Long Island University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.9

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Long Island University.

Interview

Typical normal question best trait worst how do you handle stress have you ever used a mixer mic do you have a clean driving record desired salary wiling to work overtime

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Long Island University.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is straightforward. Staff will review skills and techniques as well as the safety measures and precautions looked at a laboratory setting

Interview Questions

• Expect questions regarding incompatibilities and incompatibilities of chemicals   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookville, Nassau, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long Island University (Brookville, Nassau, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed by one person--this person knew me--so I was hired on the spot without a formal interview process---of course, this took place over 10 years ago. That's not the hiring practice now. Now, there is a strict formal interview process that HR oversees and no one gets hired without a thorough screening.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was, how soon can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenvale, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Long Island University (Greenvale, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the professor running the program for the semester and was asked about my prior tutoring experience. It was a short process, and after a review of my past tutoring, my education, and my new class load as a graduate student, I was hired.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long Island University (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I was recently contacted by LIU-School of Business for an interview for the Secretary IV position. The interview went well, and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The first interview was a group interview, and although this was my first time in a group interview setting, I found it to be very comfortable and informative. The second interview was with the Dean of the Department and it as well was pleasant, the questions asked were your typical interview questions, and the dialogue between myself and the interviewers was great. I haven't heard from them regarding the position as of yet, I was told within in the next week, I really hope that I nailed it and receive an offer, it is the perfect position for me, and in a University setting, which is what I have been looking for for quite some time.

Interview Questions

• How will this position prepare you for your long term goals?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Long Island University (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Had a contract job at the division of the IT department. And applied for a full time job as one became available. That may be the reason why the process was simple. I was interviewed by the lead engineer and head of IT department.

Interview Questions

• Just regular questions about relational databases, ERP and C# programming.   Answer Question

Director of Campus Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenvale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Long Island University (Greenvale, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Getting the interview was a straightforward process. I simply e-mailed my resume to the designated e-mail address on the Job Posting. I was called for an Interview within a few days. The Interview consisted mainly of the typical questions. "How would you handle a difficult employee?" "What are your biggest Strengths/Weaknesses?" After the Interview, I was told that I would receive a call in a few days.

Academic Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Long Island University (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with three members of current department including director and academic coordinator

Interview Questions

• How do my plans for next five years work with mission of HEOP?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Long Island University (White Plains, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process was a week long. It consisted of various presentations on topics that were assigned. It also consisted of a group and individual interview. It was a very tedious process but well worth it. I simply was honest and respectful yet assertive.

Interview Questions

• How do you perceive diversity on this campus?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Long Island University (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Great interview experience. First you get an phone screening which is almost like a real interview. If you succeed you get invited to an interview with 3 different people from the department. Fill out the application, sign consent for background check. A personality test assessment will be given as well.

Interview Questions

• What personal qualities can you bring to the table as an admissions counselor. very average question.   1 Answer