Lord & Taylor Interview Questions & Reviews

78 interviews

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lord & Taylor in March 2014.

HR immediately contacted me via email after I submitted my resume online. I went on one interview only and they handed me my work schedule on the spot. Very efficient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brentwood, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lord & Taylor in June 2013.

Lord and Taylor take a while to respond to applications. So apply ahead of time. HR then calls to schedule an interview. The executive office is located in the intimate's section (bras and panties). The staff is usually very friendly and welcoming. In the interview, they don't ask much. They ask about your personality, experience, and why are you applying to Lord & Taylor. They then tell you about ALL of their open positions and how much you will be paid. Don't be afraid to ask about a sales position if you were offered a stock position. Retail stores need people. Most people are not reliable and don't last long, that is why they need a lot of people. Very short interview and STRAIGHT FORWARD interview. It comes down to resume and personality.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just don't hesitate in answering the questions. The questions are like any other casual conversations.   Answer Question
    Very negotiable. You can negotiate for different positions and different pay. They are willing to work with you if you put in the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lord & Taylor in February 2014.

One interview in person, hired on the spot. They told me which department had positions available so I had a choice. Once I chose, I met the manager of that department, took a tour of the store, and met my new co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work together with management to solve a problem   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lord & Taylor in April 2014.

I was recruited on LinkedIn by Michael Brown, a corporate recruiter. Had a brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview with Michael. At the end he told me we'd schedule an interview with the Social Media Director and I should prepare a portfolio to bring to the meeting. I set up my portfolio and followed up 4 times before I gave up. My emails were completely ignored.

Interview Questions
    • He asked how I would promote a new product from a coffee company online. It wasn't too bad, but a little difficult having not been given any details (e.g. budget, goals, location of the fictional coffee place, available assets, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Relaxed interview. Asked a few questions, nothing overwhelming. If you answer them well you get called and get hired. There's a paid training you must complete before you start which isn't bad at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lord & Taylor in October 2012.

You submit your application to the company, and they call you within several days or a week. Basically, they ask you about your past experience, and how it relates to the position you desire. They may give you the job if it's seasonal, but they are very friendly nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • How did you previous jobs relate to this job you're applying for?   Answer Question
    They had a set pay-base for the employee, no negotiation needed.

Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Lord & Taylor in January 2012.

It has been a while, cannot remember word for word. However, the interview was speaking about my interest and what I would contribute to the company and why I should be considered. The rest once I was hired on the spot, I had to fill out paper work.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected questionaire or unusual about the interview or interviewer.   Answer Question
    In the discussion of pay was not what I expected. I ended with a dollar less than expected.

Visual Merchandising Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lord & Taylor in May 2013.

The interview process was very laid back and the GM was sincere. It went smoothly and he made me feel comfortable talking to him, however he is no longer an employee there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manhasset, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lord & Taylor in November 2012.

Interview questions were very straightforward with a focus on availability, computer, sales, customer service, communications skills.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you. Can you stand on your feet for 8 hours.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Typical retail questions. Nothing too difficult. "What is the worst quality about yourself?" "Why do you want to work here?" "Hardest situation you've had to deal with at current job?"

Interview Questions

Worked for Lord & Taylor? Contribute to the Community!