Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging

Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging in April 2012.

Well, first of all, I'll never apply or waste my time with this company again. It's a complete run around.... I applied for a Sales Rep position online and after a few weeks, received an email stating that I would be contacted shortly regarding the position and that I was being considered. After another 2-3 weeks, I received a phone call from the recruiter at Longview. He went over the position and a little of my background and said I would be receiving a call from the local hiring manager shortly. Another week or so went by and I received another call from HR, setting up a phone interview with the hiring manager in the next few days. The hiring mgr called and asked me about my background and asked me to describe my sales experience in each of my previous jobs. He then explained the role to me and told me he was very interested in speaking with me further about the position. That was over 2 months ago....Since then, I contacted the recruiter and he says that the hiring mgr. is very interested and that we had a great conversation and that he would get back in touch with me. I know the economy is bad, but do really think this is what prospective employers want to have to deal with. I've lost all interest in the position and have moved on to other prospects. Additionallly, I will NEVER apply to this company again. If the interview process is this bungled and unproffesional, what kind of company is this to work for?? Awful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging in April 2010.

Initially contacted an ex coworker (from a previous job) who was in a hiring capacity at Longview and was granted a group interview over dinner. Someone else was hired for the position and I forgot about it. Several months later, another ex coworker (from the same job as the previous contact) replaced the original hiring person. We set up an individual interview and was told that I would be hired. Later, the word from upper management was that I "didn't meet their sales candidate profile", which I understood to mean I was too old.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you had so many jobs in the last 10 years?   View Answer