Long Motor Corp Interview Questions in Lenexa, KS

Interviews for Top Jobs at Long Motor Corp

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Long Motor Corp (Lenexa, KS) in May 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by an HR Generalist by phone who presented the company well and invited me for an interview. The interview was held in a non-descript building in an industrial area. I noticed a lot of external noise permeating the structure (passing trains, semi trucks, etc.) that I noted as deterrents to the work environment. The face-to-face interviews were held in a conference room where I was seated in a broken chair with unequal arm heights that was too low to the floor. As a tall individual, this made me uncomfortable and fidgety.

The first person I spoke with was the HR Generalist. He asked some intriguing questions that I'm not sure conveyed anything about my character. Nonetheless, he was the most put together of any and my impression of the company rapidly declined after this point.

The next person I interviewed with was the Marketing Director. She gave me the feeling that she was in her role solely because she worked at the company for a long time. Bottom line, as the person in charge of the function/role I was interviewing for she did not have a clue what she wanted this person to do. Evidently an outside consultant recommend adding the position.

Finally, a VP of Operations entered the room. He more or less said the company was a cult of long time employees that enjoyed no vacation for the first year, were burdened with expensive benefits packages and that I should expect micromanagement for the first 90 days.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure?   1 Answer