Los Angeles County Department of Public Health

Very Easy Interview

Student Professional Worker I Interview

Student Professional Worker I
South Gate, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles County Department of Public Health in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got lucky and got hired asap.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Certified Medical Assistant

I applied through other source and interviewed at Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.

Interview Details – After an extensive/exhaustive/overwhelming online application, you receive a letter in the mail saying if you've been selected as a candidate for a pool. It basically ranks you in separate pools, and gives you a year in which your application stays in the pool. From there, different county facilities in your selected area contact you directly for an interview.
The interview is pleasant, compared to others. It is a panel of interviewers who take turns asking questions from workplace habits, administrative questions, clinical questions, past experience questions, so it is a variety to see how you are as a whole.
Be aware, everything the county does takes an extremely long time. It was 2 months after my application and letter that I was contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you were able to act as a team member.   Answer Question
  • How many times in your last job did you have to call out unexpectedly?   Answer Question

Senior Health Educator Interview

Senior Health Educator

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.

Interview Details – Application: The people who review resumes & applications are HR clerks, not trained in Public Health. Therefore, it's best to try to match your experience with the job description. Don't be afraid to copy & paste key phrases, seriously!

Once your application has been reviewed, you'll be invited for a general first interview to rank you. The interviewers are other public health professionals, and the interview asks generic questions about your experience in health education, working in diverse populations, problem solving, etc.

After completing this initial interview, you'll be placed on a list to rank you among the other candidates. The lists are ranked in bands. Band 1 is the highest, band 2 is next, and so on. The number of people in each band varies by how many people applied for the position.

Once a program or department decides they have an item/position to fill, HR will provide them with a list of candidates from Band 1. They will contact the individuals and set up a interview related to the specific position. If they don't identify a candidate from Band 1, they'll move to the next band until they find someone. Depending on the program, there may be second interview.

Interview Question – The questions asked in the first interview are fairly generic, but come prepared with your prior experience collaborating with a team, working in a diverse community, and successfully implementing a health education program.

The questions in the second interview will vary depending on the specific program
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for salary. Everybody starts at the same step.

Worked for Los Angeles County Department of Public Health? Contribute to the Community!