LogRhythm

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LogRhythm in June 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed with seven different people, and that gave me a really good impression of the company. I had a total of about nine hours of interviews over about two months. Getting leadership together for these interviews and for their own meetings took a lot of time, but it was worth it to me because I had an accurate idea of the company and culture before I started. I really enjoyed the process.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard for a Project Manager position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They matched what I asked for, as I provided reports detailing salary ranges that were in line with my requirements. The negotiation process was very easy and the people I spoke with were very agreeable.

Tier III Technical Support Engineer Interview

Tier III Technical Support Engineer
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LogRhythm in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and within the next business day, I was contacted by their Internal Recruiter. The Recruiter asked about my past and experience and why I was looking. I told him I was recently laid off and was looking to find a new employer to expand and develop my already extensive skill set. He asked what I was making, and I told him 80k, he came back and said the job was 75k and would that be ok. I said I was willing to entertain that. After our talk he wanted me to have a phone screen with the hiring manager. I had to call the Recruiter back 2 days later because he didn't get back to me when he said he would (the next day). Had the phone screen, and it was pretty typical for an IT job. They said I would be hearing back, after almost a week, I again reached out to their recruiter. He said he was going to give me a call, but had some concerns on the salary... they "had recently done budgeting, and found they could only offer 65k for this position now". Red flags went off immediately, but I told him I was willing to still entertain that (I was unemployed and had mouths to feed), but after that move, I had already decided it would be a "stepping stone" job, I would use it to pay the bills, until I found something better.

The in person interview I thought went well. Nothing hard, in fact I found it fairly easy. Everyone was really nice, and seemed like they genuinely enjoyed what they were doing. However, after the 3rd different person asked how I felt about starting over, more red flags went off. It sounded like I was not interviewing for Tier 3, but Tier 1, phone duty, as there were a lot of behavioral call related questions asked. I kept the positive attitude up, and ended up finally talking with an Exec. He was condescending and rude, from about the second he walked in. Talked down to me like this was my first IT job (I have been in IT for 15 years). Gave me a lot of grief about my Resume (the other 6 in person interviews I did while unemployed did not), and said some things that again set off red flags for me. "What do you expect to get paid?" I answered with "Well I was originally told the position topped out at 75k...." to which he interrupted me and said "Let's be clear, I am not paying you 75k... I have people out there with Masters Degrees, not making 75k. You don't have a Masters, and anyone coming on here without some sort of Degree would be honored to work along side those people." Ok, well if you have employees with Masters Degrees NOT making 75k... they obviously have no idea what they could actually be making, and I feel sorry for them.

He said that everyone that I had talked to before him had given him really good feedback, so he would see what he could do about an offer. He then said he had issues with my employment history, and just because he had been there 30 years, because I was averaging 4.5 years per position, felt I "skipped around a lot". He again, has no idea, that the AVERAGE time in an IT job, is exactly 4 years... and in those 15 years in IT, I had gone from answering phones, to doing Tier 3 Application Support work and tripled my salary from my very first IT job. All with ZERO SCHOOLING.

In closing, I went in not having very high expectations because a friend of mine had interviewed here as well a year before, and she had the EXACT same game pulled on her, except she was actually offered 15k less than she was originally told the job topped out at. She declined it, and I would have as well, but they again played games after my in person. I reached out a week after the interview to see what the status was and they gave me a song and dance about headcount, and trying to get the fall budget headcount bumped up to spring so they could bring me in, bla bla bla. I never heard back, and never bothered wasting any more of my time. How hard is it to just say "We decided to go in a different direction, but thank you for your interest!"? I landed a job shortly after that, elsewhere... in Cyber Security... for 90k. BOOM!

I felt like because they knew I was unemployed, they were trying to get me for as cheap as they could, knowing I had a family to provide for.

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LogRhythm in June 2013.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews and interview with most of the members of the team. 1st interview was with hiring manager and discussed salary range and he said I was within his budget. Lots of technical questions and problem solving. Team itself seemed to have good morale and attitudes but also seemed to be an underlying tension about the offices.

Interview Question – Lost connectivity to a server. Is it down? Is it hung? How do you determine? What tools and steps?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had told hiring manager $65K/yr and he told me I was in his budget. When the offer came at $58K/year he told me he couldn't go any higher. I declined because the salary was too low and the hiring manager lied to me.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LogRhythm in August 2012.

Interview Details – Responded to their inquiry. Received an offer after two rounds of interviews. Declined the offer as I was not truly impressed with their engineering manager. Few of their questions made me question their integrity as a company

Reason for Declining – Was not comfortable with their way of work

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LogRhythm in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 7 or 8 people in total, 2 or 3 at a time. I could sense that the morale was very good and everyone was genuinely excited about the company's future. They were very discerning and thorough with their questions and I could tell they really care about building a great team. The work looks quite challenging and diverse and I think LogRhythm would be a great place to grow one's career, especially right now as they are growing very quickly.

Interview Question – What are the differences in implementing interfaces implicitly and explicitly in C#?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer that was equal in compensation but just slightly better fit.

Worked for LogRhythm? Contribute to the Community!