Long Beach USD

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Long Beach USD

College Student Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Long Beach USD in September 2010.

I was registered already as a College Student Aide for the Long Beach USD, which consists of presenting a TB test and x-rays. Then when you're approved, you're given a list of job sites to apply or in some rare cases, job sites contact you. On my first job site, I got an interview with a supervisor who was more interested in my availability. I got the job on the spot. When my program lost funding, I lost that job site and after a few months, a job site contacted me. I got a group interview instead (teachers and students from a special education program). Everyone was nice and I answered all their questions. They told me I'll probably have to wait a week for the next response, but a few hours later, I got a call and said I was hired. If you fit the college aide requirements, and you have the availability, then you're a shoe in.

Interview Questions

Job Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Long Beach USD in October 2009.

You are required to answer 8 job related essay questions and submit that with your job application. It took about 1 month before I was contacted by LBUSD regarding an employment exam. Though I had over 5 years of experience in the position that I applied for, the pre-employment exam was semi-difficult. The scenario questions were a bit tricky because it appeared that more than one answer could be correct.

I was contacted by the the Human Resources department about 1 week later for an initial interview. Within days I was interviewed by 2 representatives from the Human Resources department. This interview was very difficult and I was not sure if I had done well or not. About 1 week later I received a letter in the mail from LBUSD stating that I had one of the top 3 scores on the pre-employment exam process (this included the HR interview) and that they will be moving forward with the top 3 candidates.

About 1 week later I received a letter from the department that was hiring stating that they wanted to interview me; I set up an immediate interview. The interview was very relaxed and the panel was friendly. I was offered a job the next day and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest area of weakness and how can you improve upon it?   View Answer
    No negotiation. If you want to start at a higher salary range, you will have to submit the request to HR with proof of work experience/education and a letter of formal request.