Lord & Taylor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

1.8

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I attended Lord & Taylors open house, I sat with the HR, and went over what I was looking for in hours and days. He wentthrough a file book, and found a match for my availability. I left with a job.He was so nice, I didnt feel like I was on a interview. I was even asked to stay after the holiday.

Interview Questions
    • None, I was asked what deparment did I have experience in. I was then placed in womens, lingerie, petites, and children. All these depatments belongs to manager.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. I was informed of the salary, and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Relaxed interview. Asked a few questions, nothing overwhelming. If you answer them well you get called and get hired. There's a paid training you must complete before you start which isn't bad at all.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lord & Taylor in April 2014.

I was recruited on LinkedIn by Michael Brown, a corporate recruiter. Had a brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview with Michael. At the end he told me we'd schedule an interview with the Social Media Director and I should prepare a portfolio to bring to the meeting. I set up my portfolio and followed up 4 times before I gave up. My emails were completely ignored.

Interview Questions
    • He asked how I would promote a new product from a coffee company online. It wasn't too bad, but a little difficult having not been given any details (e.g. budget, goals, location of the fictional coffee place, available assets, etc.)   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Typical retail questions. Nothing too difficult. "What is the worst quality about yourself?" "Why do you want to work here?" "Hardest situation you've had to deal with at current job?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor in March 2014.

HR immediately contacted me via email after I submitted my resume online. I went on one interview only and they handed me my work schedule on the spot. Very efficient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor in February 2014.

One interview in person, hired on the spot. They told me which department had positions available so I had a choice. Once I chose, I met the manager of that department, took a tour of the store, and met my new co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work together with management to solve a problem   Answer Question

Part-Time Cosmetics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lord & Taylor in November 2013.

I applied online, and got a call back within a few days to have my phone screening with the HR representative. I then set up an interview with the general manager of Lord and Taylor for two days following the call. Then then called me and changed the interview to the following day because she was unavailable.

I got lost in the store because my location is two stories, and they don't tell you exactly where to go. When I arrived I was taken into the office and sat with the general manager, she asked basic questions. We were then interrupted (or so I thought) by the manager of the Cosmetics Department (who I later found out to be the Assistant manager of the cosmetics department). After a long interview with two very pointed women who consistently giggled at my every response, they "decided" that they "liked" me. They told me that they wanted to have my interview with the counter manager for Shiseido/Borghese. I said that sounded perfect and awaited my phone call.

A day or so later I received the call from the counter manager and she asked me some tough questions like "Are you comfortable with selling 320$ face creams etc". She seemed a little bit distracted because she was at a convention so our call was cut short.

I then received a call (that I missed) and an email offering me the position as the Shiseido/Borghese counter manager. Wait, what? I thought that I interviewed with the counter manager. So I called, and clarified the email and offer. She told me that the woman I had an interview with was the product representative for the company.... so I was lied to... I accepted the job because it was also full time not part time like they had indicated to me. Another lie or "miscommunication".

I will review the first and only day I worked for this company separately.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you comfortable selling 320$ facial creams" "Are you comfortable calling clients on a daily basis?"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I was told that I could negotiate, and when I tried I was told that there was no way to change my rate of pay.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Ask very basic retail question but mostly want to know about availability. Most of the people that was waiting to get interview got hired. you will find out same day if you're hired and also do paper work.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

The interview was pretty informal. Just random questions about my experience.

Seasonal Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor in September 2013.

Applied on Craigslist. Got a call the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses, and how could you improve on them?   Answer Question