Logos Bible Software

Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.5

Marketing Technology Specialist Project Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Logos Bible Software.

I interviewed for this position and let me tell you it was the most pulled out interview I've had.
    First I applied with a cover letter and a internal referral. I was then asked to come in for a group interview with the Marketing Technology Team (8 people or so). It was an open format interview in which I explained my experience and fielded any questions. The interview went well and I was asked to come in a separate time for the following timed tests.

-market knowledge test
    -basic html test
    -wonderlic test

That seemed to go well so I was then asked to take at typing speed test and to put together a technology detailed report comparing and contrasting a leading analytics platform. After that I was then asked to come in and interview with the promotions team. I didn't click with the promotions guy at all. After that interview I didn't hear anything from Logos. 9-12 hrs of time was spent to get to that point...I guess it made me a better interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions about job experience and the christian market. They try to get a feel of you and how well you understand the market with questions like.
      Name
      10 popular christian books
      5 well known pastors
      5 conferences
      5 authors
      5 colleges/institues

Answer Question

Content Innovation (Department) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Logos Bible Software.

The hiring process was fairly standard, with only a few unique aspects. In particular, I was given a skill test to measure my abilities in certain tasks. This was unique, but not overly difficult. Overall the rest of the hiring process was good, though communication took a long time between emails and interviews. The whole interview process took about 8 weeks to complete (submission of application to accepting the position).

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specific questions from the skills test that related to my specialization. If I was not an expert in the field I would not have been able to answer correctly. In the interview they had a current employee present who had the same specialization as myself. This individual also participated in the assessment.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Logos Bible Software in July 2014.

Actually applied for Desktop Support Analyst role, was pushed into this role "as a better fit" by recruiter. Interview process as expected: phone screen with Department Manager, then Skype call with 2 of the team leads. Third interview was "road test" style. I was exposed to the company's major systems and asked to create solutions from thin air. This would not have been a problem, but systems were heavily customized to the company's standard, and would take at least a day to get comfortable with. I was eventually told "thanks for coming, but we are no longer hiring" by the recruiter. So, I am out gas for 115 miles and 8 hours of a work day for no return.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, being asked to create solutions to issues with non-standard software was difficult.   Answer Question

Marketing Copywriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Logos Bible Software.

The process was friendly and professional, but took more than three months. I applied in November of 2013 and was offered a job the following January.

Marketing Communications Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Logos Bible Software.

I submitted my resume, cover letter and two writing samples as requested on the job posting on Craigslist and received a response within about a week of applying. I had one phone interview with a "team leader," which went well. We discussed my general experience and skills for about 30 minutes.

A few days later, I was asked to complete a "Marketing Assessment" to gage my knowledge of their business and basic marketing principles. I also had to complete an online typing test. Within a week after submitting the assessment and typing test results I was scheduled for a panel interview the following week.

The face-to-face interview was with the team leader, marketing director and a third man who had only been with Logos for a couple of months. The director did most of the interviewing and was pleasant. The interview only lasted for 25 minutes and was not structured. The director did most of the questioning and didn't write or refer to anything during my interview. He also mentioned they just hired a dozen new people on their team, which made me wonder why so many hires in such a short period of time?

I followed up with the team leader two business days after my interview and was told they were still "weeding through" applicants and that the coordinator would be in touch about next steps. I emailed the coordinator two days later to follow up on the status of my application and within a couple of hours received a standard denial email.

Interview Questions
    • I'm paraphrasing but it was something like, "What would you say is your most unique/shining attribute?"   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Logos Bible Software.

Emailed Resume and cover-letter got a replied email within a week. Had a Skype interview for 30 minutes. It went well. The interviewer wanted to make sure the people who are interested must have a desire to move to Bellingham, Wa and who are willing to make 80-100 phone calls a day. After the initial interview, they send me a test via email. It consist of four tests. One on biblical knowledge, the second is two math problems (very difficult), and the last two test you on your email etiquette.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you know how to do math and always check your grammar!   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Logos Bible Software.

I first contacted Logos by e-mail. I also asked a friend who knew a Logos insider to e-mail a recommendation. After a long wait, Logos contacted me for a phone interview, which consisted mainly of technical questions to test my knowledge of programming languages, algorithms, and data structures. Apparently it went well, since they offered to fly me to Bellingham for an onsite interview.

I read and watched everything on the Logos website about the company's culture and products, including the founder's ominously titled book "Fire Someone Today". Anyone interested in working here should do this!

The on-site interview included a panel interview followed by lunch with several developers and a one-on-one with the CEO/founder. I get the feeling the one-on-one would have been canceled if the group interview didn't go well. For the panel interview I was asked to solve several technical problems on a whiteboard, and asked a wide range of questions about my experience and how I would solve various technical problems. There were no weird psychological questions. In the final interview I asked several questions about the company's culture, ownership structure, and future plans. I liked the answers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make sure no errors are introduced into a complex system as new features are added?   View Answer
    • How does a hash table work?   View Answer
    The offer came 2 weeks after the final interview. I accepted without further negotiation.

Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Logos Bible Software in January 2014.

I sent a resume, cover letter, and a few examples of websites that I have worked on to logos. They responded fairly quickly and we set up a skype interview. The interview was with two developers. They asked a few behavior questions: tell us about a time when you had a problem, or how you debug something, just general things. They weren't too difficult. Then they moved on to some more technical questions and asked me to describe solutions to a few problems they gave me and asked me to code one solution. This being the first interview, the technical questions were a little unexpected for me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe how I would implement a solution that would find the top ten most occurring strings in a text file.   Answer Question

Marketing Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Logos Bible Software in November 2013.

Prior to coming on-board I had known a management team member for some years prior (we knew each other virtually and had met face-to-face a couple times). As a result, I got fast-tracked into a meeting with the Pritchetts fairly quickly. It all started with an email, this led to a couple phone conversations with the director of marketing, this led to a face-to-face interview on-site,which led (that same day) to a team meeting with both Pritchetts in the meeting. After a few follow-up meetings by phone, I was offered a salary.

I understand, from conversations with coworkers, this was unusually fast. In some ways, I wish the process had been more drawn-out so I could have come to some more accurate conclusions about management and corporate culture. It would have saved me a great deal of heartache.

Interview Questions
    • What is your impression of our software?   View Answer
    If you want to name your salary at Logos, be prepared to walk away.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Logos Bible Software in September 2013.

Reached out to Logos via their website's job posting. The process took place over the span of about 1.5 months and all communication happened over email (aside from in-person interviews). I was given a phone screen interview initially, followed up a week or so later by a panel interview at the Tempe office, then flown to Bellingham a few weeks later for a final all-day interview.

Interview Questions
    • Write an algorithm to find duplicate nodes in a binary tree.   Answer Question