LogMeIn Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LogMeIn.

I started with a phone interview, and then was brought in twice to meet with five separate people. After waiting about two weeks, I finally reached out and was told I was just barely edged out by another candidate. About a week later, I was brought back in for a third interview after hearing that the original candidate was not hired on a technicality. After being essentially verbally offered the position, I was told there were "complications" and was left in the dark for another week or two. After reaching out again I was told another candidate was hired. While I think this would be a great place to work, the amount of political insanity I dealt with just during the interview process was unreal. Basically, don't bother applying here unless you know the right people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't too difficult, run-of-the-mill things you'd expect.   Answer Question

Software Testing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LogMeIn.

I traveled from one city to another city for an in person interview and did not get reimbursed for the trip. They agreed on travel reimbursement prior to the interview and no further communication after the interview. I wouldn't have spent time and money if I knew before.

In person interview was disorganized and facility had some problems though the interviewers were nice.

2 phone interviews prior to the in person interview - 1 with recruiter and other with hiring manager. Recruiter was new and couldn't answer general questions.

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LogMeIn.

3 phone interview - recruiter, hiring manager, VP. After that an in-person interview in the office with 4 people. Nothing unusual - questions about experience, brain teasers, behavioral questions.

Was able to negotiate 8% increase in the offer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Overall experience was very good. Painless and everyone was very accommodating and pleasing to deal with. Cool office space.

Interview process:
    Had a phone screen with the recruiter
    Had a phone screen with potential manager
    Interviewed with a few folks for an in-person
    Scenario

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LogMeIn in February 2014.

Fantastic and refreshing company to interview with. From the initial phone screening to the offer letter, the entire process was so quick and took less than a month which is unheard of nowadays. I went through 2 phone screens (first HR, then hiring manager) and then, less than a week later, came in for two rounds of in-person interviews (a total of five people). During all of these, the HR recruiter was fully engaged and genuinely cared about how each step of the process went. It speaks volumes when a company has a recruiter that is passionate about what they do and really takes the time to make sure you are comfortable during the entire interview process.

Similar to a prior posting, be prepared for some challenging questions - but also quite relevant, pointed, and well chosen. Each interviewer was easy to converse with and pleasant to be around. They also provided honest answers to any questions I had. I didn't feel like I was being fed bs at all.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in the first 14 days of your new role?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LogMeIn in May 2013.

HR recruiter: knows the keywords about the roles he's looking to fill, beyond that good luck with anything in depth.

Spoke with another admin for an hour or so. He gave a test or quiz of sorts, answered all his question. The discussion was pretty technical and we agreed on many key issues. He passed on his notes to the next person I spoke with the Manager of the group.

Spoke with the manager of the group, not a very technical person, probably never been in the trenches. He was clearly more concerned about policies and procedures and how people follow them. I can hear he got a little irritated with my responses due to the fact that I responded to him that I follow industry best practices and standard SLAs. Perhaps they are not using BP/Standard SLAs. The next question, he got really upset about and what really got us into a heated debate was "If you are on 24/7 support, what do you do when your phone/pager goes off at 3am when you are sleeping?"

I responded "uh..pick it up?" I guess that wasn't precisely the right answer, we went off on a tangent about how important 24/7 support is and what to do if your sleeping. Honestly I have been doing this for 15 years, I know what 24/7 support is. We ended the conversation there and proceeded to end the phone screen. Never heard from them again, which is great or else I would not be where I am now.

Interview Questions
    • If you are on 24/7 support, what do you do when your phone/pager goes off at 3am when you are sleeping?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at LogMeIn in March 2011.

They were an excellent company to interview with. A very dynamic phone screen with the hiring manager and invitation to interview in person. A team of four people from related cross-functional groups. A young, dynamic, intelligent staff who are both fun and pleasant as well as sharp about their business needs.

A lot of very challenging questions - but I thought they were excellent, pointed and well chosen; nothing 'run of the mill'.

The time they afforded me to ask my own detailed questions was excellent as well. I felt I got honest answers to tough questions and no koolaid which was refreshing.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LogMeIn in January 2010.

Need to have good knowledge of Data structure & Algorithms, programming skills. I had one phone interview round and then an in-person interview.

Didnt negotiate

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LogMeIn in April 2014.

There was a telephone interview, than i had to take an online test. After that I had an interview with three ppl from various scrum teams than a one on one with the HR recruiter. After that a few weeks later had another interview with the Boldchat team. Everybody was kind and helpful. They are looking for experienced canditates... mine was not enough. Ohhh and i saw two dogs in the offices... :)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LogMeIn in March 2014.

I got in via a headhunter. The interview is very easy:
    - first you get an online test with very basic questions
    - then a personal technical interview, also quite easy
    - then an interview with the vice president(s) of the team(s) they're hiring for

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to implement a file upload handler in ASP .NET that is ready for multi-threaded environments   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation