Long Beach City College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor
Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Long Beach City College.

Interview Details – For adjuncts, we had an application. When I tried for a tenure track line, the competition was great, and there were many hard questions. Also, we always have a "pretend" lecture for 10-20 minutes. For an adjunct part time job, we just showed up. Most times, I have got in when we needed a last-minute opening.

Interview Question – Can you work tomorrow morning? Help!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not there...remember-these are adjuncts. F

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Supplemental Instruction Leader Interview

Supplemental Instruction Leader
Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Long Beach City College in January 2010.

Interview Details – If you get a professor to recommend you for their class, you're basically in. I didn't even interview. Although you have to get at least a B in the class you're trying to instruct.

Interview Question – There were no questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is what it is.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Long Beach City College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Long Beach City College interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Long Beach City College employees and interview candidates.