Lord Abbett & Co.

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.3

Regional Consultant Interview

interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in October 2014.

Walked in kid who is doing the same job im interviewing for shows me around. Meet with 3 people from around the company nothing crazy. Kid told me how to approach each person and were mostly easy to talk too.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me questions on books ive recently
      Do you follow market? Explain what you think is going on.
        Answer Question

Legal Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in August 2014.

I interviewed for the legal EA position a few weeks ago. The receptionist was extremely nice but the HR person that interviewed me seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder. She had nothing great to say about the company. Seemed very miserable. The interview lasted about 15min. I felt very rushed. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • What would be something negative that your employer would say about you?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in April 2014.

The interview was set up through a hiring agency. They sent my resume over and set up the interview. I drove down from college to interview at Lord Abbett. The man at the front desk and HR were very friendly. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. All negative questions no positive questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous employer say bad about you?   View Answer

Communications Services Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co..

The interview was about 30min long. I met with an HR rep. Expect a round of spit-fire questions without any time to take a breath in-between! The questions were mostly from your resume asking about previous employment, school, activities, etc. Also be prepared to answer the questions of "what would so and so say is your best and worst quality" They basically want you to tell them what you think people think of you and they want to then know what you think of yourself. Then the interview concluded with a really quick overview of the company from the HR rep and then you ask any questions you have. A word of advice: sound very excited to work for this company specifically, do your homework and read up on the company, and make sure it's clear that you are interested in finance especially if your resume doesn't have a lot of experience in finance like mine didn't.

Interview Questions
    • "What would your previous employer say your worst quality is?"   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co..

The interviewer did not seem enthused at all when she entered and had a ghost like face on her the entire time. She focused more on my coursework than actual experience. She was looking at her paper the entire time. Everyone else at the company was welcoming.

Associate Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with the Human Resources recruiter, followed by a "superday" comprised of a number of in-person interviews (I believe 9 total). Interviews were centered around fit and ability to think on one's feet.

Client Service Associate Interview

your first meeting will be with HR. It last 30 minutes and its really to see if you fit the organization and not about your skill set. They are very picky and want very conservative Republican types. Look at the profiles on linkedin. most of the people look alike.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in August 2013.

Contacted by recruiter at a staffing agency about the position. Had initial phone conversation with her and was called in for in-person interview at the company within 2 days. Met with hiring manager and two other team members. Though from the outside, the environment looks conservative and serious, everyone I met with was friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts about the position, now that you've heard more about it?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in August 2013.

I landed the initial interview through a NYC recruiter at the end of August. Everyone who interviews for any position at this organization always has to get through interviewing with the HR Manager first. If you are successful, the HR Manager will let your recruiter know and they will call you back to interview with the people you might work with/for. If you are not successful, the HR Manager will also provide that feedback to your recruiter, and your recruiter will let you know that the HR Manager passed.

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co..

Contacted by recruiter, first interview with HR. Woman was very serious. Unlike others I was able to make her laugh however only after I demonstrated my intensity and desire for this position. Second round was with people from the division. Very easy. Everyone is very conservative and formal.

recruiter