Lord & Taylor

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

1.9

Profit Improvement and Procurement Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

First interview was a brief phone screen by HR, followed by a half hour Skype interview with a manager on the team (I was out of state at the time, so no in person interview), last interview was with the VP of the team telling me that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions about my background and current position at the time, followed by some behavioral questions (tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker...) and some technical questions (how would you source a product...)   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Executive Trainee Merchandising Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lord & Taylor.

I applied through my university. The recruiter came on campus for interview. The interview only lasted 30 minutes and they asked typical behavioral style questions. In every question you had to give an example of a situation in which you demonstrated a certain skill. They got all of these questions from a packet they had in front of them and would write notes of what you were saying.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lord & Taylor in November 2014.

I applied a few nights before I received a phone call asking if was willing to do an interview over the phone..questions were basic..my hours, my experience and what's customer service to me..I've been working retail since I was 17 so it was a piece of cake..I then was offered to come in for a second interview the next day..I went in expecting it to be a room full of other potential candidates but it was just me and another female..basically was told their were 2 spots left and if I was willing to work the schedule then the job was mines..everybody in HR were super polite. Hopefully they keep me after the holidays :)

Interview Questions
    They were offering the seasonal position pay rate. No negotiating done

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I attended Lord & Taylors open house, I sat with the HR, and went over what I was looking for in hours and days. He wentthrough a file book, and found a match for my availability. I left with a job.He was so nice, I didnt feel like I was on a interview. I was even asked to stay after the holiday.

Interview Questions
    • None, I was asked what deparment did I have experience in. I was then placed in womens, lingerie, petites, and children. All these depatments belongs to manager.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. I was informed of the salary, and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Relaxed interview. Asked a few questions, nothing overwhelming. If you answer them well you get called and get hired. There's a paid training you must complete before you start which isn't bad at all.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lord & Taylor in April 2014.

I was recruited on LinkedIn by Michael Brown, a corporate recruiter. Had a brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview with Michael. At the end he told me we'd schedule an interview with the Social Media Director and I should prepare a portfolio to bring to the meeting. I set up my portfolio and followed up 4 times before I gave up. My emails were completely ignored.

Interview Questions
    • He asked how I would promote a new product from a coffee company online. It wasn't too bad, but a little difficult having not been given any details (e.g. budget, goals, location of the fictional coffee place, available assets, etc.)   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Typical retail questions. Nothing too difficult. "What is the worst quality about yourself?" "Why do you want to work here?" "Hardest situation you've had to deal with at current job?"

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lord & Taylor in March 2014.

I applied for this position online on a Friday. Received an email within hours. Scheduled an interview for the Tuesday after. They handed me my work schedule on the spot. I started my training on Thursday and was working in my department on Saturday.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. All standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor in March 2014.

HR immediately contacted me via email after I submitted my resume online. I went on one interview only and they handed me my work schedule on the spot. Very efficient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Lord & Taylor in February 2014.

One interview in person, hired on the spot. They told me which department had positions available so I had a choice. Once I chose, I met the manager of that department, took a tour of the store, and met my new co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work together with management to solve a problem   Answer Question