Los Angeles

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

LA City Attorney's Office, Victim's Associate Program Intern (Unpaid) Interview

LA City Attorney's Office, Victim's Associate Program Intern (Unpaid)
East Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Los Angeles in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Met Recruiter on Campus (UCLA)
2. Called Kathy Colobong (Director of the Program)
3. Brief phone interview (reason of applying, background- such as school, major, location)
4. After 1 week, 1 on 1 interview (I was in a group interview since I went with two of my classmates): basic questions, past experience questions, asking institutional questions regarding job.
5. Was told to set up a fingerprinting schedule (this means you got the job)

Interview Question – Patience is required for this job since you will be handling civilians who may not speak English or may not speak at all (by personal difficulties such as disability). How would you handle stress in such situations when you can't do anything.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Job was far for me w/o car & Decided to take summer class instead.

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Los Angeles.

Interview Details – Be very comfortable and confident. Know Microsoft office applications in and out since majority of your work will use some portion of this. Show that you are willing to learn. Also, come in with great references since they will go a long way to separate you from the crowd. If you are able to get an in-person interview then your chances are probably good, so be relieved.

Interview Question – How will you handle multiple assignment from multiple manager at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really is no negotiation since everything including your work and pay is set in stone.

Chemist II Interview

Chemist II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles.

Interview Details – Very specific questions dealing with knowledge of chemistry. The interview is very formal, with a precise script. If you have familiarity with analytically chemistry, both theoretical and hands on experience you should do well. Focus on theoretical knowledge of GC, ICP, and MS instrumentation. Be ready to discuss in detail how and why you used those instruments.

Interview Question – Explain how you can confirm the concentration of a stock solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little or no negotiation. They pay what they pay.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Volunteer Interview

Volunteer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Los Angeles in January 2010.

Interview Details – I contacted with an engineer who is hiring a volunteer. That was my first interview as well and i was very nervous. The interview includes general behavior questions and a few technical questions.

Interview Question – have i had experience with any software?   Answer Question

Administrative Hearing Examiner Interview

Administrative Hearing Examiner
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles in September 2008.

Interview Details – I went to the main office in the Caltrans building in downtown Los Angeles. I had to complete 3 - 4 essays on how I would handle various situations dealing with customer service. I also had to discuss how I would apply the law to the facts of a given situation and make a fair ruling. After the essays I had to go and meet with a panel of interviewers and describe myself and my educational background. It also was helpful that I had previously worked for the department as an engineer.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate citizen?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a standard offer that I had to take.

City of Los Angeles Intern Interview

City of Los Angeles Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed for intern position at the Office of the City Attorney. Very friendly and laid back. Mostly talked about my skills, interests and goals.

Interview Questions

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Los Angeles in January 2008.

Interview Details – getting on the elegibility list by interveiwing for civil service exam oral interview. Name courses you finished in school and how it pertains to your position, Getting an EIT will get you a high chance to get in at the associate level II.

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work for City of Los Angeles   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Design or Construction work and which department you like to work for.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Warehouse Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was an internal transfer. The initial posting was on an internal personnel website. After following the directions and faxing in my application and my resume, I waited for 2 weeks for a call for an interview date. During that time I began to study for the test. There are rumors that some people may have an advantage because they are coached by a team that has a bank of previously used Interview questions, not confirmed just rumor.

Interview Question – Experience implementing an safety program?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Los Angeles? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Los Angeles interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Los Angeles employees and interview candidates.