Loma Linda University Medical Center Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2014
10 interviews

2.6

Foundation Position Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center.

The interview process was quite long, but I was warned of this in advance by the hiring manager. There were multiple hoops to jump through, but most were common for the interview process. I applied on the website and then followed up with an email to a director in the hiring department. I highly suggest personalized follow up as their HR department seems to call select applicants. My process went backwards--I spoke to and impressed the hiring department who called HR to have my application expedited, which mean about 3-4 weeks before I was fully hired. I suggest an active approach with follow up and thank you notes.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. I was brought in with two other candidates and met with the following individuals (each candidate rotated through individuals; it was not a group interview: Hiring manager and her soon-to-be new VP, a HR representative and, finally, two board members (this position worked closely with the board). I enjoyed getting to know the various individuals. All of my questions were welcomed and answered.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial interview with supervisor followed something called "Care Picks" where you are interview three more times. Your are interviewed by your supervisor, a pharmacists, and last, the hiring manager for the hospital.

Interview Questions
    • One experience when the staff was limited and you needed to get things completed within a certain time frame   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center.

Walk in to speak to unit manager. Asked to return for interview. Asked to return for second interview, then was offered a position.

I was not able to negotiate anything.

Administrator Interview

Three step process with detailed questions

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when an idea you had failed   View Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Loma Linda, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center in June 2013.

It took them about 4 weeks to call me for an interview. Had a face to face interview that lasted about 15 minutes. Overall nice and pleasant atmosphere, but they did not follow up like they said they would.

Pharmacy Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loma Linda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loma Linda, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center.

Hired after finishing tech school at UEI through the teacher who thought I would do well enough in the hospital. If you work hard and test well, you SHOULD be noticed by someone.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was essentially an internship there, where I was trained and observed by middle-upper management.   View Answer
    I negotiated by showing them I work hard.

Resident Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Loma Linda, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center in January 2011.

2 day interview including dinner the night before and all day the next day meeting one on one with staff

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loma Linda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loma Linda, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center in September 2010.

I worked that unit through the registry for about 8 months and after the LLUMC changed CEO's the registry wasn't used anymore so I applied directly with them and recieved an interview within a couple days as I already knew the charge nurses there. I had to pass a physical which was more rigorous than most I've taken in the past. It required a step test of one minute, lifting a 100 pound maniquen off a table and dragging it over 100 feet and back, and having someone check how much fat I had with calipers. Then I had to hold two 20 pound sand bags over the top of my head for a minute. I was sore for three days afterward, but I passed it.

Interview Questions
    • She didn't really ask any questions. We ended up talking about the picture of her cat and I asked if I was hired and she said yes.   Answer Question
    I was told I would get $ 41.50 an hour and at full time with vacation. I waived the medical as I am a veteran and use the VA for my medical. The first few months I noticed I wasn't accruing any vacation or sick time and went to HR twice about it and twice was told everything was fine and I would be getting it. By the 5th month I went to HR again as I still had no sick leave or paid leave on the books and they told me they "accidently" had me listed as per diem, not full time. I was then changed to full time and my pay was cut to $36.66 an hr and it stayed like that for the 4 years I've been there until the small raise given last month that the state gave everyone. So my original negotiation was breached.

Volunteer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center in November 2010.

Asked to be a part of a group interview, which consisted of an orientation of the department we wished to work in.

ICU Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center in September 2010.

Interviewed by 3 people: floor manager, staff nurse, and HR recruiter. Their questions all have to do with specific experiences that you've had and what the outcomes was. They want a clear beginning, middle, and end - being clear to point out what YOU did as an interventions. Some of the questions are tricky - especially if you can't think of a story right off the bat that fits the situation.

Interview Questions
    • What was one situation in which you made a decision that you later regretted? What was the outcome of that situation?   Answer Question

Worked for Loma Linda University Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!