Long Island University

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Laboratory Technician Interview

Laboratory Technician

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Long Island University.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is straightforward. Staff will review skills and techniques as well as the safety measures and precautions looked at a laboratory setting

Interview Question – Expect questions regarding incompatibilities and incompatibilities of chemicals   Answer Question

Academic Coach Interview

Academic Coach
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Long Island University in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three members of current department including director and academic coordinator

Interview Question – How do my plans for next five years work with mission of HEOP?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Administrator
Brookville, Nassau, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Long Island University.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by one person--this person knew me--so I was hired on the spot without a formal interview process---of course, this took place over 10 years ago. That's not the hiring practice now. Now, there is a strict formal interview process that HR oversees and no one gets hired without a thorough screening.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was, how soon can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The base salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Secretary Interview

Secretary
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Long Island University in February 2009.

Interview Details – Opening through temp agelncy

Negotiation Details – Pleasant

Director of Campus Technology Interview

Director of Campus Technology
Greenvale, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Long Island University in June 2010.

Interview Details – Getting the interview was a straightforward process. I simply e-mailed my resume to the designated e-mail address on the Job Posting. I was called for an Interview within a few days. The Interview consisted mainly of the typical questions. "How would you handle a difficult employee?" "What are your biggest Strengths/Weaknesses?" After the Interview, I was told that I would receive a call in a few days.

Interview Questions

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant
White Plains, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Long Island University in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was a week long. It consisted of various presentations on topics that were assigned. It also consisted of a group and individual interview. It was a very tedious process but well worth it. I simply was honest and respectful yet assertive.

Interview Question – How do you perceive diversity on this campus?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase.

Secretary Interview

Secretary
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Long Island University in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was recently contacted by LIU-School of Business for an interview for the Secretary IV position. The interview went well, and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The first interview was a group interview, and although this was my first time in a group interview setting, I found it to be very comfortable and informative. The second interview was with the Dean of the Department and it as well was pleasant, the questions asked were your typical interview questions, and the dialogue between myself and the interviewers was great. I haven't heard from them regarding the position as of yet, I was told within in the next week, I really hope that I nailed it and receive an offer, it is the perfect position for me, and in a University setting, which is what I have been looking for for quite some time.

Interview Question – How will this position prepare you for your long term goals?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Admissions Counselor
Brooklyn, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Long Island University in October 2009.

Interview Details – Great interview experience. First you get an phone screening which is almost like a real interview. If you succeed you get invited to an interview with 3 different people from the department. Fill out the application, sign consent for background check. A personality test assessment will be given as well.

Interview Question – What personal qualities can you bring to the table as an admissions counselor. very average question.   View Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Long Island University in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was with my immediate supervisor. He was very frank and we had a great interview. I enjoyed the questions that he asked me thoroughly. I also had to interview with his supervisor. The interviews went smoothly. The HR office staff is unnecessarily rude and off-putting.

Interview Question – I can not recall any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate. I was given an awful salary with promises of a raise that I deserve but did not receive.

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Long Island University in October 2010.

Interview Details – Everyday for a week you need to submit different assignments. After that you can get into the second round which consists of an individual interview, group interview, and creative presentation.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be great resident assistant?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Long Island University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Long Island University interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Long Island University employees and interview candidates.