Lord & Taylor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

1.8

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interview on April 4th,at 10:30 with the cosmetics manager .I was their at 10:10 she send me up stairs and never come up stairs until 11:00 my interview went well she said ok I will send your paper work to Lancôme executive and she will call you Tuesday ............I waited all week never heard a word back I then call her and she said may be the do not want to move forward with you .so I then ask I was judge without a second interview .That not right

Interview Questions

• what will you do to make sales?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

They hired me on the spot for shoe sales associate. They told me that I was going to paid better than the managers get paid. It was a simple interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

First interview was a brief phone screen by HR, followed by a half hour Skype interview with a manager on the team (I was out of state at the time, so no in person interview), last interview was with the VP of the team telling me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• A few questions about my background and current position at the time, followed by some behavioral questions (tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker...) and some technical questions (how would you source a product...)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Columbia, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and quick. It was right to the point and I was very confident as I was answering all of her questions. She told me that she would know by the end of the day if I was hired and they are quick with the process once you're hired . I started a week later including my training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you would call your manager.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

I applied through my university. The recruiter came on campus for interview. The interview only lasted 30 minutes and they asked typical behavioral style questions. In every question you had to give an example of a situation in which you demonstrated a certain skill. They got all of these questions from a packet they had in front of them and would write notes of what you were saying.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied a few nights before I received a phone call asking if was willing to do an interview over the phone..questions were basic..my hours, my experience and what's customer service to me..I've been working retail since I was 17 so it was a piece of cake..I then was offered to come in for a second interview the next day..I went in expecting it to be a room full of other potential candidates but it was just me and another female..basically was told their were 2 spots left and if I was willing to work the schedule then the job was mines..everybody in HR were super polite. Hopefully they keep me after the holidays :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were offering the seasonal position pay rate. No negotiating done

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I attended Lord & Taylors open house, I sat with the HR, and went over what I was looking for in hours and days. He wentthrough a file book, and found a match for my availability. I left with a job.He was so nice, I didnt feel like I was on a interview. I was even asked to stay after the holiday.

Interview Questions

• None, I was asked what deparment did I have experience in. I was then placed in womens, lingerie, petites, and children. All these depatments belongs to manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was informed of the salary, and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lord & Taylor (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Relaxed interview. Asked a few questions, nothing overwhelming. If you answer them well you get called and get hired. There's a paid training you must complete before you start which isn't bad at all.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was recruited on LinkedIn by Michael Brown, a corporate recruiter. Had a brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview with Michael. At the end he told me we'd schedule an interview with the Social Media Director and I should prepare a portfolio to bring to the meeting. I set up my portfolio and followed up 4 times before I gave up. My emails were completely ignored.

Interview Questions

• He asked how I would promote a new product from a coffee company online. It wasn't too bad, but a little difficult having not been given any details (e.g. budget, goals, location of the fictional coffee place, available assets, etc.)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a co-worker/supervisor who asked prewritten questions with regard to handling customers who would call. I explained how my experience in Customer Service would be helpful and an asset to Lord & Taylor.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience as a Customer Service Rep.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, They paid everyone the same. It was not based on experience.