Logos Bible Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

National Conference Speaker Interview

National Conference Speaker
Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Logos Bible Software in February 2013.

Interview Details – A short Skype interview, followed by a longer interview. A video of a mock presentation was forwarded to the company. Then flown to Bellingham for a day of interviews and testing. Decision was made before I left for the day, though they normally wait a few days.

Interview Question – In looking at your previous position and company, it appears that the staff and leadership were younger, how are at dealing with younger leadership and is it a problem for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not hard, they made an offer. I countered and they accepted.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Help Desk Technician
Bellingham, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Logos Bible Software in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview first. Mostly just to see if you are breathing, have some basic knowledge of computers and customer support.

Then a panel interview. This is usually with some direct coworkers, manager or two, and the head honcho. Questions usually crafted to get you to open up and really dive into some technology or other passion that you know a lot about. Some questions trying to gauge effectiveness and ability in dealing with customers. There is usually a practical test at the end if it is felt the candidate might be a good fit.

The bottom line is that you are smart, passionate, and able to get things done. It's not always beneficial or necessary to be already well-versed in specific technologies.

Sometimes there is an interview with the CEO after the panel interview, sometimes not.

Interview Questions

• In networking terms, what happens when a query is submitted to Google?
    OR
    Describe Google's network infrastructure.
      View Answer
  • Have you ever worked on a car?   View Answer
  • How does cruise control work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for me. I had no experience, thus, no bargaining chips.

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Marketing Copywriter

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Logos Bible Software.

Interview Details – The process was friendly and professional, but took more than three months. I applied in November of 2013 and was offered a job the following January.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you failed.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Communications Writer Interview

Marketing Communications Writer
Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Logos Bible Software.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume, cover letter and two writing samples as requested on the job posting on Craigslist and received a response within about a week of applying. I had one phone interview with a "team leader," which went well. We discussed my general experience and skills for about 30 minutes.

A few days later, I was asked to complete a "Marketing Assessment" to gage my knowledge of their business and basic marketing principles. I also had to complete an online typing test. Within a week after submitting the assessment and typing test results I was scheduled for a panel interview the following week.

The face-to-face interview was with the team leader, marketing director and a third man who had only been with Logos for a couple of months. The director did most of the interviewing and was pleasant. The interview only lasted for 25 minutes and was not structured. The director did most of the questioning and didn't write or refer to anything during my interview. He also mentioned they just hired a dozen new people on their team, which made me wonder why so many hires in such a short period of time?

I followed up with the team leader two business days after my interview and was told they were still "weeding through" applicants and that the coordinator would be in touch about next steps. I emailed the coordinator two days later to follow up on the status of my application and within a couple of hours received a standard denial email.

Interview Question – I'm paraphrasing but it was something like, "What would you say is your most unique/shining attribute?"   Answer Question

Development Intern Interview

Development Intern
Branson, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Logos Bible Software in January 2014.

Interview Details – I sent a resume, cover letter, and a few examples of websites that I have worked on to logos. They responded fairly quickly and we set up a skype interview. The interview was with two developers. They asked a few behavior questions: tell us about a time when you had a problem, or how you debug something, just general things. They weren't too difficult. Then they moved on to some more technical questions and asked me to describe solutions to a few problems they gave me and asked me to code one solution. This being the first interview, the technical questions were a little unexpected for me.

Interview Question – They asked me to describe how I would implement a solution that would find the top ten most occurring strings in a text file.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Logos Bible Software.

Interview Details – Emailed Resume and cover-letter got a replied email within a week. Had a Skype interview for 30 minutes. It went well. The interviewer wanted to make sure the people who are interested must have a desire to move to Bellingham, Wa and who are willing to make 80-100 phone calls a day. After the initial interview, they send me a test via email. It consist of four tests. One on biblical knowledge, the second is two math problems (very difficult), and the last two test you on your email etiquette.

Interview Question – Make sure you know how to do math and always check your grammar!   Answer Question

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Logos Bible Software.

Interview Details – I first contacted Logos by e-mail. I also asked a friend who knew a Logos insider to e-mail a recommendation. After a long wait, Logos contacted me for a phone interview, which consisted mainly of technical questions to test my knowledge of programming languages, algorithms, and data structures. Apparently it went well, since they offered to fly me to Bellingham for an onsite interview.

I read and watched everything on the Logos website about the company's culture and products, including the founder's ominously titled book "Fire Someone Today". Anyone interested in working here should do this!

The on-site interview included a panel interview followed by lunch with several developers and a one-on-one with the CEO/founder. I get the feeling the one-on-one would have been canceled if the group interview didn't go well. For the panel interview I was asked to solve several technical problems on a whiteboard, and asked a wide range of questions about my experience and how I would solve various technical problems. There were no weird psychological questions. In the final interview I asked several questions about the company's culture, ownership structure, and future plans. I liked the answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure no errors are introduced into a complex system as new features are added?   View Answer
  • How does a hash table work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer came 2 weeks after the final interview. I accepted without further negotiation.

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Logos Bible Software in September 2013.

Interview Details – Reached out to Logos via their website's job posting. The process took place over the span of about 1.5 months and all communication happened over email (aside from in-person interviews). I was given a phone screen interview initially, followed up a week or so later by a panel interview at the Tempe office, then flown to Bellingham a few weeks later for a final all-day interview.

Interview Question – Write an algorithm to find duplicate nodes in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Logos Bible Software in June 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume online and got a call from a recruiter a week or so later. They did a brief phone screen and then brought me in for a technical interview on-site.

When I arrived, there were only two people at the office and they told me that all of the interviewers were on vacation that day, but they could interview me. They didn't know anything about the position that I was applying for, so they did a very high-level technical interview. They focused a lot on architecture and algorithms, which I thought was a strange combo.

After the short interview, we had a brief lunch and just talked about the company a bit. They said they'd contact me in a few weeks. Months later, they hadn't contacted me and they didn't respond to my calls or emails.

Interview Question – They asked about how to architect a scalable website .   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Logos Bible Software CEO/President responded to this review

Dec 14, 2013

I'm sorry about the lack of follow-up; we've already made changes to our process to prevent this from happening again. We don't have special 'interviewers', and this interview involved a team lead ... More

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Marketing Copywriter
Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Logos Bible Software in May 2013.

Interview Details – 4 interviews, all by phone/skype (since I was moving cross country) scaling from team-leader to department head and then to the company Vice President. Halfway through, I was referred to a different team since it appeared that I was over qualified for the initial job for which I applied.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you screwed up.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was 10,000 below my asking range. I negotiated up 8,000.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Logos Bible Software

Worked for Logos Bible Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Logos Bible Software interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Logos Bible Software employees and interview candidates.