Lone Star Steakhouse Interview Questions

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lone Star Steakhouse

Hostess Interview

Interview

Walked in and asked to fill out an application and once i finished it i asked to talk to a manager. They decided to interview me on the spot and after the interview went pretty well they offered me a job starting the next day. All you need to be is personable and show some work ethic.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse.

Interview

I was interviewed face to face with the Area Director. I felt very good about the whole process. 3 days later he called to say the Regional wanted to do a phone interview. Very nice guy, the whole interview lasted 20 minutes. 2 days later the A.D. called to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite sports team   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a lot as a base salary to turn this restaurant around. My take home pay now is between 5 and 6 K per month

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Salisbury, NC).

Interview

You sit, wait, get asked questions off of a sheet and then wait for the call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Springfield, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone with the corp. recruiter. She set up a second interview with the AD. It was a 3 hour drive one way for me to go to this interview, and it was fairly early in the morning. I did get a call on my way back home, asking me to check my email for a background check authorization form. I did not hear from anyone for well over a week after that.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any unexpected or difficult questions. Everything that was asked, was pretty normal and easy   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a very easy time with salary negotiations. I gave them my requirement and it was accepted.

Server Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse in July 2011.

Interview

Walked in, after lunch rush, with my resume in hand, indeed used myself to host and ask to speak to the manager. Ended up interviewing on the spot and had an offer within 30 minutes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Na

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeton, MO

Application

interviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Bridgeton, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

The process was easy. I came to the restaurant and asked to fill out an application. I don't remember how long the whole process was but not very

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions but the interview was easy and fairly short. I think they were mainly customer service question. I think all they wanted was to see you and if you had a positive personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, set hourly wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, UT

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Centerville, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

There was a banner outside reading "now hiring" I came in, grabbed an application from the host stand. they told me to fill it out, when I was done they took it to the manager, the host came back and told me to come back next thursday between 2 and 4pm. I showed up next thursday, the manager did a quick interview, didn't took that long, nothing extraordinary, why do you wan't to work here? availability, how do your friends describe you, type of questions. get ready to obtain your food handlers permit and the alcohol card, better if you already have it. They will train you for 5 days, do things the way you are asked to and you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can't negotiate your salary, your hourly rate is 2.13 and you get tips. pretty much "take it or leave it"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Tustin, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

They asked for a resume and asked about my previous experience about being a server. If you do not have prior experience then they will most likely hire you on as a host to begin with. They also asked how long I was planning on working for the company since they tend to have a high turnover rate for employees. The interview lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What were your favorite meals at your old serving job and describe them.   1 Answer
    • what were the most popular drinks you served in your last serving position   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bel Air, MD

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse (Bel Air, MD) in October 2008.

Interview

Smooth. What you would normally expect from a casual interview.

Server Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lone Star Steakhouse in April 2011.

Interview

It was a 5 min interview, very easy with bass questions. It was a 5 min interview, very easy with bass questions. It was a 5 min interview, very easy with bass questions. It was a 5 min interview, very easy with bass questions. It was a 5 min interview, very easy with bass questions.