Long Beach City College

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Long Beach City College

Tutor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Long Beach City College.

Ask about previous experiences tutoring, how might you approach x topic, what would you do if a student does not understand material, how may you facilitate a group, what are important skills a tutor needs, and any experience with higher education or simply tutoring

Interview Questions
    • How would you facilitate a group in 15 minutes with materials that may range from sociology, art, photo, or culinary. students have different levels of learning so how may i accommodate for the group   Answer Question
    Nothing, just time available. they decide which tutoring title you fall into based on interview and pay you based on that.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

For adjuncts, we had an application. When I tried for a tenure track line, the competition was great, and there were many hard questions. Also, we always have a "pretend" lecture for 10-20 minutes. For an adjunct part time job, we just showed up. Most times, I have got in when we needed a last-minute opening.

not there...remember-these are adjuncts. F

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

interviewed at Long Beach City College in April 2011.

The hiring process was simple. They asked me to come in, and asked me if I wanted the job from my experience from volunteering. I was overjoyed that they asked me and answered a few questions they had after the interview.

Supplemental Instruction Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Long Beach City College in January 2010.

If you get a professor to recommend you for their class, you're basically in. I didn't even interview. Although you have to get at least a B in the class you're trying to instruct.

Interview Questions
    The salary is what it is.