Lord Abbett & Co.

3.4

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in October 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin, spoke with them and was set up for an in person interview at LA & Co within a few days.

I was given an online skills tests to test my competency.

Got to LA & Co, and was escorted into the IT Lab. In the lab, I was given a few minutes to explain my work experience and job duties. Then a few more IT professionals came in the room and began to barrage me with technical questions, barely giving me enough time to answer. They were rude and abrasive, I was definitely turned off to the position and the company as a whole.

I however, was able to answer there questions, and was scheduled for a second interview.

After a couple of days of phone-tag with my recruiter, I was not able to schedule a second interview.

Still awaiting a response.

Interview Questions
    • What is the overall speed of an ethernet cable?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in August 2013.

Contacted by recruiter at a staffing agency about the position. Had initial phone conversation with her and was called in for in-person interview at the company within 2 days. Met with hiring manager and two other team members. Though from the outside, the environment looks conservative and serious, everyone I met with was friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts about the position, now that you've heard more about it?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in August 2013.

I landed the initial interview through a NYC recruiter at the end of August. Everyone who interviews for any position at this organization always has to get through interviewing with the HR Manager first. If you are successful, the HR Manager will let your recruiter know and they will call you back to interview with the people you might work with/for. If you are not successful, the HR Manager will also provide that feedback to your recruiter, and your recruiter will let you know that the HR Manager passed.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co..

5 interviews and you have to take a test beforehand, everyone is wearing a white shirt with striped tie to convey the conservative approach. they want to see that you are competitive and motivated most importantly, i made the mistake of not paying much attention to the market. know current events

Interview Questions
    • are you satisfied with your grades in school?   View Answer

Digital Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in March 2013.

Was brought in for in person interviews, first met with HR, then hiring manager.
    The HR had a thorough interview and covered all roles on resume and asked a variation on what did you like / dislike about this role, what did you like/dislike about your manager, what would your manager say was something you could work on.

Hiring Manager interview was more straight forward and about experience and role - no surprises.

Dress is more formal than most - all the men wore suit and tie with white shirts.

Regional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in February 2013.

1.Phone interview.
    2. In person interview. Met with three managers. Good cop/bad cop. Sat with wholesaler for 20 minutes.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in January 2013.

I was brought in through a recruiter. The process was very slow moving for whatever reason, and they brought me in for three separate rounds of interviews with varying levels of the department.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. However, I was surprised during my last interview with the partner in charge of the department when he told me that they would be making me an offer. I had never experienced being told of a forthcoming offer during the interview process.   Answer Question
    I was satisfied with the salary offer, so I didn't attempt to negotiate. However, I did negotiate being eligible for a salary increase at fiscal year-end, which was six months after I joined the firm.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co..

The interview was set up with a recruiting agency. I was a little surprised to find out that I would be interviewing with HR first, as all my interviews in the past have had HR interview me last. To my knowledge, HR has very little influence on the hiring decision due to their lack of applicable education and ability to identify a good fit in a particular department (since they don't work in it, and are not knowledgeable in the subject).

Anyway, the interview began immediately with questions regarding what I liked the most, and liked the least out of my current job, past jobs, etc. The interview was really odd, she asked questions that you would never think you would have to answer....

"What bad things would your last boss have to say about you"? What exactly is she looking for here? Does she want an honest answer or a sugar-coated fairy tale answer? Of course if you reply " He wouldn't say anything bad about me", that isn't good enough - so you have to really use your imagination with this woman and try to appear as flawless as possible, because if you have one, tiny flaw - she will hack away at it until your too exhausted to reach into your magic jar and pull out more lies.

In the middle of the interview, I was explaining why I thought I was a good fit for the position. As I mentioned that I thought it would be great to utilize my creativity, she immediately gave me a dirty look and asked me to explain. I said " well, I Will be working on the marketing material for the firm, and I think that will be a great chance to use my creativity". She immediately responded that was not in the job description, and I was, in fact, interviewing for the wrong position. Apparently the job description she had sent was for the wrong position. I wasted my entire morning with this woman that didn't even have the decency to explain to me what job she thought I was there for.

After dealing with this person, and seeing how the firm runs things, I am actually happy that I did not get an offer. If you can't even send the correct job description to a potential candidate,and then continue to be dismissive and rude, why would I want to work there?

I was appalled and once it was discovered that I was interviewing for the wrong position the interview came to a quick end. Once she was done asking me questions she said she was going to explain to me what Lord Abbett was, did, and their current market position. She did this all in about 30 seconds without taking a breath, completely rushed, and completely rude. It made me feel like I was the one wasting her time, when in fact, I was the one that missed a few hours of work because of her careless mistake.

If called for another interview with this person, I wouldn't even bother.

On a side note, she did not hire anyone that interviewed for this position. Which is my case-in-point about this person. Enjoy!

Interview Questions
    • What bad things would your last boss say about you?   View Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in July 2012.

I met with the woman in charge she asked a lot of questions in regards to why Marketing, Why Lord Abbett, Favorite/Least Favorite courses in college, why I picked my college, what my previous employers would say about me, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What my least favorite course was and why.   View Answer

Regional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in January 2012.

The first round of interviews was a phone interview--questions about your resume, why would you be interested in Sales? etc Hardest question- Do you think were headed for a double dip recession?

After that they make you take a caliper test to see you strengths and weaknesses--answer it honestly

If you pass all that then they call you in for an in person interview. You have 4 1:1 interviews with managers, and partners. For me they all seemed to ask very similar questions. Why Lord Abbett? Why Sales? What does it take to be a good sales person? etc etc

A friend of mine that works there had warned me they like to play good cop, bad cop. Some interviews were nice and friendly, others were just ready to drill you with questions.

I did not get the offer. Good luck!