Longwood University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.5

English Lecturer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Longwood University.

There was no true process. I received a call out of the blue (two years after I had applied for a similar position) and was asked if I was still interested in working for LU. When I applied in the affirmative, I was given a list of courses I would teach, salary, and benefits. The interviewer then asked if I was still interested in the position. End of story.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real questions asked of me other than whether or not I could teach the courses.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for a lecturer. You either accept the standard offer or not.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Longwood University.

I applied online and they called me in for an interview a couple of weeks later. I was then called with the job offer about three weeks after the interview.

Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Longwood University.

Individual interview process was fine, but the group interview was horrible - 10 people firing questions at you.

Interview Questions
    • You don't seem adequately prepared for this interview. Why is that?   Answer Question

Department Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmville, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Longwood University in April 2011.

Phone interview, face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult... very warm and friendly.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmville, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Longwood University in June 2010.

I was contacted via email to do a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited for a campus interview. During the campus interview, I was given a walking tour of campus, a driving tour of town, and I was also treated to dinner that evening after completing interviews with a few different folks in the apartment.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what the most difficult problem/task I encountered and how I handled it.   Answer Question