Lord Abbett & Co.

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in August 2011.

Interview Details – A 2 interview process. Most people hired for the internal desk had someone pass along their resume. The first interview is via phone. Simple interview (walk me through your resume, why finance, why sales, etc.). If you get through that, you will need to do a Caliper test and the in person interview consist of about 4 interviews with different people. Similar to the phone interview; walk me through your resume, why sales, why Lord Abbett.

Interview Question – What was your biggest regret in college?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Since I was hired, the base pay has increased but still lags the industry.

Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1.Phone interview.
2. In person interview. Met with three managers. Good cop/bad cop. Sat with wholesaler for 20 minutes.

Interview Question – random market question.   Answer Question

Regional Consultant

Interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co.

Interview Details – One phone interview followed up by a day with four interviews. They just want to understand who you are and why you want to be in sales.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question- Name a book that you recently read. What was it about? What did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Regional Consultant

Interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co.

Interview Details – Went in for 1 on 1 interviews, basic questions and personality tests. Not too stressful

Interview Question – Not tough, but pretty much explain the market and why youd be good at sales   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in January 2012.

Interview Details – The first round of interviews was a phone interview--questions about your resume, why would you be interested in Sales? etc Hardest question- Do you think were headed for a double dip recession?

After that they make you take a caliper test to see you strengths and weaknesses--answer it honestly

If you pass all that then they call you in for an in person interview. You have 4 1:1 interviews with managers, and partners. For me they all seemed to ask very similar questions. Why Lord Abbett? Why Sales? What does it take to be a good sales person? etc etc

A friend of mine that works there had warned me they like to play good cop, bad cop. Some interviews were nice and friendly, others were just ready to drill you with questions.

I did not get the offer. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Jersey City, NJ

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in May 2011.

Interview Details – First contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of normal questions about myself (where do you see yourself in 5 years?) and a description of the position. Was then sent a caliper test that took 1-2 hours. We then scheduled an in-office interview. The in-office interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews (one of which was with a Partner) and shadowing a Regional Consultant. The entire in-office interview took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

Regional Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in March 2008.

Interview Details – Multi-Step hiring process. Starts with a phone interview, followed by a personality analysis questionnaire and finally an in person interview.

Interview Question – Unexpected market stat questions   Answer Question

Regional Consultant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was contacted within a few days to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty standard - previous applicable experience, why LA, knowledge on current financial events. After the phone interview I was emailed a caliper test for personality with an additional logic section. Took the test, and was invited for an in-person interview at the office.

I interviewed with three people and then sat with an RC for about 20mins to see what her job consisted of. Some of the interviewers were very friendly and personable, others were harsher and started firing analytical questions at me before I even sat down. Overall I thought it went well, but I received an email about a week later saying they were not going to pursue me.

Interview Question – Pick your favorite economic concept and teach it to me.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Lord Abbett & Co.

Worked for Lord Abbett & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lord Abbett & Co. Regional Consultant interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lord Abbett & Co. employees and interview candidates.