Long & Foster

www.longandfoster.com

Long & Foster Interview Questions

2.0

Network Administrator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Long & Foster.

Typical review process with both technical and personal questions.

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Long & Foster.

Easy interview with manager of department-- general questions like "tell me about yourself, your experience, how long you've worked in the field, etc." Nothing out of the ordinary. Manager (at the time-- that person is no longer there) was very positive and nice. It took a few weeks to finally get on board after the offer.

No negotiating.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Background check

Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Long & Foster in January 2012.

The interview was pretty easy, they just want to know that you know what you're getting into and that you have the stamina to hang in there and make it work.

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to make no money for the next 1-2 years?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Long & Foster in June 2011.

I went onto the Long & Foster website, and completed the RealStar Survey. A couple of weeks later I received a call asking that I meet up with the Managing Broker at the Manassas location. I was very excited that I received a call back, and excited to talk about my options as a real estate agent. The day after I received the phone call, I went to the Manassas location and spoke to the broker. To say the least, I was very disappointed. I couldn't help but to have the feeling that he was not taking my inquiry very seriously about joining Long & Foster. I was probably in the office for 5-10 minutes, tops, & he did not ask me at all if I had any questions about Long & Foster, and actually did not seem very genuine. I had several questions thay I would have loved to have answered, however his lack of interest turned me off. Additionally, he said that since I was not already licensed, and had not taken any courses in real estate, that I did not have any questions. Afterwards, he told me that I can go online and read about Long & Foster and see about the 99 dollar classes that will be during the summer. I feel that this was a total waste of time, and that this could have been a conversation over the phone versus going to the office for only 5 minutes. I am usually not one to complain, because it is just not in my nature, however his attitude was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

I am not interested in working for this broker, let alone Long & Foster, because he represented Long & Foster in a negative light and was not interested in my questions or really talking about Long & Foster in the slightest bit. A total waste of time and gas.

Realtor, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Long & Foster in November 2007.

One office was being merged into a larger office. Interview was more of a getting to know you session and goal setting for the next year. Office manager asked how much income you desired and then helped you work backwards to determine how much business you need to obtain that outcome. Asked about my SOI and how I planned to make contact with them to get leads. Gave advice about farming and SOI contacts.

Interview Questions
    • How much income do you require to meet your budget? And how much do you require to meet your budget plus your wants?   View Answer
    • Have you made a list of your friends, family and others in your life? This is your sphere of influence and much of your business will likely come from these people.   View Answer
    As a newbie going into the business the made it seem like a very firm structure. Probably should have attempted to get a better starting rate. Advice to others play up the volume and quality of your SOI and hold out for a bit more.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Long & Foster in February 2014.

I applied through Careerbuilder.com and was contacted by HR department for an initial screening phone interview. I was called in for a follow up interview with General Counsel, Assistant GC and HR. I was called back for final stage of interviews with Executive.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an agent was not taking my advice and it was putting the company in a very risky situation?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

They followed a pretty standard process. No human resources department personnel were involved. An initial phone screen and then an in person interview with the hiring manager only. Was introduced to other department leaders/managers but did not interview with any one other than hiring manager. Not a rigorous interview.

Senior Accountant Interview

interviewed at Long & Foster in January 2010.

Interview process was as smooth as possible

Interview Questions
    It was done through lawyers