Los Angeles Metro Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.6

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online (the application only requires a resume and a cover letter), and was contacted for an in-person interview. There, I was offered the internship and I accepted. The internships pay quite well, given the average pay for internships. The only thing I would suggest is to prepare answering questions as you usually might, as it is always best to be prepared for the usual questions asked in an interview (strengths, weaknesses, further questions etc.)

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected was asked, everything was straightforward. As mentioned above, the only questions asked pertained to strengths, weaknesses, and further questions that I had for them. If I were you, I would not expect any real difference from what I encountered. Everything is pretty homogenous.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Transit Bus Operator - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to take IQ test after one week. Test was pretty basic - then invited to interview and fingerprinting (for background check). Interview was three weeks after application. Interview (one on one) with senior driver. Interview questions were the general type "why do you want to work here? Five or six written questions concerning possible passenger issues - none had correct answer but probably had incorrect answer. I think the intent was to see if you have the ability to approach a problem with more than one way to solve it. After interview a hiring session was held (another 2 weeks) then an assessment test (another week) then a physical (another week) then an offer - but training only starts once a month - so another one to four weeks. This is not a job to apply for if you need work within a couple months.

Interview Questions

• Passenger boards with ten dollar bill. You have no change - what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Passenger pays and boards. You notice he/she smells really bad. Other passengers come to you to complain. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - union contract. Drivers all start as part-time Max pay rate for part-time drivers is 80% of full time (takes 30 mo to get there). Very few benefits for part-time. Can take 2 to 3 years to become full time.

Administrative Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a current intern on behalf of the individuals interviewing me (which was confusing since I thought I was talking to my interviewer)! The building is very intimidating since they have armed guards and turn tables that prevent people from going into offices without an access card, everyone is in a business suit as well. However, when I met my interviewers (two females) it wasn't as intimidating as one would expect. The interview wasn't difficult, the simple questions first, describe yourself, experience, your availability... then a couple of situational questions (if a supervisor is gone and you need assistance what do you do?), where do you see yourself in 3-5 years etc... FYI... I haven't gotten a decision yet but I was required to pick one so I picked NO

Interview Questions

• They have a writing skills test at the end of the interview for some candidates then ask some to bring writing samples. I had a writing skills test which sounds more intimidating then it really is but it's ok, they give you a computer and an audio tape and want you to write notes.   Answer Question

Senior Fraud Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Written assessment and 3 person panel

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your supervisor told you to look the other way?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process at Metro was very comfortable and laid back. The people there are very nice, professional and really enjoy working for the company. The process was much less stressful that I anticipated. I was taken into their workspace (which is very cool) and met with a few different people. I wouldn’t stress too much in preparation for the interview.

General Clerk III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online, then got an email (pdf attachment) about a testing. The test itself is easy, however, speed is essential. Waited for a few more weeks, got another email. This time, it's the typing test. Took it. Waited for a few more weeks, then got the last email, saying that you passed all the requirement and currently on the eligibility list.

Audit Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Los Angeles Metro (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

They were very friendly and open. Asked for a brief introduction and history of my experience. Then probed by resume. They are looking for anyone with accounting experience. However, they are looking mostly for interpersonal skills

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join our internship program? Why do you want to join audit?   Answer Question

Administrative Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Los Angeles Metro in May 2009.

Interview

Pretty comfortable and relaxing interview. Interview was more of a conversation than anything else. No technical questions or pop quizs, just an opportunity for the staff to get to know the candidate and to inform the candidate of the responsibilities and type of work the job requires. Very friendly and not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected interview questinos   Answer Question