the final interview, I had probably been through 10-plus interviews with various firms in the industry, which helped me with my preparation and confidence.

Interview Questions
    • List the last three things you have learned.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loft9 Consulting in November 2010.

Three phase interview process. Phase one was easy, get-to-know-you and your interests. Phase two got in to the details of my work experience and skills. Phase three involved a written sample, case studies, behavioral questions and more. Phase three was intense but well organized and relevant to the job.

Interview Questions
    Little room for negotiation unless you come with a lot to offer.

Worked for Loft9 Consulting? Contribute to the Community!