Los Angeles County Sanitation District

Updated Nov 17, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Los Angeles County Sanitation District

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District in April 2014.

On-campus interview with a civil engineer.

Behavior questions first. 1) How is your time management skills. 2) What role you would want to play in a team.

Then two technical questions:1) waste-water treatment process, 2) open channel flow.

No negotiation. Salary is determined by degree type.

Student Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District in February 2014.

Applied through career fair at college. Heard back about phone interview in two weeks. The phone interview was with one senior engineer and lasted about 40 minutes. Largely behavioral and some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the typical wastewater treatment process.   Answer Question
    • Does your GPA correctly reflect you as an individual?   Answer Question
    • If you were worked at the districts and were about to leave with someone new to replace you, what would be the steps you would do to ensure they understand what you did?   Answer Question
    Based on units in college.

Student Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District.

Campus Recruit

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, Flat hourly paid based on the education level

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District in February 2013.

I received an email from my university's career center saying that I had been pre-selected to apply for the position. I applied online simply by submitting my resume. Two weeks later I was informed that I had be selected for an on campus interview. I had a one on one interview with a current engineer and former student from the university. Around 3 weeks later I received a call saying I had received an internship offer.

Interview Questions

Difficulty with transportation at that time.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District in January 2008.

(1) Given 2 hours to analyze a situation and write out a plan and course of action.
    (2) Interviewed with hiring Section Supervisor and an HR Analyst covering numerous competencies; asked formal questions - lasted about 45 minutes, wrapped up with 15 minutes or so with my Q/A.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was commensurate to what my last job paid. Misleading though because the benefits package for local government is outstanding. Once you're an exempt employee you get $1,050 per month for medical plans (HMO or PPO), you get access to $5,500 per year for educational and seminar training, there is a pension after 5 years of service (2% at 55 years).