Lonza

Relevance Date Difficulty

Professional Interview

Professional
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Lonza.

Interview Details – After resume submittal, a phone screen was conducted. Person asked basic HR type questions. Knew some of the technical aspects of the job they were filling.

Interview Question – Invited to participate in face to face interviews on site with four individuals. Interview questions were behavioral based so do your homework. Unexpected questions were asked by the HR person. The questions were around my high school days which was years ago. Was asked how I was described by my classmates. Who remembers and how accurately does that describe me today???? Also asked how my college expenses were paid for… how is that job related or any of their business??? Do you want to know my monthly mortgage payment also????   Answer Question

Research Associate III Interview

Research Associate III
Walkersville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lonza in April 2014.

Interview Details – Awesome experience. It was a direct, face to face interview. No silly phone calls, and/or repetitive screenings. The interview process was bottom-up - met the research associates first (peers) and then the group leader, followed by the HR. Amazingly open and nice people.

Interview Question – Describe the one time you made a mistake and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Perfectly suitable offer. No negotiation.

Customer Care Interview

Customer Care
Cleveland, TN

I interviewed at Lonza in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact was an advertisement email sent out to the community inviting perspective employees to apply for a full time seasonal position in a Customer Care Center. The job would entail taking phone calls answering questions about how to use the company's products and services. A training program of three months would precede the beginning of the call season. The interview was conducted by the office manager and an HR person. Very comfortable interview, many logical, standard questions asked. The two questions that stand out, this was four years ago, were, "do you have any schedule conflicts as this will be busy from 6/1 till 7/15", and "How would you handle a very frustrated customer?" I told them I was totally available, and, to the second question I stated, "I first would listen very carefully to what the caller was having a problem with. The managers face melted into total relief. I got the job. I've enjoyed working here since.

Interview Question – The two interviews had the agenda of helping me succeed in the interview, There were no real difficult, or unexpected question. I've been through "he**" interviews, this was not one of those.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lab Tech Interview

Lab Tech
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lonza in June 2011.

Interview Details – There are so many different departments, and everyone does it a little different. Your first contact will be HR, probably a couple of months after you submit your resume. If HR likes what you have to say, you'll meet the the hiring manager, and there team. If everyone likes you, you're in! Provided you pass the physical examination.

Interview Question – The questions I asked them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They send you an offer, you review it, accept, or decline.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Manufacturing Associate
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lonza.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through their website and received an invitation to the interview about a week later. Arrived with about 10 other applicants to have a group interview. The process was round-robin; that is, I spent about 5 minutes with one interviewer then moved on to the next person. It was kind of like speed dating where you got to know the person then they asked you some standard questions about your work history and experience.

Interview Question – What was a time where you had to make a very difficult decision and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They e-mailed me an official offer and I accepted.

Chemist Interview

Chemist
Conshohocken, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Lonza in February 2010.

Interview Details – easy peazy interview but took three resume revisions to get in the door

Negotiation Details – good to me

Documentation Specialist Interview

Documentation Specialist
Singapore (Singapore)

Interviewed at Lonza

Interview Details – Most of the jobs posted are fake. No call up for interview and they keep relisting their job ads. Their HR do not bother to reply about status of interview

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lonza in August 2009.

Interview Details – It was nice they called for Mumbai head office for final selection was condcted by head of 3 different divisions.

Interview Question – Why u wants to be in Sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was Ok and finaaly was satisfied with the payment.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Lonza in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional , friendly and competent managers; the interview process was well defined and articulated. the people knew what they were talking about . very impressive .the only downside as i can see was some sense of " political " atmosphere . but i can be totally wrong.

I was explained the the requirement s of the job , and expectations from the candidate well in advance . The firm employed for for candidate serach was also very professional and helpful .

Over all very good experience.

Interview Question – What would you do if the company gives you $100 mio for investment ?   Answer Question

Worked for Lonza? Contribute to the Community!