London Drugs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Photo Electronics Specialist Interview

Photo Electronics Specialist
Rice, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at London Drugs in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called by the manager and requested to see him for an interview. The first interview took around 20 minutes where he asked me about my skills on photo / electronics. After two days, I was called in again for another group/panel interview where I was given situational scenarios of how to deal with angry customers and how I would react / respond to it. On the same day, I was given an on-line personality test and IQ/Intelligent test which took around 30 minutes to complete. Then I was called in again to submit all my pertinent documents such as proof of residence and tax account number. I was also given a form to fill in references of supervisors that I had in the past.

Interview Question – You have been asking questions on what kind of camera the customer wants and the customer said...just give me a camera...why are you asking so many questions?   View Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Assistant Department Manager
Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at London Drugs in February 2012.

Interview Details – Essentially I first went into the store to make an impression and spoke to who would be my potential manager in the future. He told me there was nothing to be done within the store but the position was still open online and I had to apply there. Within 2 weeks of applying online I received a call to come in for an interview. It was an interview with the Store Manager as well as the Computer Department Manager. The Store Manager was the only one asking questions until the end then the Computer Department Manager asked a few personality based questions. Roughly 2 more weeks passed by and I was called in for a second interview. Same two people were there and then also the Assistant Store Manager. All three of them asked me questions this time. They were all situation and personality questions. The interview ended and another 1-2 weeks passed by and I received a call to come into the store. They did not tell me why but when I got there they offered me the position. They told me what my wage was going to be and that based on their pay scale and their "step ladder" system there would be no room for raises in the future aside from cost of living increases and promotional increases. I was given no opportunity to negotiate. I started orientation, training, and work soon after.

Interview Question – What was the worst situation I have been in with my family and how did I handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. They told me what was going to happen and that was that.

Computer Specialist

Interviewed at London Drugs

Interview Details – I had an interview with the computer department managers. It was a fairly easy interview; they just want to get an idea on how good your people skills ars as well as how much knowledge you have. They asked questions such as "how would you sell a printer?", "how would you deal with a difficult customer?", "how do you keep up to date on the latest gadgets and technologies?". After that, they put you through an computer IQ test, which was a bit strange.

Interview Question – "how would you sell a printer?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online and interviewed at London Drugs.

Interview Details – There was a short, initial phone interview to set up a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was short (about 30 minutes) and the questions were pretty standard (past experience, strengths/weaknesses, a few situational questions, etc.) After the interview, I received an email with a link to fill out a personality test. I was told that a background check would be done by an outside company if I passed the personality test.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation (even with past relevant experience)

Head Office Interview

I applied online and interviewed at London Drugs.

Interview Details – I was screened over the phone, where the caller asked about my experience and why I applied for the job. I was then asked to go in for an interview, where I had to answer several behavioural and situational questions. The questions asked were quite standard.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions out of the ordinary - just be prepared to answer questions about past experiences (eg. where you had to deal with a difficult coworker, where you had to manage multiple deadlines, etc.)   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at London Drugs in January 2009.

Interview Details – Straightforward, I had the skills it was very professional, friendly,

Interview Question – No difficult questions, I know computers and I am very friendly with customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Excellent

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor
Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at London Drugs in September 2009.

Interview Details – A phone call is made to set up first interview with store manager, second interview set up with your hiring store manager, third interview with District manager. Criminal background check which took 2 weeks?Two days of training on POS terminals and store policies/procedures/safety. This company has staff that have only had a job at LD so they are 20 years plus invested in it. Therefore their perspective is very tunnelled and the wide range and diversity of other retail is not understood to them.

Interview Question – Holding people accountable and how you will do this?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interviewed at London Drugs

Interview Details – Very detailed

Interview Question – Nothing difficult but detailed again.   Answer Question

Computer Specialist
Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at London Drugs in February 2012.

Interview Details – Find the job and the location you want, then apply online. Then go to the location and see if you can talk to someone, and drop off your resume. Don't leave it at that ... go in again, and again, until someone sees you.

Interview Question – How have you handled difficult customer service situations   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered a pittance, with a promise of more in 3 months ... they lied ... they will say that their hands are tied. the raises come slowly for part time. Benefits are even slower

Vancouver Interview

Interview Details – Phone interview first,
inquire about your available time and your past work experience,
ask you to fill out the personality and some easy mathematics questionnaire to see if you are the person they look for.

Interview Question – No, but it's better to get the rehearsal of your answers.
It's usually ask about your past work experience at first.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at London Drugs

Worked for London Drugs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at London Drugs interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by London Drugs employees and interview candidates.