Long Beach City College Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

1.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent typing certification.
    Applied online.
    Took test got 80% no interview. Person has to score 94%. Other parts of the government it's 70%.

Test is based on knowing word, excel, simple math, and customer service (trick questions). The test was poorly written. Other parts of the government the test would be written 100% better.

Probably hired an insider. All of this is smoke and mirrors. Don't bother unless you think your going to get 90 percentile or 100% just for admin job.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Long Beach City College.

Interview

Ask about previous experiences tutoring, how might you approach x topic, what would you do if a student does not understand material, how may you facilitate a group, what are important skills a tutor needs, and any experience with higher education or simply tutoring

Interview Questions

• How would you facilitate a group in 15 minutes with materials that may range from sociology, art, photo, or culinary. students have different levels of learning so how may i accommodate for the group   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing, just time available. they decide which tutoring title you fall into based on interview and pay you based on that.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

For adjuncts, we had an application. When I tried for a tenure track line, the competition was great, and there were many hard questions. Also, we always have a "pretend" lecture for 10-20 minutes. For an adjunct part time job, we just showed up. Most times, I have got in when we needed a last-minute opening.

Interview Questions

• Can you work tomorrow morning? Help!   1 Answer

Negotiation

not there...remember-these are adjuncts. F

Office Assistant Interview

Application

interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was simple. They asked me to come in, and asked me if I wanted the job from my experience from volunteering. I was overjoyed that they asked me and answered a few questions they had after the interview.

Supplemental Instruction Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

If you get a professor to recommend you for their class, you're basically in. I didn't even interview. Although you have to get at least a B in the class you're trying to instruct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary is what it is.