Lord & Taylor

Updated Nov 24, 2014

1.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lord & Taylor in November 2014.

I applied a few nights before I received a phone call asking if was willing to do an interview over the phone..questions were basic..my hours, my experience and what's customer service to me..I've been working retail since I was 17 so it was a piece of cake..I then was offered to come in for a second interview the next day..I went in expecting it to be a room full of other potential candidates but it was just me and another female..basically was told their were 2 spots left and if I was willing to work the schedule then the job was mines..everybody in HR were super polite. Hopefully they keep me after the holidays :)

Interview Questions
They were offering the seasonal position pay rate. No negotiating done

Other Interview Reviews for Lord & Taylor

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I attended Lord & Taylors open house, I sat with the HR, and went over what I was looking for in hours and days. He wentthrough a file book, and found a match for my availability. I left with a job.He was so nice, I didnt feel like I was on a interview. I was even asked to stay after the holiday.

Interview Questions
    • None, I was asked what deparment did I have experience in. I was then placed in womens, lingerie, petites, and children. All these depatments belongs to manager.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. I was informed of the salary, and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lord & Taylor in November 2011.

Pretty quick. I sent my resume via post on Craigslist and got a call for an interview a few weeks later. At the interview, I had to wait a while, but the actual interview was just a few basic questions on retail sales. Got an offer on the spot. I went to the training but the next day got a better offer (this was minimum wage) at a higher-end retail store.

Better offer elsewhere

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, a couple of weeks later got a phone call to interview. Interviewer was very friendly and straight to the point. got hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected Questions, Asked why would i like to work for this company? and asked about employment history.   Answer Question
    No negotiation- take it or leave it 8.50 hr